News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers Timetables

Started by domino.99, September 07, 2013, 10:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Hey just wondering if any of the drivers can explain or show me a timetable as i want to create my own

nitromatt1

Do you mean the running boards? (the pieces of paper drivers have in the cab with the timing points and their times)

domino.99

the thing most drivers have hangin on there wayfarer

nitromatt1

Quote from: domino.99 on September 07, 2013, 11:07:44 PM
the thing most drivers have hangin on there wayfarer

Yes that's the running board. A bus is allocated to each running board early morning before the start of service. The running board basically details which routes and journeys the bus will operate and lists timing points for each journey, the driver should not leave a timing point before the time given.

The running board also gives the time the bus should depart the depot in the morning (or afternoon in a few cases e.g. afternoon peaks), although these obviously aren't as strict.

Trident 4609

For instance You will have

59/01  Depart Garage 04:38 (Actual example of a real running board)

Leave Empty To Ashmore Park,Ashmore Inn Via ........  (The Route it takes from garage to the start of route)

Then it usually has the route number,Journey Number etc (So they can fill in in on the Wayfarer system whilst signing on.

Then Underneath Wolverhampton Garage although now it also has the number for the AVL traffic control Centre or something like that

Then you have the Timing Points set out like this

Ashmore Park,Ashmore Inn  05:00
Griffiths Drive,Higgs Road     05:05
Wood-End Road                       05:12
Wolverhampton Rd,New Cross Hosp 05:18
Wolverhampton Bus Station [F] 05:27

Nathan4775

NatEX      Board No.   934/01

Days; MONDAY - FRIDAY            
                           Depart Garage; 05:30
Sign On;    05:47         Sign off; 20:05      

Bus Working             
Veh Type;    
Service;Dead   
Trip No; 0001   
Walsall Garage;     07:00
Walsall Bus Station    07:20

Service No;    934
Trip No:   05:47

Walsall Bus Station     05:47
Barr Beacon. Beacon Rd   06:03
Pheasey Church          06:08
Kingstanding Circle     06:13
Perry Barr                    06:22
Birmingham                      06:32

Thats what Diamond Timetable looks like roughly, not sure if NXWM looks the same, got a crapy picture of 934/20 timetable
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

fleetline6477

NX, Green Bus and Arriva have running boards for all the journeys that particular vehicle will do during a day which will include a number of different drivers.

Diamond drivers have duty cards which the driver keeps with them all day and outlines what journeys the individual driver will work during the day and not what a particular vehicle does.

Stuharris 6360

Why have National express changed their running boards, they used to be in the form of a table, but now seem to be in the form of a list?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 20, 2013, 09:10:59 PM
Why have National express changed their running boards, they used to be in the form of a table, but now seem to be in the form of a list?

The 'list' is the industry standard now.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk