News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Changes to Bradford Place

Started by SMK, April 18, 2013, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMK

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/bradford_place/bradford_place.aspx

"We are making changes to the bus interchange at Bradford Place in Walsall.
Work will take place between Thursday 25 April and Sunday 28 April 2013 inclusive to reduce the number of stands from five stands to four stands on the Saddlers Centre side.
The reduction of stands will give more space for buses to pull into their stands giving better access for customers.
The changes should also help with congestion at Bradford Place, making it easier for buses to move within the area more easily. "

Lets hope this actually alleviates the congestion (that occurs there so frequently) unlike the improvements/changes they implemented last time.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Ash

Diamond and NXWM will be using shared stands S and T how will that work. Which ever stand is free the bus will just pull up in that stand. Most of the time there is at least 2 NXWM buses service 4 buses in Bradford place which will cause arguments between the operators but could increase passenger numbers for diamond as currently the NXWM stand is closest to the shops so people  just generally jump on that bus unless they have a diamond pass.

SMK

It wouldn't surprise me if allegations of stand-hogging start up with that shared stand plan combined with the reduction of the number of stands.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

nitromatt1

This sounds to me like it will worsen the congestion, not improve it! The congestion is bad enough as it is ::)

JackC

I see the 311/313 are moving back over the other side. Been a while since it was over there. Not massively thrilled with them being temporarily moved so far away though.  ::)

SMK

Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 18, 2013, 09:19:45 PM
This sounds to me like it will worsen the congestion, not improve it!
That's exactly what I'm thinking.
TBH I think Bradford Place needs an entire rethink.

JackC

Quote from: SMK on April 18, 2013, 11:02:05 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 18, 2013, 09:19:45 PM
This sounds to me like it will worsen the congestion, not improve it!
That's exactly what I'm thinking.
TBH I think Bradford Place needs an entire rethink.

The biggest problem is the lack of space. There's not enough space to do much with .

Kevin

Biggest problem id say is actually the retail park next to Bradford place and the associated traffic that always reduces the approach to a less than walking pace
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ash

What also does not help is the amount of operators and buses on the Walsall to Darlaston corridor all fighting to get the stand blocking buses trying to get past.

tom_h

This has been.. as usual handled very poorly. Only a few staff were on hand this morning to direct people who had no clue...

notepanel

According to the NWM website the works have been finished.

Therefore, Bradford Place will reopen on Saturday - but with buses using the old stands, before changing to the new arrangements on Sunday.

SMK

Have the changes decreased the amount of congestion?

John

Quote from: SMK on April 29, 2013, 08:17:03 PM

No not really

SMK

Quote from: John on April 29, 2013, 08:17:54 PM

No not really
That doesn't surprise me >_>

John

Quote from: SMK on April 29, 2013, 11:08:34 PM
Quote from: John on April 29, 2013, 08:17:54 PM

No not really
That doesn't surprise me >_>

Its the 4 stop at the far end that the worst. When there is a bus on each 4 stand, and a third behind, nothing can get into Bradford Place, buses are stick on the road, and with the 34/38/39 stop at the Saddlers Centre end of that row, there is always a bus on stand, which makes it very hard for an Arriva bus or Thandi bus on the 9/334 to get off stand behind.

The 3 stops are better than before, the old 4 stops.

I think the 4 would have been better with sharing the 2 stops at the opposite end to where they are now, and the 9/334 where the overflow 4 stop is. This would mean that there is not a bus on stand all the time unlike the 4, so other buses can at least get into Bradford Place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk