News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First in big trouble

Started by tank90, March 29, 2013, 12:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
First throw several thousand pounds away every year. A good example is fleetnumber 61353 (L206 KSX) a driver trainer at Oldham, retaxed for 12 months in January this year (£220), sold to PVS for scrap in February this year without claiming the unused VED back. so £200 wasted.

I could find you a couple of hundred vehicles First have done that with recently, some were even retaxed after they were last used at £400!

Not to mention the money they could be raising selling on their unwanted vehicles for further use instead of scrapping them

CRP2012

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
First throw several thousand pounds away every year. A good example is fleetnumber 61353 (L206 KSX) a driver trainer at Oldham, retaxed for 12 months in January this year (£220), sold to PVS for scrap in February this year without claiming the unused VED back. so £200 wasted.

I could find you a couple of hundred vehicles First have done that with recently, some were even retaxed after they were last used at £400!

another thing is that firstbus seem to like Repainting buses to them in storage (they did them with Leeds Fusions a few year ago & more recently with Alexander Royale`s) plus a few buses have been repainted into Barbie Livery still.Another thing (i know this sounds like nit-picking) but with the new livery,why have the "cared for by..." stickers,i mean most of the general public dont realy care & they still carry normal Legal Lettering.Say it costs £5 per sticker & a bus moves round 5 times in a year,thats £25 just on small stickers for 1 bus!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk