News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

new all operator tickets in worcestershire

Started by Cedric, March 23, 2013, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

the link below is about new all operator ticket system  being launched on 2/4/13 in Worcestershire
by WCC
http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/bus/multi-operator-ticketing.aspx
diamond 8\10/125/292

bwsau cymru

campaigning for better transport for all

D10

Quote from: dannygill on March 23, 2013, 09:12:54 PM
Seems a good idea!

Yes, especially as First Wyvern tickets aren't as much use as they were since the sell off.

vinh1000

The redditch Connect a looks good but diamond town ticket is £1.80 for roughly the same area covered mm
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

bwsau cymru

tank90

Quote from: dannygill on March 24, 2013, 12:34:01 PM
Yes but im sure that will change shortly
Are you implying that Diamond are planning a fare rise?
Or another company is going to move into town?
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

Why   do you think it  will change ?  are you just  on about the Redditch  one ?
diamond 8\10/125/292

bwsau cymru

I cannot see Rotala keeping a day ticket at £1.80 with the aquirsion of the First group operations. Diamond have a much larger network in the area and apart from in Kidderminster where you have whittle to compete with rotala are now free to charge what ever they want. I personally imagine that the fare structure will increase to similar to that what we have in the west mid opps, anymore and I think would be a bad thing to do.

Fares in Kidderminster need to be equal to that of whitle I think really for competition.

Cedric

think  whittles fares where cheaper than first, so if diamond have kept the first fare structure in Kidderminster  they might need  bring them down a bit  not 100% sure  , has I have a oap pass
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

With all the problems diamond are having in Redditch and Kidderminster and complaints at the moment if sensible the last thing they would do is increase the fares.

tank90

Quote from: dannygill on March 24, 2013, 11:04:18 PM
I cannot see Rotala keeping a day ticket at £1.80 with the aquirsion of the First group operations. Diamond have a much larger network in the area and apart from in Kidderminster where you have whittle to compete with rotala are now free to charge what ever they want. I personally imagine that the fare structure will increase to similar to that what we have in the west mid opps, anymore and I think would be a bad thing to do.

Fares in Kidderminster need to be equal to that of whitle I think really for competition.

Erm if diamond go more expensive they will loss costum also Redditch isn't like the rest of Worcestershire or West Mids as it is just wierd and has its own way of working with not alot of money. The only way it will go up is if the price of fuel rockets up to much.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Dylan4579

Quote from: Ash on March 25, 2013, 12:39:59 AM

With all the problems diamond are having in Redditch and Kidderminster and complaints at the moment if sensible the last thing they would do is increase the fares.
There is a fb petiton to get diamond to improve services

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on March 25, 2013, 12:39:59 AM
Yes but I'm sure that will change shortly

what problems in Kidderminster ? and complaints are no worse than when first where here, main complaints is to enough big buses
diamond 8\10/125/292

bwsau cymru

They are in worcestershire!! Ok the buses might not be brand new but look they are a lot better than first was running. Diamond I honestly berlieve is a good think for worcestershire hopefully they may even take on worcester depot some day!!

Cedric

Quote from: dannygill on March 25, 2013, 11:33:16 AM
They are in worcestershire!! Ok the buses might not be brand new but look they are a lot better than first was running. Diamond I honestly berlieve is a good think for worcestershire hopefully they may even take on worcester depot some day!!
I agree with you  fully.  and as  for Worcester depot one never knows we could be in for a supprize one day
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk