News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fleet changes

Started by Tony, July 02, 2013, 09:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: Winston on July 08, 2013, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: Ash on July 08, 2013, 01:46:48 PM
Diamond blue

Cheers mate  ;)

No probs I was passing on a solo on the 16 and saw it on the other side by the top we got near the bus it pulled off and i couldnt see the reg or fleetnumber because of the hedge on the central reservation, looked very smart though.

winston

Quote from: Ash on July 08, 2013, 02:28:04 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 08, 2013, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: Ash on July 08, 2013, 01:46:48 PM
Diamond blue

Cheers mate  ;)

No probs I was passing on a solo on the 16 and saw it on the other side by the top we got near the bus it pulled off and i couldnt see the reg or fleetnumber because of the hedge on the central reservation, looked very smart though.

Maybe Diamond are going to put up a fight against GRS? Just fell off my chair.......

Ash

The solo I was on which was 30912 a Tividale allocated one was very busy from the city centre to Hamstead and there were a few people on the other buses that past. Also on there was the enviro 200 30929 not sure if this is going to be a permanent transfer now or just on loan. The PVR for the service is 6 and there was at least 5 different types of bus on there but all in the diamond blue livery. All the GRS darts had 1/2 passengers on board only.

PM

Quote from: Ash on July 08, 2013, 03:00:27 PM
The solo I was on which was 30912 a Tividale allocated one was very busy from the city centre to Hamstead and there were a few people on the other buses that past. Also on there was the enviro 200 30929 not sure if this is going to be a permanent transfer now or just on loan. The PVR for the service is 6 and there was at least 5 different types of bus on there but all in the diamond blue livery. All the GRS darts had 1/2 passengers on board only.

I noticed this today too the 16 was doing ok today-GRS/national express pretty much empty and some quite busy looking diamond solos

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 08, 2013, 04:36:37 PM

I noticed this today too the 16 was doing ok today-GRS/national express pretty much empty and some quite busy looking diamond solos

pot luck at time of day, I photographed two 16s today which will both be on the main site later. One of Long Acre's latest Plaxton Centros in a fresh coat of blue paint with 2 passengers, and GRS's latest dart with about 10 on, both on Moor Street, so either could get more on at other city centre stops

Ash

It all comes down to who is in front of who proves that if a GRS dart arrives first passengers get on that if a diamond appears first then they get on that bus. Do the GRS darts have more than about 2 gears they seem to go that slow and they really need a livery as they don't have one and if your not from the area by looking at their buses you wouldn't have a clue where they were going. At least diamond and NXWM look professional both the buses and drivers on the service.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Ash on July 08, 2013, 05:29:16 PM
It all comes down to who is in front of who proves that if a GRS dart arrives first passengers get on that if a diamond appears first then they get on that bus. Do the GRS darts have more than about 2 gears they seem to go that slow and they really need a livery as they don't have one and if your not from the area by looking at their buses you wouldn't have a clue where they were going. At least diamond and NXWM look professional both the buses and drivers on the service.

I have to disagree, diamond have yet again failed to paint the top of the bus! so blue all round and green on top, doesn't look right!
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on July 08, 2013, 07:28:42 PM

I have to disagree, diamond have yet again failed to paint the top of the bus! so blue all round and green on top, doesn't look right!

Yeah but who sees the top of the bus?? Other than if you're on a decker behind-which some will be as hopefully the diamond will be in front-what difference does it really make. Anyone got a picture of this on the 16 as I didnt see it on there today-I saw the enviro200, OVS, couple of solos and that was pretty much it

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2013, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 08, 2013, 04:36:37 PM

pot luck at time of day, I photographed two 16s today which will both be on the main site later. One of Long Acre's latest Plaxton Centros in a fresh coat of blue paint with 2 passengers, and GRS's latest dart with about 10 on, both on Moor Street, so either could get more on at other city centre stops

Absolutely right. Spot observations/checks can be really inaccurate/misleading-best to do passenger counts over the whole day cos it does depend. Or, if you really want to know how a route is doing, you can check the driver report produced on wayfarers

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 08, 2013, 08:05:43 PM
Quote from: dannygill on July 08, 2013, 07:28:42 PM

http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/30000.html

Yeah but who sees the top of the bus?? Other than if you're on a decker behind-which some will be as hopefully the diamond will be in front-what difference does it really make. Anyone got a picture of this on the 16 as I didnt see it on there today-I saw the enviro200, OVS, couple of solos and that was pretty much it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk