News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on October 09, 2019, 03:19:31 PM
Would makes sense, if they replaced the pole at University North Gate on Pritchatts Road, towards Birmingham City Centre with a shelter. It has become a very busy stop and seems to be used heavily. Must have been about 40 people waiting at that stop, when I went past earlier.

Yh that is a busy stop but I can't see it being easily implemented. That bus stop is quite far from the road and I wouldn't really say there is space for a shelter.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 09, 2019, 12:38:18 PM
Am I the only one who hates the new flags design? The West Midlands bus logo is too big and the colour scheme of red and white doesn't really go with the stops. It's probably something that will grow on me later but right now I'm not feeling it.
Changing the flags must cost a fortune. If as a guess £100 a go your talking big bucks across the West Mids.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2019, 02:06:47 PM
Could be a mistake.

Someone left a comment on my website that the Moseley School stop on Wake Green Road now shows 'Not In Use', though as far as I am aware there is no planned route or stop changes for the 5. The lady makes a fair point that if those two stops are no longer going to be called at, its a very long walk to the nearest stops (College Road and Springfield Road) up/down a hill.

Just to follow up on this, though I did not get any answer to the query that I sent to Network West Midlands and NX West Midlands regarding this.

The flags had been changed and did show 'Not In Use', also on Google Maps the 5 was not shown as using those stops.

Been on the 5 a couple of times this week, and have noticed that both stops have been changed again and the 5 is showing on the flags, also now shows on Google Maps when you click on the stop.

Guess it was a 'data error' then! :)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 09, 2019, 03:38:28 PM
Yh that is a busy stop but I can't see it being easily implemented. That bus stop is quite far from the road and I wouldn't really say there is space for a shelter.
If that's the case, could the stop not be repositioned somewhere else near it where there would be room for a shelter.
As a busy stop like that should have a shelter I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Are the bus stops with the new white and green flags going to be replaced with the new red and white ones? I've recently thought of this because the new red and white flags are the new official flags for the TFWM bus sector.

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 06, 2019, 09:18:57 AM
Are the bus stops with the new white and green flags going to be replaced with the new red and white ones? I've recently thought of this because the new red and white flags are the new official flags for the TFWM bus sector.

What white and green flags are these?

It looks like all new flags printed will be in the new TfWM red/white design. At the moment this will be on an 'as needed' basis, ie where route numbers change, or where the flag is badly faded or damaged, so I wouldn't expect a mass rollout of these just yet, but with the notices on the timetables informing of the 'transition' to "West Midlands Network", it might just happen soorner than you think.

My locals:

DJ

Quote from: Stu on November 06, 2019, 06:41:09 PM
At the moment this will be on an 'as needed' basis, ie where route numbers change, or where the flag is badly faded or damaged

I do remember seeing that mentioned before, but I've noticed some routes have had all their flags replaced, despite them all being in good condition. For example, I've noticed pretty much all of them on my local route (WA11/11A) have been replaced.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on November 06, 2019, 06:41:09 PM
What white and green flags are these?

It looks like all new flags printed will be in the new TfWM red/white design. At the moment this will be on an 'as needed' basis, ie where route numbers change, or where the flag is badly faded or damaged, so I wouldn't expect a mass rollout of these just yet, but with the notices on the timetables informing of the 'transition' to "West Midlands Network", it might just happen soorner than you think.
The flags that were changed after the last consultation.
Like this one: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Digbeth+Coach+Station+(Stop+DS5),+Birmingham+B5+6DH/@52.4754829,-1.8883155,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870bc8715968499:0xa48b83ade4e40b4d

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 06, 2019, 07:05:24 PM
The flags that were changed after the last consultation.
Like this one: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Digbeth+Coach+Station+(Stop+DS5),+Birmingham+B5+6DH/@52.4754829,-1.8883155,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870bc8715968499:0xa48b83ade4e40b4d

Those aren't green. That red/grey design was some kind of 'trial' design, it had a bit of a rollout for a while when some route numbers changed, but it got stopped, hence why some flags since then have been replaced with the 'old' Network West Midlands design.

Quote from: StourValley98 on November 06, 2019, 06:51:42 PM
I do remember seeing that mentioned before, but I've noticed some routes have had all their flags replaced, despite them all being in good condition. For example, I've noticed pretty much all of them on my local route (WA11/11A) have been replaced.

Well, I can't speak for other areas, but I've only seen this new 'West Midlands Network' red/white design applied to stops where route numbers changed after September changes.

There is a stop on Yardley Wood Road in Moseley - Woodstock Road towards Yardley Wood - the pole was destroyed (along with the resident's wall and gate!) in a road accident several months ago. The pole was replaced and it has had a 'temporary bus stop' vinyl applied ever since; I reported this using the NWM Fixit website form a few weeks ago, and it has now finally had a proper flag applied, in this new design. Which is from where I'm basing my assumption that flags will only be replaced where necessary at present.
My locals:

Westy

Did the one outside Yardley Wood  Garage ever get replaced?

At the time of the open day, I seem to remember it being faded.

Jack

They've done all the ones on the 997 up until Pheasey from Birmingham and have done all bus stops from Birmingham to the Scott Arms with the new flags.

nathanielrwi

Quote from: Stu on November 06, 2019, 07:20:25 PM
Those aren't green. That red/grey design was some kind of 'trial' design, it had a bit of a rollout for a while when some route numbers changed, but it got stopped, hence why some flags since then have been replaced with the 'old' Network West Midlands design.

I think these were easier to read than the new ones - although I still think the old network west midlands ones are better and easier to read!!

Busboy105

Quote from: nathanielrwi on November 08, 2019, 07:49:28 PM
I think these were easier to read than the new ones - although I still think the old network west midlands ones are better and easier to read!!
Oh absolutely, the blue and white flags are iconic. They actually don't fade out quickly which could be an issue with the new flags because it's a brighter colour.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 08, 2019, 11:41:27 PM
Oh absolutely, the blue and white flags are iconic. They actually don't fade out quickly which could be an issue with the new flags because it's a brighter colour.

What's iconic about the blue/white flags? never heard that one before, and the fade awfully.

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2019, 08:43:06 AM
What's iconic about the blue/white flags? never heard that one before, and the fade awfully.
They're iconic because they've been around so long and they just go with the all the shelter colours. The new red and white ones just look odd, in my opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk