News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rail Replacement

Started by Ash, February 10, 2013, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Just saw a diamond royale centro on rail replacement services seen at Tame Bridge Parkway. This is the first time I have seen diamond operate any rail replacement services. Also operating rail replacement are green bus and a PB leather omnilink.

Bob

Seen the diamond one in cannock earlier on RR, ive always wondered how does a single deck bus cope with the loads a chase line train would have?

Ash

At least the passengers get a bit of luxury wooden floors and leather seats, I wondered why there was only 1 centro on the 4M today obviously due to them being used for rail replacement buses. I wonder if the drivers have to have some sort of route training as it's well out the area that diamond normally operate in. Also the PB omnilink was 1844 and the centro was 30825 as it had no fleetnames and had red diamond on the blinds.

Kevin

Quote from: bob on February 10, 2013, 03:10:03 PM
Seen the diamond one in cannock earlier on RR, ive always wondered how does a single deck bus cope with the loads a chase line train would have?

Because when people find out its a replacement bus they suddenly dont want to travel by train presumably
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Makes me wonder who will operate the rail replacement service between Sandwell & Dudley and Wolverhampton over the Easter weekend
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk