News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: CL on August 01, 2019, 02:05:57 PM
One for Solihull bound services, and the other for Northfield bound services - the latter turns back onto itself

to complicate matters, both 49s also stop at the stop adjacent to Kings Norton station

I've just seen a 49 to Solihull come back on itself so it makes sense now. The flags anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

nathanielrwi

I've got mixed feelings over the new stops - they're definitely worse for most passengers and I agree with the point about vandalism but they will no doubt see till be vandalised! Couldn't they have simply made the shelters bigger if they really needed to be open? In Wednesfield there was an old style shelter that was larger than most of the other shelters which has been replaced with the new style shelters that constantly leave people exposed to the elements!

nathanielrwi

Around 3 or 4 old TWM and WMT bus stops along Green Lanes in Bilston!

They've changed the timetables at the 28 stop towards Heartlands at Spitfire Island now. They're now in WM Bus Red rather than the previous blue ones. First one I've seen.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on August 19, 2019, 04:35:41 PM
They've changed the timetables at the 28 stop towards Heartlands at Spitfire Island now. They're now in WM Bus Red rather than the previous blue ones. First one I've seen.
There's a lot of them in red now between Sutton and Mere Green on Lichfield Road.

Bus1237

Acocks Green Village stops outside Morrisons now have new style flags. The WM Bus logo is much bigger than the previous design and it looks a lot better too. Not sure it beats the network west midlands style though...

Busboy105

The Kings Road bus stop on the Coventry Road towards Birmingham is getting a new shelter built. Not sure what was wrong with the old one but I kind of like it.

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 26, 2019, 01:59:27 PM
The Kings Road bus stop on the Coventry Road towards Birmingham is getting a new shelter built. Not sure what was wrong with the old one but I kind of like it.
Could be something to do with the Sprint route, that is supposed to be operating on the Coventry Road corridor from 2021.

QuoteWe are planning to install a shelter prototype in spring 2019 to assess its suitability and robustness. We will be engaging with representative groups to ensure it is appropriate for all users.

edit - There is information about it in their Summer news letter.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

I knew it had something to do with that, I haven't seen a shelter like that anywhere else in Birmingham.
Edit: thanks for the pdf, I was just going to ask where did that quote come from.

Oozells

So the bus stops at Calthorpe Road/Five Ways have been swapped around - A good decision because the #1 usually blocks the view of the 23/24. However, the new 10/23/24 shelter (old 1/10) still has the old timetables and realtime, and the 1 shelter (old 23) still has the old timetable. The old 24 shelter still has the old flag, so there are now two of those but no 24 timetable. Drivers have been stopping at either their old or new shelter, so disabled and old people have been having to move between 2 or 3 shelters all day... It's been ridiculous and no one at TfWM or NXWM seemed to care.

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 27, 2019, 06:47:44 PM
I knew it had something to do with that, I haven't seen a shelter like that anywhere else in Birmingham.
Edit: thanks for the pdf, I was just going to ask where did that quote come from.
Noticed this new stop at Kings Road (towards Birmingham City Centre) has a blue timetable on it for a "T1" service and another timetable for the X51.
Presumably displaying how the new sprint timetable will be displayed on the stops?

TFWM have also put "60" on the new flag at the 72/73 stop on Sheaf Lane at the Wheatsheaf. Although the 60 turns right and doesn't stop there. The new timetable also has a timetable for the 60. Which additionally only shows a few late night and early morning Saturday journeys.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Could mean when the 60 serves those stops.

MasterPlan

For some reason the outbound stop by Weoley Hill on the X21 route has been replaced with a new style red flag that just says 39A. The 39A doesn't even go down Weoley Park Road and does this mean the X21 doesn't stop there anymore?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 31, 2019, 12:59:03 PM
For some reason the outbound stop by Weoley Hill on the X21 route has been replaced with a new style red flag that just says 39A. The 39A doesn't even go down Weoley Park Road and does this mean the X21 doesn't stop there anymore?

Could be a mistake.

Someone left a comment on my website that the Moseley School stop on Wake Green Road now shows 'Not In Use', though as far as I am aware there is no planned route or stop changes for the 5. The lady makes a fair point that if those two stops are no longer going to be called at, its a very long walk to the nearest stops (College Road and Springfield Road) up/down a hill.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk