News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieDD2

Quote from: Dutsey on June 26, 2017, 10:09:01 AM
Heard a rumor the Pensnett Streetdecks are heading to Dundee, is this correct?

Hope not, we've got 5 Streetlites and they're bad enough!

Cammy7153

According to the management, 3301-3305 are due at the end of the year.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Cammy7153 on June 26, 2017, 09:13:47 PM
According to the management, 3301-3305 are due at the end of the year.

It would make sense for them to go. Will be a sad day though such great solid buses.

Dom

BK63 YWP

Supposedly pensnett might (use the term lightly) get streetdecks for the 9 sending the mmcs else where... would rather have the streetdecks than mmc (personal preference)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Personally, I'm not taking anything as gospel until Tony can confirm it; perhaps we'll know when/if the Streetdecks go in for repaint (into Xplore Dundee livery)?

Nevertheless, it is hard for me to deny the fact that I'd be sad to see them go. Loss of variation among the West Midlands fleet (cue backlash, lol) - though, to be fair, the majority of Dundee's fleet is made up from Wrightbus products, anyway. Thus, I see some validity in @Trident 4194 's comment, @Dom :) Despite this, I really do think it's wonderful that Dundee are getting such younger buses recently, albeit cascades.

In addition to my point before, Dundee has got Eclipse 2s, (WF) Streetlites, and B7TL Geminis, so to have a fleet made up from the products of a single manufacturer would make sense, to me at least. Obviously with the exception of their ADL products; E200s (731-734), and E400Hs (5422-5430) - also, apologies for not keeping up, but have all the Presidents been withdrawn? If not, then they're an exception too. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on June 27, 2017, 12:30:18 AM
Personally, I'm not taking anything as gospel until Tony can confirm it; perhaps we'll know when/if the Streetdecks go in for repaint (into Xplore Dundee livery)?

Nevertheless, it is hard for me to deny the fact that I'd be sad to see them go. Loss of variation among the West Midlands fleet (cue backlash, lol) - though, to be fair, the majority of Dundee's fleet is made up from Wrightbus products, anyway. Thus, I see some validity in @Trident 4194 's comment, @Dom :) Despite this, I really do think it's wonderful that Dundee are getting such younger buses recently, albeit cascades.

In addition to my point before, Dundee has got Eclipse 2s, (WF) Streetlites, and B7TL Geminis, so to have a fleet made up from the products of a single manufacturer would make sense, to me at least. Obviously with the exception of their ADL products; E200s (731-734), and E400Hs (5422-5430) - also, apologies for not keeping up, but have all the Presidents been withdrawn? If not, then they're an exception too. ;)
No all the Presidents in Dundee have not been withdrawn.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

One problem with the streetdecks is the constant beeping noice when the bus has the doors opened. Anyone know why this is? Heard that a couple of PN drivers don't like the streetdecks to drive

DavieDD2

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
One problem with the streetdecks is the constant beeping noice when the bus has the doors opened. Anyone know why this is? Heard that a couple of PN drivers don't like the streetdecks to drive

You should here what the Dundee drivers say about the Streetlites, doesn't sound good for Wright products does it? lol

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
what crap you on about now beeping noise  @pndriver

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on June 27, 2017, 03:37:46 PM
what crap you on about now beeping noise  @pndriver

There's a consant noice when the doors are open.

ARBB

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2017, 03:56:06 PM
There's a consant noice when the doors are open.

Isn't that just your whining about buses being late ?

Trident 4194

Quote from: pndriver on June 27, 2017, 04:56:58 PM
Isn't that just your whining about buses being late ?

You PN drivers need to cheer up

ARBB

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2017, 05:16:11 PM
You PN drivers need to cheer up

:o I'm very cheerful as long as there's no idiots about. How about you @karl724223

j789

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 27, 2017, 03:35:41 PM
You should here what the Dundee drivers say about the Streetlites, doesn't sound good for Wright products does it? lol

I drive both Streetlites and StreetDecks at Worcester and they are completely different buses. The Streetlites are terrible but the StreetDecks are fantastic buses which are lovely to drive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk