News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Fleet changes

Started by Tony, July 02, 2013, 09:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

For me the logical step would be to put the new eclipses on the 002 and some of the old ones if needed (don't know the pvr), if there are any remaining older ones to Redditch and bring the centros off the 002 and add them to the 2 transferred up from Wessex and put all the centros back on the 4! The 404E doesn't ever seemed to be the same since it lost the centros!!! But I know my logical choice wont happen!

I would like to see Diamond do something with these presidents, I feel they need to up there game against nx with the new 936 service which seems quite well used! and they have to do something with the 50 and 16 before its too late!
campaigning for better transport for all

Dylan4579

Quote from: dannygill on July 03, 2013, 12:25:19 AM
For me the logical step would be to put the new eclipses on the 002 and some of the old ones if needed (don't know the pvr), if there are any remaining older ones to Redditch and bring the centros off the 002 and add them to the 2 transferred up from Wessex and put all the centros back on the 4! The 404E doesn't ever seemed to be the same since it lost the centros!!! But I know my logical choice wont happen!

I would like to see Diamond do something with these presidents, I feel they need to up there game against nx with the new 936 service which seems quite well used! and they have to do something with the 50 and 16 before its too late!
The 226 is getting upgraded with the better bus scheme money!

nitromatt1

Quote from: dannygill on July 03, 2013, 12:25:19 AM

Pretty sure the PVR of the 002 is 6.

Ash

Yeah the 002 has a PVR of 6
The 4/4H/4M has a PVR of 15 so 8 centro's won't go that far similar to the b7rle's that are now on it.

bwsau cymru

just a shame all round really! they could do with placing an order for  good 30-40 vehicles (and actually keeping them and not selling them) and spread them around rotala! I think they need to assess were they aren't performing so well and focus on that, but not to loose sight of where they do well! if they don't be careful I can see them coming off the 56!

winston

Quote from: dannygill on July 04, 2013, 04:37:23 PM
just a shame all round really! they could do with placing an order for  good 30-40 vehicles (and actually keeping them and not selling them) and spread them around rotala! I think they need to assess were they aren't performing so well and focus on that, but not to loose sight of where they do well! if they don't be careful I can see them coming off the 56!

And the 16 & 50, if I was Hanson's I would have seriously considered launching on Diamonds 002

Ash

Lets say Rotala find that diamond is not profitable and so they close the diamond business down and move their vehicles elsewhere, wouldn't this no effect NXWM as there is virtually no competition it would become a monopoly and I'm sure the transport commission or whatever there called that are looking into Redditch will have some involvement if this was to ever happen. At the end of the day competition is good especially where the two buses make profit and offer returns like diamond did and NXWM copied having no diamond would mean goodbye to the returns (it would look bad for NXWM if they got rid of the returns on the 37 so they haven't for publicity). It would be a gamble for Hanson's to operate the 002 it would mean needing 6 vehicles probably newer than the centro's and taking on a company where most people probably have weekly/monthly passes for the double 'o' 2.

vinh1000

Quote from: Winston on July 04, 2013, 04:39:56 PM

And the 16 & 50, if I was Hanson's I would have seriously considered launching on Diamonds 002
They should maybe operate evenings and Sunday service (Sunday service duely needed)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

bwsau cymru

Quote from: vinh1000 on July 04, 2013, 08:03:50 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 04, 2013, 04:39:56 PM

They should maybe operate evenings and Sunday service (Sunday service duely needed)

Very good point! Sunday service I think would be very good as its going to a shopping outlet! Evening service I think should maybe tie in with late night shopping hours! the 002 service I think is something the really do need to focus on being consistent and upgrading regular as its very popular and has to be a great earner for them!
One thing I do think does need doing is the centros need a good deep clean, the plastic on the ceiling is very dirty!

Ash

The 301 leaving Walsall this evening at around 10pm had 1 passenger, the 4 service did better in the evening and got withdrawn and was even better when it was the 404E.

BU07 LGO

Any news on the Gemini that was seen on the 16 a few times?

Ash

One of the transferred centros on the 16 today

winston

Quote from: Ash on July 08, 2013, 01:17:43 PM
One of the transferred centros on the 16 today

In Diamond blue or still in remnants of Wessex livery?

Ash

winston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk