News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cov Outer Circle

Started by Kevin, March 07, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 04, 2013, 07:05:35 PM
I thought both PRN/PRS were going apologies

No worries Nathan, the PRN was not been used so it was axed as the PRS was used more, hence the Electric Versas brought for it.

JoNi

l've seen the debranded PRN bus on the PRS. lts roof is still green from when it was a PRS bus before electric buses arrived as PRN branding was on sides.

nitromatt1

Quote from: JoNi on September 04, 2013, 11:55:58 PM
l've seen the debranded PRN bus on the PRS. lts roof is still green from when it was a PRS bus before electric buses arrived as PRN branding was on sides.

The PRN bus? Is that for over-18s only?

Solo1

its the park & ride service  open to car drivers & their family

Kevin

Got a week off next week so have every intention of exploring bits of the 360 at some point
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on September 05, 2013, 06:50:09 AM
Got a week off next week so have every intention of exploring bits of the 360 at some point

So today I spent two and a half hours on the same bus and technically only went one stop....
Got on an MCV Evolution (all that time and I didn't even look for the fleetnumber... I am a failure, sorry) on the 360A from Holyhead Road all the way round to the Holyhead Road. When we got to the hospital the driver had to ask where I was going and I'm not gonna lie I felt a bit sheepish saying "all the way round" but I'm used to it by now...
It was really well used, granted for the most part the only people really using it were pensioners, I think over the entire journey only about a dozen people actually bought a ticket... but still, it was good to see. And I have to admit I'm surprised it was on time all the way round, was following the timetable and all the 360Cs we passed were near as makes no odds on time as well.

Might be the longest bus route in Europe now but personal opinion is it ain't got a patch on the 11, mainly because a) The 11 for me will always be known for the pub crawl and b) I don't have a t-shirt with the 360 on it.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Great post Kev, shame about the fleet number.. :P

Now Kev, is there a map of which details the 360 route?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Valandil

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 09, 2013, 05:53:23 PM
is there a map of which details the 360 route?

There's one on the second page of:

And yeah, Kevin, it can sometimes be a bit unnerving being challenged by drivers.
On busy services like Birmigham's 11 you can pretty much guarantee not to be challenged, but you really stick out when you're one of just a few passengers on the vehicle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk