News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covlad27

Hilltop has closed and all routes have moved to Wednesfield some of the E200 have gone to Wigston I believe the others are at wednesfield

Nathan4775

Right that explains why all the E200 routes are now operated by Darts, and why I've only seen 2142 ? and wondered were the rest have gone, Why didnt arriva keep the E200's?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

covlad27

I think 2144 to 2150 have gone to Wigston the rest are at Wednesfield

the trainbasher

This got on the 257 tonight!

I am glad I only had a 10 minute ride on it!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Westy

Is there a reason why only some of the red buses have got an ARRIVA name?

Are the ones without supposed to be withdrawn sooner than the rest?

JackC

Quote from: Westy on April 01, 2013, 11:00:34 PM
Is there a reason why only some of the red buses have got an ARRIVA name?

Are the ones without supposed to be withdrawn sooner than the rest?

At a guess, the ones with Arriva names are earmarked for paint and refurb and they are just waiting till they can get some space/time to do it?

John

Nathan4775

Are the EX Red Midland buses still based at Wednesfeild Bus Garage ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on April 14, 2013, 12:15:46 PM
Are the EX Red Midland buses still based at Wednesfeild Bus Garage ?

Most of them, 3 have been transferred out, one Solo to Shrewsbury (2561), and two Solos two Wardles (2551/2)
see http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/index.html for which are still in service and which are 'reserve'

I try to answer most vehicle queries on the main site before people ask

Bob

Im surprised those two Solos went to wardles, the S-FWY one was a shockingly bad bus in a right state. ... surprised it made it up to stoke! Are any of the ex Midland buses going to be withdrawn and replaced? Most of them are pretty naff. Surely the marshall darts have got to be on the way out? And the T-HNH pointers and the Excel

Solo1

which services  now have the envrios on it as they only have 3 for the former HillTop services with dart for the others services

Wolfman

How many East Lancs Dennis Tridents does Arriva Midland have? I've seen shots of the newly painted one but I seen another in full MIDLAND livery.
What happened to free speech?

John

Quote from: Wolfman on April 18, 2013, 03:21:06 PM
How many East Lancs Dennis Tridents does Arriva Midland have? I've seen shots of the newly painted one but I seen another in full MIDLAND livery.

Just the 2. 4851 in Arriva Livery and 4854 in Midland's old red Livery

mranon

4854 is more like a steam engine than a diesel bus. its always receiving attention at the bus station, and sounds like its ready to blow its engine! i know it will take some time, but now midland are under arriva's wing, i though the sight of smokey rattly buses would be dealt with. saw a p reg alx200 on the 10 today, backend black with oil/soot. thought that had been withdrawn by midland before the takeover

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk