News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala take over First Redditch and Kiddiminster

Started by sconehead85, January 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I used to use the 146 every day between 2000-2004. It was a great route and very well used, and quite often almost full. It was very handy when it was increased form every 30mins to every 20. An hourly Sunday service and the last bus from Hopwood to Brum at 10.30pm. Perfect for me finishing work. I'm so glad I don't work in Hopwood anymore with the service how it is now. The walk up Redditch Road to The man on the moon, with no street lighting and limited pavements is not a good walk at night!

CRP2012

Quote from: sonic84 on February 25, 2013, 10:15:02 PM
I wonder what has caused the 146 to become a shadow of its former self.

At one point First were operating it every 20 minutes between Redditch and Birmingham, and it had a healthy peak and evening service too.

Over the years it just seems to have dwindled to a gesture really.  I'm sure it can't be too long before its gone all together.

The Train?

Kevin

Quote from: CRP2012 on February 26, 2013, 08:21:51 AM
Quote from: sonic84 on February 25, 2013, 10:15:02 PM
I wonder what has caused the 146 to become a shadow of its former self.

At one point First were operating it every 20 minutes between Redditch and Birmingham, and it had a healthy peak and evening service too.

Over the years it just seems to have dwindled to a gesture really.  I'm sure it can't be too long before its gone all together.

The Train?

But the train service to Redditch hasnt changed since the 90s, still every half hour.

I reckon Diamond have got a fair chance of developing something with the 143/145/146 heading into the Birmingham area from Redditch and Bromsgrove
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

111 Roughley

I feel the 146 has been badly served. I know the trains and concessionary fares have altered things, but trains aren't as convenient for some people as buses- buses stop in more places. The first 146 bus leaves Redditch 0555 hrs and the next one's 0855 hrs. Then the last bus from Redditch is 1540 hrs (having missed out the 1440 hrs and the return from Brum) and the last bus from Brum is 1635 hrs. This isn't a comprehensive service. Compare the 112 Arriva service to Lichfield- basically every hour through the day, though there are 4 trains an hour on the cross city line to Lichfield and for most of the way National Express are running along the route.  I know there's X50/50A but they are a bit indirect and Redditch is much bigger than Lichfield. Redditch is a big town a few miles away from the second biggest city in the country.

I suspect First in Redditch have been completely distracted by the competition from Diamond.

Cedric

so  after last buses are in Kidderminster & Redditch it good bye from first and hello diamond  at 00.00 am sunday
diamond 8\10/125/292

tank90

Well once the buses from Redditch have left for Worcester and Hereford its Bon vouage From First (f) and Good Morning Diam<>nd; tho I would think that Kidder will be open on Sunday to rebrand and move in buses and remove buses (those they are getting rid of) and I would think a team will be working to get any buses they will need for Service on Sunday rebranded through the night at Redditch as well as any signs to the Garages.
All the blue timetable boxes are empty and I would imagine that they along with the First (f) bus stop flags will be removed tomorrow from around the two Towns and WCC ones put in there place.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

when up by Kidderminster depot all that was in the yard was 42401,42405 ,and the vario which has not moved for years
all  the doors  to the bays  where shut and there has been a start on made  taking the signs down. . heared  something today which surely must be a rumor  that Worcester has now been sold to diamond 
the last first bust leaves Kidderminster at 7.45pm on the no 3
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: bewminster on March 02, 2013, 01:33:13 PM
when up by Kidderminster depot all that was in the yard was 42401,42405 ,and the vario which has not moved for years
all  the doors  to the bays  where shut and there has been a start on made  taking the signs down. . heared  something today which surely must be a rumor  that Worcester has now been sold to diamond 
the last first bust leaves Kidderminster at 7.45pm on the no 3

Is there really a rumour floating round that they have bought Worcester too? Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour?

j789

Dylan4579

Quote from: j789 on March 02, 2013, 10:19:30 PM
Not true!!!
Dam!! Would have been good value for money for all 3 cites a network from woucster to birimgham

winston

Quote from: dgss1 on March 03, 2013, 03:25:57 PM
Quote from: j789 on March 02, 2013, 10:19:30 PM
Not true!!!
Dam!! Would have been good value for money for all 3 cites a network from woucster to birimgham

I doubt Rotala have sufficient funds to be able to buy a profitable operation the size of Worcester even if it were for sale.

Ash

So how has the first weekday of diamond operation in Redditch and Kidderminster gone since the first takeover? Looking at their facebook page people are moaning about late runnings, buses not turning up and being rammed to the doors. Has anyone got any pics they have taken today or any other news regarding this?

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on March 04, 2013, 06:38:54 PM
So how has the first weekday of diamond operation in Redditch and Kidderminster gone since the first takeover? Looking at their facebook page people are moaning about late runnings, buses not turning up and being rammed to the doors. Has anyone got any pics they have taken today or any other news regarding this?
regarding late running drivers where saying they had had no training   on the tick et machines, one bus I went for  was miss out but this was due to someone being sick on it . as for blinds have just posted something in another thread , think it was the one called  146. what  I can not understand was the ex first buses had stickers on on hire to fmr but  the blue diamond ones did not
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk