News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wessex red buses at Tividale

Started by Ash, July 18, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 20, 2013, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: Ash on July 19, 2013, 11:18:47 PM
It may have just been put into service yesterday due to a vehicle shortage as it didn't have a programmed destination display and was in the wrong livery and would definitely be repainted before entering service with diamond.

Would it?
I think this is still in service at Tividale looking like this, taken in November last year
http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/20602.html

These pair of buses are unusual in this respect as the centros and evolutions etc were all repainted-maybe it is because they are sort of in diamond livery as they wear the connect livery which was previously used in brimingham so maybe they think that there is not as much of a rush to repaint it as with say the park and ride centros as green buses would confuse passengers!!

Ash

Diamond confuse passengers enough with all there different liveries at least there are only a couple of mpd darts in red diamond livery at Tividale. The mpd darts in the wessex connect livery look a mess and should either be cleaned up and basic diamond fleetnames applied or even better a full repaint.

PM

Quote from: Ash on July 20, 2013, 01:41:10 PM
Diamond confuse passengers enough with all there different liveries at least there are only a couple of mpd darts in red diamond livery at Tividale. The mpd darts in the wessex connect livery look a mess and should either be cleaned up and basic diamond fleetnames applied or even better a full repaint.

To be honest, KX54NKZ needs proper fleetnames on the side as well it looks a bit messy as well-they should just get all the red diamond and black diamond and blue diamond logos off and apply big diamond fleetnames to the whole fleet, especially the cadets if they want to keep them as they look really messy with bits of black diamond fleetnames-it would be better to get one identity and stick to it. The other messy looking buses are the eclipses over at redditch-battered and well in need of a repaint with bits of branding here there and everywhere. I might be alone in this but I really like the new blue livery-nice and bright and cheerful and yes perhaps slightly unimaginative but better than NX and its simplicty may mean that the fleet as a whole looks better presented

Dylan4579

PM

Quote from: dgss1 on July 21, 2013, 09:13:59 PM
They've been added

Thats good then-the fleet will soon start to look a lot lot smarter I am sure. Does anyone have any more information about the eclipses at tividale-are they permanent, where are they for, are they being painted and how many of them are there?

Tony

White Centro on the 16 today, cannot read reg on cameras I am watching

PM

PM

So far then B20WTS, BK13NZM/P have all been seen. Hope to catch one or two of them tomorrow and hopefully get a picture of what could be some of the rarest workings of the year

Ash

I have noticed the red and white darts seem to be kept to the 40/42/43 along with V377/391/svv only, now with the 4 seeing the 52 ex your bus dart, T443/7EBD, W567JVV the eclipses although I haven't seen the 08 reg one on there for ages and normally the cadets that normally stay on the 4 are 30202/5/6/7/13/16/18 are the most common ones on the service.

Liverpool Street

White B7rle on 16. I thought it was that NXWM plain white one but the N/S mirror arm was too small.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: The Rat on July 24, 2013, 10:33:53 AM
White B7rle on 16. I thought it was that NXWM plain white one but the N/S mirror arm was too small.

Got a picture of this this morning. Blue diamond buses I saw were BK13NZP, KX07OOW, B20WTS, a solo, MV54EEV on the 16

KX57OVS, KX57OVV, 30000, AE10CSF and something else I think on the 50

B20WTS and Bk13NZP do look smart. Are there any others about does anyone know? Apparently BK13NZM was seen in the WMs...

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 24, 2013, 06:26:01 PM

Got a picture of this this morning. Blue diamond buses I saw were BK13NZP, KX07OOW, B20WTS, a solo, MV54EEV on the 16

B20WTS and Bk13NZP do look smart. Are there any others about does anyone know? Apparently BK13NZM was seen in the WMs...

NZM was on the 16 as well all day, surprised you didn't notice it. B20WTS doesn't look smart there is accident damage along the side, patched paintwork & general
[/quote]

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2013, 06:42:40 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 24, 2013, 06:26:01 PM

NZM was on the 16 as well all day, surprised you didn't notice it. B20WTS doesn't look smart there is accident damage along the side, patched paintwork & general
[/quote]

Really???? How on earth did I miss it-really wanted a picture of that one as well!!!!!!!  >:( Hope its there tomorrow   I thought B20WTS did look smart I didnt see any accident damage though looking closer at my picture of NZP there is a small bit but to be honest I just ignored it as I thought it was just a blur on my awful rushed photo Do we know how long these buses are here for though?

PM

I went on 30000 on the 50 today. Utterly wasted only 6 passengers. Seriously that route must be hurting operators pockets gbc/dia/nx were all running round mostly empty for most of the day. To be honest, these b7rles are in absolutely stunning condition both internally and externally they could virtually pass as new and are far better than the 002 ones at tividale. Personally, I would transfer these over to tividale to be used on services there which need this capacity and quality. AE10CSF was good as well-must be the 6 cylinder e200 chassis as really smooth and no vibrations and good interior even if legroom a bit tight.

Ash

I was in Stourport and Kidderminster today the 3 and X3 service was not busy at all both Whittles and diamond buses were nearly empty. These transfers have just released some of the older darts and solo's to be used at Tividale may be due to the emission ruling with regards to W905JNF moving.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk