News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

The NWM flags look smart, easier to read and just look the part. The new flags aren't bad but the previous style was terrible.

nathanielrwi

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 09, 2019, 11:35:30 AM
They're iconic because they've been around so long and they just go with the all the shelter colours. The new red and white ones just look odd, in my opinion.
The stops in Wednesfield are odd as they have the new style shelter with the old blue timetables holders with new red timetables and an old blue flag!

Stu

Quote from: nathanielrwi on November 09, 2019, 08:12:06 PM
The stops in Wednesfield are odd as they have the new style shelter with the old blue timetables holders with new red timetables and an old blue flag!

That's nothing, here in Billesley and Moseley we have green/yellow Centro shelters, with blue NWM flags, and red TfWM timetables.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Quote from: nathanielrwi on November 09, 2019, 08:12:06 PM

The flags get replaced when services change or when the flag is weathered to a point it's faded. Most of the Wednesfield flags have been changed within the last few years They have started repainting the stops in the Wednesfield area. I doubt the flags will be changed for now as they are far from faded and there are no planned service changes around there.

Noticed today that the 10S stop on Stonehouse Hill towards Quinton states "Towards Birmingham".

Also noticed that the 11C stop near Tesco/Brockhurst Road at the Fox and Goose, just has an empty timetable case, with no timetable in it. Same for the stop outside Hillcrest School on Stonehouse Lane on the X22/23 routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on December 11, 2019, 06:45:27 PM
Noticed today that the 10S stop on Stonehouse Hill towards Quinton states "Towards Birmingham".

Also noticed that the 11C stop near Tesco/Brockhurst Road at Fox and Goose, just has an empty timetable case, with no timetable in it. Same for the stop outside Hillcrest School on Stonehouse Lane on the X22/23 routes.

Don't forget you need to report these to Network West Midlands:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/get-in-touch/report-a-problem/

As for where a stop incorrectly shows 'Towards xxx' I believe that is where the stop database hasn't been updated correctly when routes calling at that stop have changed.

For example, there are stops on Showell Green Lane in Sparkhill that still show 'Towards Yardley Wood' though the 5 that currently uses them doesn't go to Yardley Wood, while the 2 does, which used to use that route. Also I believe the Stoney Lane stop on Stratford Road that the X50 uses shows 'Towards Gospel Oak', a throwback to when the 31 used it.
My locals:

Westy

There's still at least 3 unused shelters in Green Lane Leamore since the X51 was rerouted!

Sandy Lane

A new bus stop ER5 for Coventry station comes in January.
It is right outside the main entrance where they used to stop instead of a walk through busy traffic.

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 19, 2019, 08:01:54 PM
A new bus stop ER5 for Coventry station comes in January.
It is right outside the main entrance where they used to stop instead of a walk through busy traffic.
Its been reported in the local press the Station bus interchange is closing while works begin on new car park. The interchange will then be used for car drop offs until new bus interchange is opened.

Sandy Lane

Good move for bus users. There is also a new long area of yellow painted hatching on the approach road. It will help the buses if car drivers follow the rules and dont stop in it.

The flag on the 14 stop at Alum Rock Road, Sladefield Road towards Chelmsley has faded badly. And you can now see the numbers "525" and "613" showing up on the flag underneath it, presumably it was reused from another area.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 11, 2020, 11:14:50 AM
The flag on the 14 stop at Alum Rock Road, Sladefield Road towards Chelmsley has faded badly. And you can now see the numbers "525" and "613" showing up on the flag underneath it, presumably it was reused from another area.

Please follow this link to report it to TfWM:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/get-in-touch/report-a-problem/

Stu

This evening I got off the 76 at the Chinn Brook Road stop on Trittiford Road, and noticed that the flag has been replaced with the new West Midlands Buses design. However it now only shows the 27, 69 and 76 with the 3 missing.

I'm not sure why this flag has been replaced because there was nothing wrong with the one in place (not faded or anything), and I'm not aware of any forthcoming route change for the 3. In fact the current shelter was only installed sometime last year as the previous one got totalled in some kind of collision.

Hopefully this is just an error, and now I have reported it to TfWM it will be corrected, but what a waste of money.

It was still pissing down with rain when I got off the bus, so didn't hang around long enough to see if the flag on the shelter across the road had been changed also!
My locals:

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on January 13, 2020, 07:07:15 PM
This evening I got off the 76 at the Chinn Brook Road stop on Trittiford Road, and noticed that the flag has been replaced with the new West Midlands Buses design. However it now only shows the 27, 69 and 76 with the 3 missing.

I'm not sure why this flag has been replaced because there was nothing wrong with the one in place (not faded or anything), and I'm not aware of any forthcoming route change for the 3. In fact the current shelter was only installed sometime last year as the previous one got totalled in some kind of collision.

Hopefully this is just an error, and now I have reported it to TfWM it will be corrected, but what a waste of money.

It was still pissing down with rain when I got off the bus, so didn't hang around long enough to see if the flag on the shelter across the road had been changed also!
@Stu the flag would only be replaced if there was a service change or a member of the public reported a problem with it normally the cost of the change of flag is billed to the operator leaving WMCA revenue neutral. I am not aware of change to the 3 so I will follow it up and yes its pissing down I got soaked too getting off the 4H

Busboy105

The Fosbrooke Road bus stop on the Hob Moor Road towards Brum has no bus flag. The one towards Yardley still says Waverley School despite it being moved about 3-4 years ago.
DS10's Swift Card collector never seems to work.
Might report these issues to TFWM to be honest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk