News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 13, 2020, 09:44:04 PM
The Fosbrooke Road bus stop on the Hob Moor Road towards Brum has no bus flag. The one towards Yardley still says Waverley School despite it being moved about 3-4 years ago.
DS10's Swift Card collector never seems to work.
Might report these issues to TFWM to be honest.

If you don't report these issues, then they'll never get corrected.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 13, 2020, 09:44:04 PM
The Fosbrooke Road bus stop on the Hob Moor Road towards Brum has no bus flag. The one towards Yardley still says Waverley School despite it being moved about 3-4 years ago.
DS10's Swift Card collector never seems to work.
Might report these issues to TFWM to be honest.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/get-in-touch/report-a-problem/

Stu

Noticed over the last couple of days, that a number of bus stops along the Stratford Road through Sparkbrook and Sparkhill have had their flags replaced with the new red 'West Midlands Bus' design.

No route numbers have changed, I just wonder if this is something being done ahead of the introduction of the first electric buses in the West Midlands?
My locals:

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 06:46:55 PM
Noticed over the last couple of days, that a number of bus stops along the Stratford Road through Sparkbrook and Sparkhill have had their flags replaced with the new red 'West Midlands Bus' design.

No route numbers have changed, I just wonder if this is something being done ahead of the introduction of the first electric buses in the West Midlands?

I think a lot of areas have been done @Stu, presumable Stourbridge was done because of the recent service changes, although routes which have seen no changes have seen the new flags as well. Seems a total waste of money as flags were only changed a few months before.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 06:46:55 PM

That makes sense but why did some Coventry Road stops get the new flag and new shelters. The old ones were just fine they weren't faded or anything

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2020, 07:00:44 PM
I think a lot of areas have been done @Stu, presumable Stourbridge was done because of the recent service changes, although routes which have seen no changes have seen the new flags as well. Seems a total waste of money as flags were only changed a few months before.

Here in south Birmingham, the only flags that have been replaced recently have been ones where routes have changed at service reviews, for example in Acocks Green and Shirley when the new 32 was introduced, or in Moseley where the 34 was rerouted to serve part of Alcester Road.

The only 'sporadic' one I've seen is one I mentioned earlier, where the Chinnbrook Road stop on Trittiford Road in Billesley was replaced and they left off the 3.  ::)

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 04, 2020, 07:56:49 PM
That makes sense but why did some Coventry Road stops get the new flag and new shelters. The old ones were just fine they weren't faded or anything

If you're talking about the Kings Road stop in Hay Mills, I believe that is some kind of 'prototype' shelter that will be introduced for Sprint services. I don't go that way along the Coventry Road since I moved from South Yardley, so can't comment on any other flag or shelter changes.
My locals:

ellspurs

They have been repainting a number of the bus shelters on Auckland Drive, Smith's Wood in the same grey/silver that the Platinum buses use. These stops are only served by the 94/94A which isn't a Platinum service. Is this the colour that they're making bus shelters now?

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on February 04, 2020, 08:18:15 PM
They have been repainting a number of the bus shelters on Auckland Drive, Smith's Wood in the same grey/silver that the Platinum buses use. These stops are only served by the 94/94A which isn't a Platinum service. Is this the colour that they're making bus shelters now?

I've seen a number of the old 'blue/orange' shelters repainted in 'grey'red', is that what you meant?

We've still got green/yellow bus shelters in Billesley!  ;D
My locals:

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 08:21:54 PM
I've seen a number of the old 'blue/orange' shelters repainted in 'grey'red', is that what you meant?

Yes, the grey/red ones with a random white one on Green Lane.

mesub

Quote from: ellspurs on February 04, 2020, 08:18:15 PM
The same grey/silver that the Platinum buses use.

The harborne & university routes don't have these flags.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 08:12:45 PM
Here in south Birmingham, the only flags that have been replaced recently have been ones where routes have changed at service reviews, for example in Acocks Green and Shirley when the new 32 was introduced, or in Moseley where the 34 was rerouted to serve part of Alcester Road.

The only 'sporadic' one I've seen is one I mentioned earlier, where the Chinnbrook Road stop on Trittiford Road in Billesley was replaced and they left off the 3.  ::)

If you're talking about the Kings Road stop in Hay Mills, I believe that is some kind of 'prototype' shelter that will be introduced for Sprint services. I don't go that way along the Coventry Road since I moved from South Yardley, so can't comment on any other flag or shelter changes.
I know about that one. The ones that I'm talking about are the Bordesley Station and the Greenway Street (towards Small Heath) got new flags and shelters and the Greenway Street stop towards Birmingham got a new flag.

ellspurs

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 04, 2020, 08:36:32 PM
I know about that one. The ones that I'm talking about are the Bordesley Station and the Greenway Street (towards Small Heath) got new flags and shelters and the Greenway Street stop towards Birmingham got a new flag.

Could have this been a consequence of the 97 change with the official diversion when there's football on at St. Andrews?

Jack

They've repainted all the green/yellow shelters on the Aldridge Road in Streetly, making them look quite new, especially being the 90s ones. Plenty on the X12 to have been repainted too.

The new flags have cropped up on the 40, ready for when the route goes WMB I presume.

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2020, 08:21:54 PM

There are still 2 yellow/green shelters around Ward End. One served by the 28/28A, the stop after the Fox and Goose on the Alum Rock Road and one at Alum Rock Road, Sladefield Road served by the 14.

They repainted the old yellow and green shelter on the Washwood Heath Road by Ward End Park into the new colours a few weeks back.

And just remembered there is another yellow/green one at Ash Road, Adderley Road in Alum Rock served by the 8C and 53.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: ellspurs on February 04, 2020, 08:48:50 PM
Could have this been a consequence of the 97 change with the official diversion when there's football on at St. Andrews?
No the 97 goes through Saltley during the BCFC matchdays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk