News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus with Tables?

Started by vinh1000, March 13, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

First time I have ever seen one of these in my life  :o

Preston Bus V542 ESC trident seems to have arrived was on the 146 earlier this morning (still has preston bus stuff inside bus but outside livery is diamond bus in blue - repaint obv)

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

winston

Quote from: vinh1000 on March 13, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

Preston Bus V542 ESC was on the 146 earlier this morning (still has preston bus stuff inside bus but outside livery is diamond bus in blue)

Do you mean fold down tables on seat back in front (as airlines)? or full tables between seats?

vinh1000

Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2013, 10:26:42 AM

Preston Bus V542 ESC was on the 146 earlier this morning (still has preston bus stuff inside bus but outside livery is diamond bus in blue)

Do you mean fold down tables on seat back in front (as airlines)? or full tables between seats?
They are full on tables not foldable
Seating capacity downstairs is only 26 odd i believe

Manual:

winston

Quote from: vinh1000 on March 13, 2013, 10:29:15 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2013, 10:26:42 AM

They are full on tables not foldable
Seating capacity downstairs is only 26 odd i believe

Just seen your picture, thanks for that! Yes definitely not the norm.

Think I've found our why, they originally were used on Lothian's 100 Airport express service

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77000628@N02/8267483856/

Sh4318

They look quite comfortable to be honest, could they not be taken out and seats put in their place
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

vinh1000

Manual:

tank90

They are comfortable well the back sets are any way, also they sound ok for there age too.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

I noticed people on facebook still complaining about the capacity problems I'm guessing maybe on service 57/58. Do the b7rle still get used on these service or is it centro's and the mcv evolution or are double deckers making appearances. With all the extra full length darts parked up at Tividale surely some of these could be put into service to replace the solo's and mpd's for a while to get things sorted out.

PM

I went to Redditch today so here are my observations. Deckers on 143 coping fine, deckers on 146 and darts on X3 which were all coping well. Also, the evolution was on the 51 and on the rest were plenty of deckers, darts, few centros and eclipses plus enviros-all coping well and no capacity issues. Yes, buses were all busy but certainly not rammed and buses were regular on the Matchborough's and weren't bunching. Drivers were polite, buses clean, destinations displayed and no ticket machine issues. Honestly, I think people just wanted to have a moan when diamond took over but from what I can see they are doing a very good job. Information on stops in the bus station was the best i've ever seen it. Full credit to diamond-I'm a fussy customer but honestly I came away very pleased with what I saw and I think diamond certainly deserve to do well in Redditch

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on March 16, 2013, 07:01:16 PM
I went to Redditch today so here are my observations. Deckers on 143 coping fine, deckers on 146 and darts on X3 which were all coping well. Also, the evolution was on the 51 and on the rest were plenty of deckers, darts, few centros and eclipses plus enviros-all coping well and no capacity issues. Yes, buses were all busy but certainly not rammed and buses were regular on the Matchborough's and weren't bunching. Drivers were polite, buses clean, destinations displayed and no ticket machine issues. Honestly, I think people just wanted to have a moan when diamond took over but from what I can see they are doing a very good job. Information on stops in the bus station was the best i've ever seen it. Full credit to diamond-I'm a fussy customer but honestly I came away very pleased with what I saw and I think diamond certainly deserve to do well in Redditch

Good to hear, I mean I don't go to Redditch or Kidderminster but maybe the passenger numbers rise considerably weekdays compared to weekends hence the alleged capacity issues people are complaining about.

PM

Quote from: Ash on March 16, 2013, 07:03:51 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on March 16, 2013, 07:01:16 PM

Good to hear, I mean I don't go to Redditch or Kidderminster but maybe the passenger numbers rise considerably weekdays compared to weekends hence the alleged capacity issues people are complaining about.

Quite possibly Ash but I think the capacity issue may have been partly solved by the arrival of more preston deckers which are EXTREMELY SMART and I think the capacity issues were caused more by buses not being out in service/bunching which certainly wasn't happening today-buses were busy but coping fine. Certainly I can see what rotala mean when they say they are looking at how many deckers are needed-it is extremely difficult to tell!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk