News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolves256

Will 4079 return to service or is this the first withdrawal (not withstanding the fire victims)
I guess there might be a good second hand market for these buses

Wumpty

Quote from: Wolves256 on November 09, 2014, 08:14:41 PM
Will 4079 return to service or is this the first withdrawal (not withstanding the fire victims)

I'd be amazed if it was. From the AG examples I saw at V Fest, they appeared and ran better than some of their Trident counterparts. Saying that, I expect they're an oddity now they've standardised with Alexander and Wrights.

Makes sense to make some money from them and further reduce types.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on November 09, 2014, 08:33:15 PM

I'd be amazed if it was. From the AG examples I saw at V Fest, they appeared and ran better than some of their Trident counterparts. Saying that, I expect they're an oddity now they've standardised with Alexander and Wrights.

It has gone into the reserve fleet. It will not be stripped for spares or sold

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

I've generally regarded 'withdrawn' and 'reserve fleet' at NXWM as one of the same thing - but it looks like 4079 is surplus to requirements currently but could, potentially come back.

Tony

Quote from: paulb1973 on November 10, 2014, 03:04:32 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

I've generally regarded 'withdrawn' and 'reserve fleet' at NXWM as one of the same thing - but it looks like 4079 is surplus to requirements currently but could, potentially come back.

There is a slight difference with the latest batch as there is more of a possibility of them returning to use is some form or another than most vehicles taken out of service in the last few years. Those currently held for possible further use include the B10Ls from YW, 244 and 4079

1661 & 1671 have now been taken out of service at WN, but are also being kept in one piece in case they may be needed again

lynx1103

From Walsall 1445 went into reserve fleet November 2009
Never saw service again

1461,1471,1404 did as well got re-instated to Wolverhampton
A year later.

It's 50 50 weather they see service again

mranon

Tony

Stu

I just find it a bit peculiar that 4079 has been put into 'reserve', when there are only three garages (Acocks Green, Yardley Wood and West Bromwich) that operate the type. AG and YW can surely loan each other a bus of the same type if needed, and surely WB could borrow a Gemini from WA or PB if the need arises for a spare double-decker. Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andyr

Why is 244 not in use ? Always a good bus @ WA.

winston

Pensnett reserve fleet has had a load of new inmates:

B10L 1426

Mercs 1553, 1586, 1612, 1619, 1636, 1639 & 1666

They are all parked down the very bottom of the reserve fleet yard, 1420 is also parked with rear up against the bottom fence

Stevo

Most of these are in TWM or TC livery. If these are in reserve could we see the old liveries make a comeback in 2015?

PM

Quote from: Stevo on December 08, 2014, 04:54:19 PM
Most of these are in TWM or TC livery. If these are in reserve could we see the old liveries make a comeback in 2015?

I'd really doubt it given the number of new vehicles due, plus the fact that it would no doubt be easier to maintain existing mercs in service than potentially ressurect a merc that has been sat around unused for a fair while.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on December 08, 2014, 04:54:19 PM

They are in the 'reserve fleet' but in withdrawn condition with various bits of bodywork missing including possibly engines, they will just sit there until they are ready to be scrapped.

Ronnoc

Sorry if I have missed something obvious but will 4177 last longer then the rest of the Y tridents? It has a Euro 5 engine and it was refurbished.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk