News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

4 services

Started by PM, June 12, 2013, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 16, 2020, 04:04:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, why are you against?

Diamond have a good history for quicker journey times, and if I'm honest clientele of nx buses is disgusting

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 04:12:06 PM
Diamond have a good history for quicker journey times, and if I'm honest clientele of nx buses is disgusting

Just check the timetable. The journey times are almost identical, unless you are accusing Diamond drivers of running early

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 04:23:59 PM
Just check the timetable. The journey times are almost identical, unless you are accusing Diamond drivers of running early
The journey times are identical but there is less dwell time at the stops on Diamond Bus 4H between Blackheath & Oldbury compered with NXWM

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 04:23:59 PM

Yh and nx are always late because of it

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 04:55:17 PM
Yh and nx are always late because of it

You do post some crap.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 05:06:24 PM
You do post some crap.
There must be something in the water here in Halesowen on the 4H bearing in mind my useless comments too............................

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 05:06:24 PM
You do post some crap.

I used the service regularly prior to lockdown 4H usually 5-10 minutes late by the time it got to Hayley green.

And NX clientele are disgusting on the 4 corridor

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 06:14:38 PM
And NX clientele are disgusting on the 4 corridor
What do you mean by that?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on July 16, 2020, 06:16:01 PM
What do you mean by that?

Playing loud music, chav central, then you got the mothers with kids she can't control. It's like a zoo

Pat

I also use the 4 corridor, although not as regularly as others.  Usually once or twice a month.  I find that the journeys I use on NX, there is indeed more stand time, often sitting in Blackheath for 3-4 minutes whereas there's next to none with Diamond.

I also find that the NX journeys are much busier than Diamonds with almost every seat taken.  Usually a standing load between West Brom and Oldbury.  I can easily have a row of seats to myself on a Diamond journey.

Diamond's clientele are mostly pass users.

I personally would support a partnership on this route.  I can't see how it would be complicated either.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 06:24:27 PM
Playing loud music, chav central, then you got the mothers with kids she can't control. It's like a zoo

Well as they are on your bus service I presume they are the people you live with, as I cannot believe may people make 'pleasure journies' to Hayley Green

Nearly all bus routes esp main corridors have the issues with anti social behaviour. NX carry a higher volume of passengers so you are bound to encounter more annoying passengers and as their daysavers are easier to get away with using once expired the more chavvy elements are going to be trying their luck on a NX bus thus increasing the chances of being exposed to (for the lack of a better description) more dickheads. You can't blame the drivers or the company really it is just the sad society we currently live in.
it's been a while....

Tony

Both companies timetable their services to take 64 minutes from Walsall to Hayley Green at the moment.

The breakdown of the timetables is
Walsall - West Bromwich NXWM 25min + 3 min in West Bromwhich; Diamond 25min + 2 min in West Bromwich
West Bromwich - Halesowen NXWM 29min; Diamond 28 min
Halesowen-Hayley Green NXWM 7 min; Diamond 9min

Today only one NXWM bus (4365 at 13:41 at Hayley Green 8 minutes late) was outside the guidance of no more than 1 min early, 5 min late and even that bus arrived back in Walsall only 1 minute late.

So I would imagine there was absolutely no difference in speed between the two companys

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 16, 2020, 06:26:46 PM
I also use the 4 corridor, although not as regularly as others.  Usually once or twice a month.  I find that the journeys I use on NX, there is indeed more stand time, often sitting in Blackheath for 3-4 minutes whereas there's next to none with Diamond.

I also find that the NX journeys are much busier than Diamonds with almost every seat taken.  Usually a standing load between West Brom and Oldbury.  I can easily have a row of seats to myself on a Diamond journey.

Diamond's clientele are mostly pass users.

I personally would support a partnership on this route.  I can't see how it would be complicated either.
Well @Pat the major complication that could not be overcome is the two companies operate completely different routes for a start on the 4M & 4H we have yet to find a way to overcome this

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 06:40:36 PM
Both companies timetable their services to take 64 minutes from Walsall to Hayley Green at the moment.

The breakdown of the timetables is
Walsall - West Bromwich NXWM 25min + 3 min in West Bromwhich; Diamond 25min + 2 min in West Bromwich
West Bromwich - Halesowen NXWM 29min; Diamond 28 min
Halesowen-Hayley Green NXWM 7 min; Diamond 9min

Today only one NXWM bus (4365 at 13:41 at Hayley Green 8 minutes late) was outside the guidance of no more than 1 min early, 5 min late and even that bus arrived back in Walsall only 1 minute late.

So I would imagine there was absolutely no difference in speed between the two companys
There is a major difference @Tony  between the two companies from my experience  Diamond appear to arrive into Halesowen & Oldbury early before departing at the timetable time if you used the 4H as regularly as I do you would be well aware that Diamond carry more passengers between Hayley Green & Blackheath due to its much lower fares as NXWM runs so much less frequently while NXWM carry more passengers between Blackheath & West Bromwich between West Bromwich & Walsall about even perhaps NXWM carry more but on a higher frequency while between Blackheath & Merry Hill NXWM clearly has the majority of passengers on the 4M!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk