News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Preston Bus Tridents at Cannock

Started by 888DUK, March 08, 2013, 08:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

888DUK

Drove passed three Preston Bus Tridents parked up in a lay by on the eastbound A5 at Cannock yesterday afternoon. Drivers appeared to be taking a break. They were all "V" plates. Anyone know if they were heading for anywhere around here?

the trainbasher

Could it be either Long Acre, Tividale or for a out of the box answer Redditch (if Redditch for further services)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: trainbasher on March 08, 2013, 10:48:58 AM
Could it be either Long Acre, Tividale or for a out of the box answer Redditch (if Redditch for further services)

I suspect you're right, as they could well be part of the 10 x Trident/Presidents that Rotala are currently advertising for sale

888DUK

Dylan4579

Quote from: Winston on March 08, 2013, 10:53:36 AM

I suspect you're right, as they could well be part of the 10 x Trident/Presidents that Rotala are currently advertising for sale
What? Rotala are in no postion to sell thoose buses, transfer the preisdents to the 4/H/M and the tridents can go on town routes

Ash

The 4/4M/4H don't really need double deckers as the service is every 6 minutes anyway they just need newer single deckers a better choice would be either the 002 or the 301 who operate every 15 minutes and every 10 minutes respectively. None of black diamond's services really need double deckers as most of the commercial ones are frequent enough that single deckers cope with the capacity they have to deal with.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 08, 2013, 10:53:36 AM

I would think those are the 10 current;y at Redditch, none were marked on the fleetlist sent to me as due repaint

PM

In that case, do we know what is happening to these preston tridents? Possibly coming into west midlands fleet or sold on, as was the plan. Personally, I think ex lothian tridents at redditch would be nice

PM

On the topic of preston bus, they plan to relocate from deepdale road according to this month's buses and also buses says on the topic of the hybrids "four similar buses originally for wessex connect are coming here instead" Looks like preston will have even more hybrids then hopefully meaning rotala could cascade some decent used stock to redditch

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on March 08, 2013, 06:32:57 PM
In that case, do we know what is happening to these preston tridents? Possibly coming into west midlands fleet or sold on, as was the plan. Personally, I think ex lothian tridents at redditch would be nice

The ex Lothian Tridents are probably in much better condition than the ex First London ones.

Makes you wonder what Rotala/Diamond are planning to use in Redditch with the 3 x Enviro 300's & possibly all 10 x Trident Plaxton being for sale, that will be most if not all of the ex First larger capacity vehicles going with the Lances also due for withdrawal.

tank90

I hate to say it but #i dont think Rotala have any idea what they have got them selves into with buying Redditch and Kidderminster. I say that as they seem to think Darts are better than 3 enviro 300's which is bonkers.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 08, 2013, 07:29:39 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on March 08, 2013, 06:32:57 PM

The ex Lothian Tridents are probably in much better condition than the ex First London ones.

Makes you wonder what Rotala/Diamond are planning to use in Redditch with the 3 x Enviro 300's & possibly all 10 x Trident Plaxton being for sale, that will be most if not all of the ex First larger capacity vehicles going with the Lances also due for withdrawal.

Anything from Lothian you're right Winston will be in good nick as they look after their buses-will ex london tridents that have since been battered around by first all over the place match up? Rotala are really going to have a bus shortage if all this is sold

PM

Quote from: tank90 on March 08, 2013, 07:41:22 PM
I hate to say it but #i dont think Rotala have any idea what they have got them selves into with buying Redditch and Kidderminster. I say that as they seem to think Darts are better than 3 enviro 300's which is bonkers.

Again I agree. Particularly the solos-darts are quite good but why on earth did they buy these solos. As has been pointed out before-solos are for tendered routes, not routes that need full size single decks. Yes, some may have 33 seats but they are minibuses, at the end of the day

StourportSam

Quote from: Peter123 on March 08, 2013, 07:58:57 PM

Again I agree. Particularly the solos-darts are quite good but why on earth did they buy these solos. As has been pointed out before-solos are for tendered routes, not routes that need full size single decks. Yes, some may have 33 seats but they are minibuses, at the end of the day

It's made me cringe this week seeing the solos in Kidderminster! I seem to remember First trying them in 2011/12 and not being very popular at all...

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on March 08, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on March 08, 2013, 07:58:57 PM

It's made me cringe this week seeing the solos in Kidderminster! I seem to remember First trying them in 2011/12 and not being very popular at all...

Why on earth are rotala doing it??? If you have popular routes, put bigger buses on and make them more popular dont hamper their success by using small buses and driving people away

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk