News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2019, 02:06:47 PM
Could be a mistake.

Someone left a comment on my website that the Moseley School stop on Wake Green Road now shows 'Not In Use', though as far as I am aware there is no planned route or stop changes for the 5. The lady makes a fair point that if those two stops are no longer going to be called at, its a very long walk to the nearest stops (College Road and Springfield Road) up/down a hill.

Possibly, but as it's registration ends today and it hasn't been renewed who knows.
Also it's the only one that's been changed which I don't get. Do they just go around replacing random flags or what...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 31, 2019, 02:45:13 PM
Possibly, but as it's registration ends today and it hasn't been renewed who knows.
Also it's the only one that's been changed which I don't get. Do they just go around replacing random flags or what...
Very unlikely that the X21 would get withdrawn and without replacement, if that's what your suggesting.
X20/X21/X22 are very well used routes.
It will probably just revert to its pre Summer timetable.

There is a timetable on traveline wm valid from 01/09/19, that shows that the X21 will be stopping by Woeley Hill. The only change being on Moor Street Queensway, where the inbound X20/X21/X22/61/63 and 17 will be swapping stands.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on August 31, 2019, 04:08:14 PM
Very unlikely that the X21 would get withdrawn and without replacement, if that's what your suggesting.
X20/X21/X22 are very well used routes.
It will probably just revert to its pre Summer timetable.

There is a timetable on traveline wm valid from 01/09/19, that shows that the X21 will be stopping by Woeley Hill. The only change being on Moor Street Queensway, where the inbound X20/X21/X22/61/63 and 17 will be swapping stands.

No, I wasn't. I was just saying that it doesn't seem to have been registered from 1st September along with others.
It probably will go back to the previous timetable but it would be nice to actually know that.

MasterPlan

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 31, 2019, 06:56:35 PM
No, I wasn't. I was just saying that it doesn't seem to have been registered from 1st September along with others.
It probably will go back to the previous timetable but it would be nice to actually know that.

EDIT: On closer inspection it says Middle park road on the flsg lol so total mess up there.

Mike K

For some reason a number of bus stops in Harborne and Edgbaston from city have been taken out of use with multiple services now grouped into fewer stops instead. These include:
- Five Ways Calthorpe Road - 3 stops reduced to 2, the 10,23 and 24 all using one, and the 1 using the other. Middle stop no longer in use.
- Harborne Junction - all five services both now use just one stop, old 23 stop no longer in use. Seems strange, the pavement is narrow here and now everyone congregates in one place
- Harborne Albert Road - 19 and 23 both now use the 19 stop, old 23 stop no longer is use

No idea what the supposed benefits of these changes are but presumably there's some rationale.

JoNi

New bus stops outbound on Holyhead Road, Coventry with new X20. Old stops to be replaced inbound soon to be gone 82.

JPC

Quote from: JoNi on September 06, 2019, 12:10:45 PM
New bus stops outbound on Holyhead Road, Coventry with new X20. Old stops to be replaced inbound soon to be gone 82.

Seen them (new red ones) along the A45 two Saturdays ago.

Also noticed one today at the start of Mile Lane, Willenhall bound.  ;D
The start of a huge influx in Coventry I suppose.

Busboy105

Am I the only one who hates the new flags design? The West Midlands bus logo is too big and the colour scheme of red and white doesn't really go with the stops. It's probably something that will grow on me later but right now I'm not feeling it.

Wumpty

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 09, 2019, 12:38:18 PM
Am I the only one who hates the new flags design? The West Midlands bus logo is too big and the colour scheme of red and white doesn't really go with the stops. It's probably something that will grow on me later but right now I'm not feeling it.

I always look at these from a brand recognition perspective - can your target audience or customer recognise you from your brand?

The vertically linked W and M is a very weak brand, coupled with some of the colour variants can dilute the overall effect. Look back to the days of WMPTE and British Rail and it was instantly recognisable and passengers knew what each logo was for.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

karl724223

Bet the red fades to pink with the weather and light

Busboy105

Speaking of fades, the BC36 Berkeley Road East, Coventry Road stop towards Heartlands Hospital has faded out so much that you can't even see what is on the flag. What's even crazy is that all the other stops on the road are fairly new and this is just greyed out.

MasterPlan

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 31, 2019, 12:59:03 PM
For some reason the outbound stop by Weoley Hill on the X21 route has been replaced with a new style red flag that just says 39A. The 39A doesn't even go down Weoley Park Road and does this mean the X21 doesn't stop there anymore?

This has now been replaced with a 'Temporary bus stop' flag.

Busboy105

The first three bus stops on Green Lane (Little Green Lane,Eversley Road and Prince Albert Street) has timetables valid from 2 June 2017 which was the latest East Birmingham changes. Probably should talk to Network West Midlands or West Midlands Network as its now known.

Busboy105

The Lea Village Island terminus still has 99 on the flag despite it being withdrawn 2 weeks ago.

Would makes sense, if they replaced the pole at University North Gate on Pritchatts Road, towards Birmingham City Centre with a shelter. It has become a very busy stop and seems to be used heavily. Must have been about 40 people waiting at that stop, when I went past earlier.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk