News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cov Outer Circle

Started by Kevin, March 07, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

Sorry that was my mistake, I meant the longest Urban route. I'm not sure on the X4 so couldn't say for sure but I think it might go rural or on a motorway or something?
Just found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-22765280

Stuharris 6360

It was on radio at lunchtime, they are already suggesting that the 11 goes into Northfield to gain the extra mileage to get the title back.

Question is, will the 360 last?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Stagecoach 555 (Keswick - Lancaster) is a long one, usually takes nearly 3 hours - maybe the longest non-express bus service? ;)

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 04, 2013, 06:36:25 PM
It was on radio at lunchtime, they are already suggesting that the 11 goes into Northfield to gain the extra mileage to get the title back.

I think they need to sort out the reliability problems with the 11 they've got atm before making it even worse! :P

nitromatt1

On the radio? What kind of radio station talks about buses? I want more ;D

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 04, 2013, 06:47:39 PM

On the radio? What kind of radio station talks about buses? I want more ;D

Radio WM had an interview about it, may have been on the news & Midlands Today just did a piece on it to.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ilovetea4370

Well if the 360 is a flop, the 11 will get its title back? :D

Kevin

Yeah the key word is "urban", various routes in Scotland I imagine would be a hell of a lot longer but they're not urban routes. I'll be honest its something I never considered about the 360 route, knew it was going to be a beast of a route but didn't think it would rival the 11. I do fear reliability problems with it though, I don't really know what the 801/703/701 etc are like reliability wise at the moment, anyone?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Valandil

Despite tremendous blips to begin with, the 801 seems to have settled down and become relatively reliable.
It seems to be the Eastern Green - University section where it loses the most time though, as it's quite an obscure route with lots of twists and turns.
If there are traffic problems at the hospital, the knock-on effects can be huge, but drivers normally seem to make up time by Warwick University, given the long running time given on that stretch and the five minutes' waiting time given at the university.

The 701 seems to be okay for reliability, with the 703/4 slightly worse.
But then again I don't see them regularly so am not the best guide on that.

By the way, I am surprised that the 360a/c is to be fully commercially operated.
I imagine that there will either be cuts on evenings (especially Sunday evenings) or Centro will have to step in with some funding to keep it going.
Even as it is, the 801 gets very little custom indeed after say 7pm.

Tony

If, as the reports suggest, it is 31.5miles long (50.69km) that means it is a legal requirement that tachographs are used and drivers drive under EU driving hours rules, making it more expensive to operate as well!

Valandil

The 360a/c seems to have got off to an okay start.
It seems to be quite a challenge getting all the way around in 2 hours, but I'm sure things will be a bit easier Mon-Sat.

On tickets, just '360' is shown.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Valandil on June 09, 2013, 06:33:32 PM
The 360a/c seems to have got off to an okay start.
It seems to be quite a challenge getting all the way around in 2 hours, but I'm sure things will be a bit easier Mon-Sat.

On tickets, just '360' is shown.

What Vehicles are used on there?

Valandil

There were 2 Versas on the 360a today and an eVolution vehicle on the 360c.
I'm not sure what the other vehicle was on the 360c, as I didn't bump into it (fair bet it was a Versa though).

I think the general idea is for both routes to be fully Versa-allocated eventually, and I've also heard word that they are to be branded some time in the future.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Valandil on June 09, 2013, 08:16:56 PM
There were 2 Versas on the 360a today and an eVolution vehicle on the 360c.
I'm not sure what the other vehicle was on the 360c, as I didn't bump into it (fair bet it was a Versa though).

I think the general idea is for both routes to be fully Versa-allocated eventually, and I've also heard word that they are to be branded some time in the future.

Probably a silly question, but are Nbus tickets/Daytrippers valid on the routes?

John

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 09, 2013, 09:38:38 PM
Probably a silly question, but are Nbus tickets/Daytrippers valid on the routes?

DeCourcey accept Nbus so yes they would, as the 360 does not leave Coventry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk