News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Oft inviting comment on Diamonds RH & KR acqusition

Started by winston, April 18, 2013, 12:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

People moaned about the Preston Bus operation when Rotala took over it from Stagecoach now reading the route one magazine article this week they can't praise enough what rotala has achieved in such a short amount of time and it actually reveals how bad of a state it was when Rotala took over Preston Bus. I'm sure the same will follow with Redditch and Kidderminster given time.

http://www.route-one.net/issues/483/index.html#/1/

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 19, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
Quote from: Ash on April 19, 2013, 11:32:05 PM
I suppose until diamond get the all clear about their operations in Redditch and Kidderminster it will remain like this until the timetables can be changed and amended to resolve the issues that I'm 100% sure diamond know about but at the moment have little choice in terms of investment in double deckers or increasing the number of vehicles on services until the go ahead is given.

I couldnt agree more poor Diamond cant do right for doing wrong which is unfair.

It hasn't yet to been decided if the Oft are even going to investigate, that decision will largely depend on what if any complaints/concerns are made/raised, by who & why?

Diamond can still make changes to improve the current services provided, but they now have to seek concent from the Oft before implementing any changes. What they can't do is cut any overlapping services any further or proceed any further with merging the two businesses. They could still draft in spare buses from within Diamond to increase capacity, approx 10 will be surplus once all the B7RLE's enter service at Tividale

tank90

Its not just buses in some cases tho Winston its the lack of drivers too. if they could get more buses and drivers theyll be laughing to the bank thats why they ve changed the number of vehicals allowed at plymouth RD so they could laugh to the bank and the same with kidder.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 20, 2013, 12:02:37 AM
Its not just buses in some cases tho Winston its the lack of drivers too. if they could get more buses and drivers theyll be laughing to the bank thats why they ve changed the number of vehicals allowed at plymouth RD so they could laugh to the bank and the same with kidder.

Judging by some of the recent comments on FB, they need to loose some of the drivers they have got at present

Ash

I have never really had any problem with any of the drivers at Tividale or Long Acre and the comments on facebook are all one side of the story it doesn't say exactly how the passenger reacted just apparently how the driver did and whatever the driver has said is probably blown out of proportion to get the passengers point across on facebook.

winston

Quote from: Ash on April 20, 2013, 12:09:43 AM
I have never really had any problem with any of the drivers at Tividale or Long Acre and the comments on facebook are all one side of the story it doesn't say exactly how the passenger reacted just apparently how the driver did and whatever the driver has said is probably blown out of proportion to get the passengers point across on facebook.

The comments are currently all in relation to Redditch

tank90

Errrm there are some drivers (ex Red/Black Diamond) who could do with being a little more fermer with passageners as in tell people to move down the bus. Some of Firsts are and have been grumpy for years, I mean the ex MRW/FMR drivers I know by name are the types of drivers who are kind and nothing is ever to much unless you start taking the micheal then they get alittle angry.
Some times people who complain on FB over egg what has happened, and dont tell the hole story they miss out major details. Its like Thursday I could have complained about a driver if i had wanted to, but I couldnt see the point as he wasnt to blame totally he could have told the kids at the front of the bus to move down abit but that was up to him.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Quote from: Winston on April 20, 2013, 12:20:32 AM
Quote from: Ash on April 20, 2013, 12:09:43 AM

The comments are currently all in relation to Redditch

Yeah and also mainly about the 57/58 service. Never used the diamond services in Redditch or Kidderminster but in my opinion the facebook wall is not the appropriate place to leave comments like some people have been.

tank90

Some are just tit for tat, what it is the people on the 57 58 have gotten so used to just balling out and a bus not being that far off, where as the rest of Redditch know a timetable is a fairy tale. Even Worcestershire County Council have turned off there Departure board in the Bus Station.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 20, 2013, 12:30:11 AM
Some are just tit for tat, what it is the people on the 57 58 have gotten so used to just balling out and a bus not being that far off, where as the rest of Redditch know a timetable is a fairy tale. Even Worcestershire County Council have turned off there Departure board in the Bus Station.

I've noticed that the majority of complaints relate to the 57/58, I guess they are Redditch's main/high frequency services though

tank90

only beacuse it covers a good half of the town, but all services at peak times for each service can be packed I've seen a 70 with a Volvo 7blre with all seats taken and people standing its the fact Redditch is if you like a City Town in that is very unpredictable and at times you can get tumble weed but if spread out it would be a steady flow.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk