News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jay71

We  can now look forward to having super slow buses on the 110. This is great(not)

Lukeee

Quote from: Jay71 on March 23, 2024, 10:34:21 AMWe  can now look forward to having super slow buses on the 110. This is great(not)
Have you drove an electric bus?

Stu

Quote from: Jay71 on March 23, 2024, 10:34:21 AMWe  can now look forward to having super slow buses on the 110. This is great(not)
Quote from: Lukeee on March 23, 2024, 03:39:03 PMHave you drove an electric bus?
Or even travelled on one?

They can be quite nippy when they need to be!

Generally drivers are specially trained to drive 'defensively', in order to best maintain battery charge.
My locals:

Tony

What a weird comment, electric buses accelerate faster than most diesels, an electric car would always be at a petrol car in a drag race due to much higher torque. Top speed is what ever you set the limiter at.

Jay71

Quote from: Stu on March 23, 2024, 04:06:53 PMOr even travelled on one?

They can be quite nippy when they need to be!

Generally drivers are specially trained to drive 'defensively', in order to best maintain battery charge.

Yes, I have travelled on these buses before. Thanks for asking 

Tony

Quote from: Jay71 on March 23, 2024, 05:13:37 PMYes, I have travelled on these buses before. Thanks for asking
So that makes your post even dafter

Jay71

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2024, 05:34:19 PMSo that makes your post even dafter
Tony,  you've forgotten one thing. Not everybody wants to have electric buses on all routes. 

Tony

Your first post was about them being slow which is just complete rubbish

Your new post is just as stupid. 

No one cares whether spotters wants them on every route. With the current finances in the industry you'll be lucky to have an buses at all unless operators modernise to attract passengers with cheaper to operate vehicles 

Stu

Quote from: Jay71 on March 23, 2024, 05:48:45 PMTony,  you've forgotten one thing. Not everybody wants to have electric buses on all routes.

Tell that to TfWM then, they're the ones insisting that all buses in the West Midlands should be zero-emission by 2030.

You're just making some baseless claim about electric buses being "super-slow" when they're not.
My locals:

Jay71

Quote from: Stu on March 23, 2024, 07:15:50 PMTell that to TfWM then, they're the ones insisting that all buses in the West Midlands should be zero-emission by 2030.

You're just making some baseless claim about electric buses being "super-slow" when they're not.

Stuart,  me & you never agree on anything. Fact!

spacecowboy150

I prefer slow bus that sound good

Wba_lad

I looked on bustimes randomly, I seen 4411 tracking as AV1 for the Aston Villa game, I thought it was only stagecoach who did this as the AV82, do arriva also do some Villa shuttles. 

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 27, 2024, 07:04:00 PMI looked on bustimes randomly, I seen 4411 tracking as AV1 for the Aston Villa game, I thought it was only stagecoach who did this as the AV82, do arriva also do some Villa shuttles.
Clearly they do.

Stagecoach's AV82 runs between Birmingham city centre and Aston, completely different route.

My locals:

ellspurs

https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/special-bus-service/

I'm sure Chaserider used to run the AV1 service, a Google search brings up the Football Specials thread where it's mentioned that Arriva took it over in 2023.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk