News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond 226 runs into parked car in Pensnett.

Started by hartshill busman 724210, November 21, 2013, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartshill busman 724210

A late running 226 drove into the back of a parked motor when heading to Dudley.A passenger who got onto the Hansons 226 after the collision  said he had been repeatedly turning round asking if any one wanted Russells Hall Hospital just before the bump.

Jay

My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

the trainbasher

Express and Star Article - Bus and car collide on Pensnett High Street

Quote from: Express and StarPassengers on a bus escaped without injury following a smash involving their single-decker and a car.

Police were called to Pensnett High Street at around 11.50am today following the crash.

Officers said there had been two passengers on the bus at the time and neither had been hurt.

The driver of the bus suffered minor injuries.

Traffic built up along the High Street while the bus was being moved.

West Midlands Police spokesman Gina Lycett said: "It was a single decker bus in collision with a car.

"There were no serious injuries reported."

West Midlands Ambulance service said an ambulance on its way to another job had come across the crash but was not needed.

So reading the article, looks like someones got their PR people working overtime now.

Quote from: hartshill busman 724210 on November 21, 2013, 02:24:29 PM
A late running 226 drove into the back of a parked motor when heading to Dudley.A passenger who got onto the Hansons 226 after the collision  said he had been repeatedly turning round asking if any one wanted Russells Hall Hospital just before the bump.

So he was trying to avoid the hospital to get back on track

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jay

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 02:35:54 PM
Express and Star Article - Bus and car collide on Pensnett High Street

Quote from: Express and StarPassengers on a bus escaped without injury following a smash involving their single-decker and a car.

Police were called to Pensnett High Street at around 11.50am today following the crash.

Officers said there had been two passengers on the bus at the time and neither had been hurt.

The driver of the bus suffered minor injuries.

Traffic built up along the High Street while the bus was being moved.

West Midlands Police spokesman Gina Lycett said: "It was a single decker bus in collision with a car.

"There were no serious injuries reported."

West Midlands Ambulance service said an ambulance on its way to another job had come across the crash but was not needed.

So reading the article, looks like someones got their PR people working overtime now.

Quote from: hartshill busman 724210 on November 21, 2013, 02:24:29 PM

So he was trying to avoid the hospital to get back on track

they alway try to cut corners on the 226
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

PM

I'll ignore for a start the cheap attempts to knock diamond. Im glad no one was properly hurt. Does anyone know which bus or type of bus it was involved?

the trainbasher

Apparently a 302xx

Anyway DiamondDart, with regards to your comments, are you willing to disregard verification from a local newspaper containing facts about the incident

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

bususer12

The whole lateness problem comes partly from having the same timetable as Hansons, who don't give change. When you do give change, where is the time coming from?

richie

Don't know if this is a result of this accident but there is currently a diamond B7RLE on the 226

old50niner

I don't think we should pre-judge the incident as we're not aware of the true facts.   We all know how the press can go for the jugular and make a story out of anything.   There but for grace go any of us who drive.

the trainbasher

Quote from: richie on November 21, 2013, 04:16:13 PM
Don't know if this is a result of this accident but there is currently a diamond B7RLE on the 226

Now that is unusual!

hartshill busman 724210

Quote from: bususer12 on November 21, 2013, 04:00:12 PM
The whole lateness problem comes partly from having the same timetable as Hansons, who don't give change. When you do give change, where is the time coming from?
The problem comes from sitting in the bus station,then going onto departure stands late and is nothing to do with giving change.I`ve personally observed this many times at both Merry Hill and Dudley.
When you run late you lose more time(the old two and three bus together syndrome)I`m sure I don`t need to spell out why this happens.

Stu

I suppose the irony is that the driver was asking if anybody wanted to get off at the hospital, then ran into the car causing an accident which might have indeed needed people to go to the hospital!  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

I believe the facts about what was reported. I was doubting the supposed two passengers claiming he had been looking around etc and asking people for the hospital. That is not a fact, is not in the article and shouldn't really be discussed or mentioned until the facts are actually clear.

As for diamond on the 226-I think there's constantly an attempt to find fault with diamond on there as people think it is Hansons route-which it isn't... I'm never going to persuade people that most diamond 226's run within the period of -1/+5 as there are some who will always claim diamond do such and such on there and run late. In my experience of that route over the summer so admittedly things could have changed since, the vast vast majority of diamond buses were on time-it was hansons who were late. Hansons have also been spotted skipping bits of the 226 and accepting 9:30 passes before 9:30!! Independent surveys showed, as was mentioned, very very high levels of service compliance by diamond on the 226. FACT.

And does this mean another cadet will possibly be withdrawn??!! If so, tividale could be needing some of the buses they've got at long acre back...

bususer12

here's one from the 19th, CVV Branded dart due at Wordsley Hosp at 1750, arrived at 1803, Hansons due 1805, arrived 1805. Not the first time that they have been seen circa 10 mins late. I do use the Diamond Service, and most of the time they are 5 minutes late, almost consistently enough to think that they are being told to run to that time, as it is very rare that they are on time.

PM

Quote from: bususer12 on November 21, 2013, 08:09:42 PM
here's one from the 19th, CVV Branded dart due at Wordsley Hosp at 1750, arrived at 1803, Hansons due 1805, arrived 1805. Not the first time that they have been seen circa 10 mins late. I do use the Diamond Service, and most of the time they are 5 minutes late, almost consistently enough to think that they are being told to run to that time, as it is very rare that they are on time.

Well five minutes late is ok... And maybe its just because the traffic is busy on the route and the running time isn't sufficient as opposed to them being told to run late. In fairness to diamond, they adjusted the timings so as they were in between hansons buses. If they had intended to run just in front of hansons still, why did they change the timetable?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk