News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

first buying compaines again out of area

Started by Cedric, August 01, 2013, 11:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Given Stagecoach's frequency on the Wilmslow Road I would venture to suggest that this purchase is merely more evidence of  first group's inept management.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on August 02, 2013, 08:40:08 PM
Given Stagecoach's frequency on the Wilmslow Road I would venture to suggest that this purchase is merely more evidence of  first group's inept management.

have to say i agree here mike they dont stand a chance

winston

Given that First have failed to turn around other loss making operations, what makes them think they can turn around the 250k loss on £3.8 million turnover that Finglands are currently loosing..... ?

Bob

Anyone think the stoke operation could be sold? Distinctly lacking in investment,  no new buses since 2006!

PM

Quote from: Winston on August 02, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

Given that First have failed to turn around other loss making operations, what makes them think they can turn around the 250k loss on £3.8 million turnover that Finglands are currently loosing..... ?

i guess its not a massive loss to be honest tho i wonder how they could turn that around against stagecoach who are hard to compete against as many operators have discovered

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 10:04:39 PM

i guess its not a massive loss to be honest tho i wonder how they could turn that around against stagecoach who are hard to compete against as many operators have discovered

It's as much as RH & KR were loosing for First

sconehead85

bob- Remember my suggestion of a First/NatEx swap.  OK it was shot down in flames but never mind!

sconehead85

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on August 03, 2013, 04:58:33 AM
bob- Remember my suggestion of a First/NatEx swap.  OK it was shot down in flames but never mind!

sconehead85

There's no benefit for NX to swap,  the Dundee business is doing well for NX, but I would have liked to have seen NX participate in the recent First Group sell offs. First Wyvern, Leicester, Scotland East & London would have been on my shopping list  ;)

pb2012

Quote from: Winston on August 03, 2013, 09:52:08 AM
Quote from: sconehead85 on August 03, 2013, 04:58:33 AM

sconehead85

There's no benefit for NX to swap,  the Dundee business is doing well for NX, but I would have liked to have seen NX participate in the recent First Group sell offs. First Wyvern, Leicester, Scotland East & London would have been on my shopping list  ;)

NX they may well have tried to aquire some of first's businesses we just don't know, london to expensive look what happened last time,stoke,leicester and Worcester could still come up for sale if first require additional funds to survive.

PM

Quote from: Winston on August 03, 2013, 12:42:24 AM
Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 10:04:39 PM

It's as much as RH & KR were loosing for First

If they had been owned by stagecoach then they could have easily been turned around compared to the loss stagecoach liverpool inherited with glenvale-that was massive and theyre well in profit now

StourportSam

Does anyone know when the sale of Finglands to First is likely to be completed please? So that their buses can be released back to EYMS to hopefully sort Whittle's bus shortage crisis. Whittle need about 1 or 2 more buses I think to cover their service, as demonstrated by buses not turning up or being replaced by coaches on the 3.

I see Bullocks or a similar name have bought the coach operation.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on November 15, 2013, 06:30:24 PM
Does anyone know when the sale of Finglands to First is likely to be completed please? So that their buses can be released back to EYMS to hopefully sort Whittle's bus shortage crisis. Whittle need about 1 or 2 more buses I think to cover their service, as demonstrated by buses not turning up or being replaced by coaches on the 3.

I see Bullocks or a similar name have bought the coach operation.

Oft site states decision date is T.b.c. I don't know why they're even bothering to investigate the acquisition, as it may lead to increased competition between First Group & Stagecoach

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on November 15, 2013, 06:35:49 PMI don't know why they're even bothering to investigate the acquisition, as it may lead to increased competition between First Group & Stagecoach

Good Point!!

sconehead85

The OFT decision is to happen on 3rd December.   I think Whittle may be sold, obviously not to First, as EYMS is probably going to focus on its own area.
If First are not allowed  to buy Finglands then there will be a Stagecoach monopoly on the Manchester- Wilmslow Road corridor, so the OFT inquiry is a no-brainer.

sconehead85

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk