News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Unusual Workings

Started by fleetline6477, February 02, 2013, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

KP51SXX also on the 4 and was rammed with people still in the bus stops

PM

Why are they messing up the 4 with small buses-i guess the argument is that it is so frequent but when a 4 is ahead of a nat ex one it can do extremely well. On this route, they need to really make an effort-they need the royale centros on there along with all the new eclipses and the 301 needs the versas. Instead, versas run around empty on the 16 and buses on the 50/301/4 get very busy.

bwsau cymru

as I keep repeating its bad management! The management is wrecking Diamond bus
campaigning for better transport for all

fleetline6477

Quote from: Peter123 on April 25, 2013, 04:04:51 PM
Why are they messing up the 4 with small buses-i guess the argument is that it is so frequent but when a 4 is ahead of a nat ex one it can do extremely well. On this route, they need to really make an effort-they need the royale centros on there along with all the new eclipses and the 301 needs the versas. Instead, versas run around empty on the 16 and buses on the 50/301/4 get very busy.

The Royale Centros are really too long for the 4, they have difficulty turning in out of Caldmore Road into Corporation Street (coming out of Walsall). When used on the 417 they could stuck turning into High Street in Blackheath centre coming back from Halesowen if there was a delivery lorry parked by Greggs and were also known to get stuck in one of the roads up on Hasbury / Hayley Green if cars were parked opposite each other.

Normally when I've seen Hybrids on the 16 they have decent loading which certainly demand that capacity of bus.

PM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 25, 2013, 09:46:25 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on April 25, 2013, 04:04:51 PM

The Royale Centros are really too long for the 4, they have difficulty turning in out of Caldmore Road into Corporation Street (coming out of Walsall). When used on the 417 they could stuck turning into High Street in Blackheath centre coming back from Halesowen if there was a delivery lorry parked by Greggs and were also known to get stuck in one of the roads up on Hasbury / Hayley Green if cars were parked opposite each other.

Normally when I've seen Hybrids on the 16 they have decent loading which certainly demand that capacity of bus.

I haven't seen a full bus on the 16 since GRS came on

Ash

I was on a hybrid on the X30 today 30135

PM

Quote from: Ash on April 25, 2013, 09:52:11 PM
I was on a hybrid on the X30 today 30135

What is the X30-is it a commercial route/contract as I'm always surprised they operate it due to the dead mileage problem

PM

Anyone seen any of the nifty centros recently as only 804 out on the 50 today where there was a rotala revenue inspector

Ash

Its a funded service the funding might come from Ansty business park not sure though it might be centro

JoNi

I think the initial funding came from a firm in the business park who have now moved elsewhere.

Matt.N0056

John

Matt.N0056

Quote from: John on April 27, 2013, 04:45:44 PM
Quote from: neale95 on April 27, 2013, 03:34:54 PM
30923 on the 82

Picture to follow

Quite intersting to hear the passengers reactions to the bus 'this is a posh bus' although they usually have mercs with leather seats!

John

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8685483043/

I'm pretty sure that it was a replacement for one of the Citaros, as I saw them both in Meriden this morning, one had the rear bumper missing, so must have been replaced by this

Nathan4775

Quote from: John on April 27, 2013, 05:21:27 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8685483043/

I'm pretty sure that it was a replacement for one of the Citaros, as I saw them both in Meriden this morning, one had the rear bumper missing, so must have been replaced by this

What does this bus usually cover
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk