News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

That's a lot of extra space in the garage to find for all these unused new buses.

John

Quote from: Adam 404 on October 10, 2016, 04:48:07 PM
Looks like my wonderful prediction skills were right  ;D - No, I don't have next weeks lottery numbers...

They are staring earlier than the 24th I've heard. 17th October is the start date for the ones fit for service by then

Quote from: Gareth on October 10, 2016, 04:48:20 PM
That's a lot of extra space in the garage to find for all these unused new buses.

We will more than likely lose 6 buses when the new ones enter service, then transfer one out for each new MMC to enter service

Stu

Wonder if they'll go to the trouble of route-branding them, especially if the route numbers are changing in December?

I imagine the branding will be similar to the 93x series at Walsall. Then just peel off the '90' and '91' and apply an 'X'  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: Stu on October 10, 2016, 06:57:52 PM
Wonder if they'll go to the trouble of route-branding them, especially if the route numbers are changing in December?

I imagine the branding will be similar to the 93x series at Walsall. Then just peel off the '90' and '91' and apply an 'X'  ;)

They are route branded already, silver but as you said, similar to the Walsall buses. They are not having route numbers on the branding until the changes in December

Tony

I took 6800 out for a photo shoot today
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6800.html

Wilko52

Quote from: Tony on October 10, 2016, 07:25:55 PM
I took 6800 out for a photo shoot today
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6800.html

I knew You had, I saw you at around 1sh at Perry barr
North Circular  68C

Tony

Quote from: Wilko52 on October 10, 2016, 07:30:08 PM
I knew You had, I saw you at around 1sh at Perry barr

A director wanted a photo for a report, so perfect chance for me to do it with my own camera

monkeyjoe

What changes in December what have I missed? They going to X as well.

Opps just saw the post.

Gareth

With names on the new PB platinums (so far) being the same as the E400's they will replace, I wonder if this means they will be going to another garage rather than just being used to replace older PB vehicles directly.

CL

Quote from: John on October 10, 2016, 07:16:34 PM
They are route branded already, silver but as you said, similar to the Walsall buses. They are not having route numbers on the branding until the changes in December
Even if they had, 902 will become the X6? - so not as simple as peeling of '90'.. :P Speaking of which, anyone else concerned that customers on the Sutton end will think it's an express of WA6? Hopefully people won't be so ignorant, but I'm not ruling that idea out...

To be honest, I'm not too fond of the X prefix renumbering, though I do suppose it makes sense - given that they are all express/limited stop services.

EDIT: I've just realised the aforementioned problem of confusing the X6 as an express of WA6 could also apply to services 5/6 in Birmingham City Centre; slightly less likely, as AG5/YW6 shares Moor Street narrowly with the X5/X6

EDIT 2: To avoid confusion, by "narrowly" I mean that the X5/X6 will cross each other's route at Moor Street, when the (X)5/(X)6 leaves/turns onto Albert Street.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

OH25

I saw an E400 (believe it was 4921) that has now been debranded

BK63 YWP

Where are the ex Suttons going to go?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Chris on October 11, 2016, 07:13:29 PM
Where are the ex Suttons going to go?

I've been told West Brom to allow Presidents to be withdrawn. I was told this by a reliable source.

monkeyjoe

I saw a post on fb suggesting the 127/8 are getting them.

Tony

Quote from: Dom on October 11, 2016, 07:39:27 PM
I've been told West Brom to allow Presidents to be withdrawn. I was told this by quite a reliable source.

They're not all going to the same place

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk