News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM RED & WHITE LIVERY

Started by Nathan4775, May 05, 2012, 11:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nx4737

The main problem is that NX only have the one paint shop.

Stagecoach/Arriva/First have them all over the country.

Tony

Quote from: nx4737 on May 09, 2012, 06:55:31 PM

Yes of course, Arriva are painting all their buses in their latest livery really quickly aren't they? I think not!, and let's see how long it takes First to paint all their buses I expect several years, how long did it take Stagecoach to paint all their fleet in the current livery?

Answers on a postcard to...

Liberator9

Stagecoach have done fine, although a lot of the fleet are new! One good livery I found is this green and blue. Very smart and refreshing.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Transdev+Keighley&s=rec

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 09, 2012, 08:00:18 PM
Stagecoach have done fine, although a lot of the fleet are new! One good livery I found is this green and blue. Very smart and refreshing.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Transdev+Keighley&s=rec

Yes Stagecoach fleet is very smart and mostly uniform now, the question was how long did it take them to change from the original Stripes livery to the current livery.

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Why have you picked two totally different liveries? Haven't NXWM got enough problems with their mixed identity already? And out of interest why have you put the Gemini's and the Hybrids together for their own repaint and the rest with a different one. Oh and on the issue of low floor, I believe technically the only buses that are on the NXWM books that aren't low floor these days are in the Training fleet!

MW

Quote from: wilmotm on May 09, 2012, 09:00:47 PM
Why have you picked two totally different liveries? Haven't NXWM got enough problems with their mixed identity already? And out of interest why have you put the Gemini's and the Hybrids together for their own repaint and the rest with a different one. Oh and on the issue of low floor, I believe technically the only buses that are on the NXWM books that aren't low floor these days are in the Training fleet!

Speaking of the training fleet, I saw 1368 or 1386 going down Moseley Road, whilst on board an Enviro on the 50. I was heading towards the City, whilst 1368 or 1386 (originally thought it was 1388 but it seems it's scrapped) was heading towards Kings Heath. Presumably on it's way to Yardley Wood or training some YW drivers, as it had a total of 4 on board including the driver, and guess what, the coolers were on as per usual to the B10Bs! Especially 1388 which was constant!

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm on May 09, 2012, 09:00:47 PM

And of course liveries with lots of changing colours on panels that regularly get replaced with the knocks they receive around Birmingham.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

That's another good point, that 662 Bradford Shuttle Livery looks so complicated with transfers over the windows and doors of both stripes and numbers, which personally I really dislike as not only does it obstruct the view but windows are just as regularly changed as panels, I was one a Merc the other day, can't remember which one and the little logo on the corner of each window was the PSV glass one, with not a single pane carrying the original Mercedes star logo meaning that in just 14 years of service, every single window on the bus had been replaced at least once.

Liberator9

Another good looking livery. Any reason why all these bus companies like Transev and Network Warrington seem to have buses with eye catching liveries, with no damaged panels or anything?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psbusdriver/5991710201/in/photostream/

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Certainly looking through PS Bus Driver's flickr network Warrington buses look absolutely fantastic, they have a wide range of single decker types, B6's B7rles, Solo's, Darts all in the same livery and the livery seems to suit each bus, very well done indeed, imagine the orange decals were blue and there you have the livery in West Midlands colours, I think it would look fantastic, though the orange crescent would perhaps look silly on Double Deckers

nx4737

Quote from: Tony on May 09, 2012, 07:11:07 PM

Yes of course, Arriva are painting all their buses in their latest livery really quickly aren't they? I think not!, and let's see how long it takes First to paint all their buses I expect several years, how long did it take Stagecoach to paint all their fleet in the current livery?

Any idea how long Stagecoach did actually take, Tony?  :)

Liberator9

Quote from: wilmotm on May 10, 2012, 07:24:19 PM
Certainly looking through PS Bus Driver's flickr network Warrington buses look absolutely fantastic, they have a wide range of single decker types, B6's B7rles, Solo's, Darts all in the same livery and the livery seems to suit each bus, very well done indeed, imagine the orange decals were blue and there you have the livery in West Midlands colours, I think it would look fantastic, though the orange crescent would perhaps look silly on Double Deckers

I agree, just replace the orange with the blue, or the red with a light blue and the orange silver or red.

Roy

Quote from: nx4737 on May 11, 2012, 04:40:13 AM
Quote from: Tony on May 09, 2012, 07:11:07 PM

Any idea how long Stagecoach did actually take, Tony?  :)

I don't know about Stagecoach, but Brighton & Hove, with a fleet of about 270-280 buses, introduced their latest livery in 2004.  It took them 4 years before they had 100% of the fleet in the new livery.  In that period, they received 70 brand new buses in the new livery, so it meant that they painted just over 200 buses.  The NXWM fleet is 5 times the size of Brighton & Hove, and they probably have a larger paintshop.  However, this gives an indication of the size and timescale of the task.

I've been looking, and there's 14 pictures of 4177 on this site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk