News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

is it change for De courcey

Started by bwsau cymru, March 28, 2013, 08:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

has anyone herd anything about De courcey selling up, I have herd that this may be possible and that arriva and first are interested?
campaigning for better transport for all

nitromatt1

Guess that would mean the end for the remaining Metrobuses there

PM

I would have thought that stagecoach would be extremely interested if this rumour is true?!

bwsau cymru

lets hope not!! would be a great shame to loose another independent operator and a good one too!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Valandil

I very much hope that De Courcey continue strong and keep expanding their network, as they made plans to do.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Valandil on March 28, 2013, 10:09:37 PM
I very much hope that De Courcey continue strong and keep expanding their network, as they made plans to do.
They are recruiting https://www.traveldecourcey.com/news/article/36/do_you_have_what_it_takes

Sandy Lane

Bus operation seems very quiet these days. Dont appear to introduce new services like they used to do? Got a new depot though.
I wonder what the future holds?
- is the single deck fleet to be renewed soon?
- by 2021 bus location data will be required.
- sold off? Possibly Stagecoach? possibly Diamond? Possibly NXC?
- carry on as is?

Busboy105

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 01, 2020, 02:24:07 PM
Bus operation seems very quiet these days. Dont appear to introduce new services like they used to do? Got a new depot though.
I wonder what the future holds?
- is the single deck fleet to be renewed soon?
- by 2021 bus location data will be required.
- sold off? Possibly Stagecoach? possibly Diamond? Possibly NXC?
- carry on as is?
Considering how many decent small bus companies have gone in the last 5 years, TDC could be bought(Most likely by Rotala. They've already bought Central Buses, Hanson's Local Bus and taken the majority of ex WM Arriva routes.)

winston

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 01, 2020, 02:29:00 PM
Considering how many decent small bus companies have gone in the last 5 years, TDC could be bought(Most likely by Rotala. They've already bought Central Buses, Hanson's Local Bus and taken the majority of ex WM Arriva routes.)

There isn't that much to buy, a lot of their remaining bus work is made up of schools & contracts, plus Rotala aren't really interested in operating NX coaches.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 01, 2020, 03:35:47 PM
There isn't that much to buy, a lot of their remaining bus work is made up of schools & contracts, plus Rotala aren't really interested in operating NX coaches.
The Birmingham Coach Company Ltd had a good bash at NX contracts and took on the London Liner but I agree I cant see it as fit with the current Diamond Bus either unless Simon has other thoughts.

winston

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 01, 2020, 03:47:21 PM
The Birmingham Coach Company Ltd had a good bash at NX contracts and took on the London Liner but I agree I cant see it as fit with the current Diamond Bus either unless Simon has other thoughts.

Don't forget that Rotala under Flights Hallmark have operated NX coaches since BCC, however, the contract was terminated early by NX & Rotala subsequently took NX Coaches to Court.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 01, 2020, 04:40:38 PM
Don't forget that Rotala under Flights Hallmark have operated NX coaches since BCC, however, the contract was terminated early by NX & Rotala subsequently took NX Coaches to Court.
Yes I fully agree @Winston life is never dull at The Birmingham Coach Company Ltd/Diamond Bus Ltd is it but given the current profit margins for a NX contractor I would be surprised if Rotala was currently interested in this line of work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk