News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala take over First Redditch and Kiddiminster

Started by sconehead85, January 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sconehead85

According to the fleetlist, the First vehicles LIKELY to be acquired are

10 Dennis Tridents
  2 (of 6) Volvo Citybuses s/e
  1 Volvo Olympian s/e

19 Transbus/ADL E300
   8 Dennis Lance s/e
11 Dennis Dart SLF

Apart from the E300s everything else is pre-2000.

sconehead85

PM

Quote from: sconehead85 on January 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM
According to the fleetlist, the First vehicles LIKELY to be acquired are

10 Dennis Tridents
  2 (of 6) Volvo Citybuses s/e
  1 Volvo Olympian s/e

19 Transbus/ADL E300
   8 Dennis Lance s/e
11 Dennis Dart SLF

Apart from the E300s everything else is pre-2000.

sconehead85

First to go will be the olympian and citybus-they could cascade presidents from preston as these were going to be replaced by the geminis. The lances will probably be replaced by some of rotala's better darts

Cedric

they  have jus purchase 36 of the 51 vehicles  according to press release
diamond 8\10/125/292

sconehead85

I would have thought Prestons Tridents would replace the Leyland Olympians there.  If 36 vehicles are being taken on then its the Tridents, E400s and seven (of 11) Dennis Darts. The six Volvo Citybuses ,( WTF are they being kept anyway- F = FLIP) should have gone by 2010, if not earlier.

Rotala have only one full-size step sd, the last sd Leyland - Preston's Lynx.

sconehead85

Ash

How many buses will actually be needed will it be 51 if so 15 buses would have to be found, i'm sure there's more than 15 blue diamond darts parked up at both Tividale and Long Acre with quite a few V and W reg.

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 26, 2013, 02:08:53 PM
How many buses will actually be needed will it be 51 if so 15 buses would have to be found, i'm sure there's more than 15 blue diamond darts parked up at both Tividale and Long Acre with quite a few V and W reg.

You're forgetting that Red Diamonds existing Redditch fleet will be merged with the First Redditch fleet therefore the bulk of the numbers will be made up by those

fleetline6477

I would say that some of the First Wyvern's remaining Lances are better than some of Diamond's older Darts.

PM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 26, 2013, 07:55:33 PM
I would say that some of the First Wyvern's remaining Lances are better than some of Diamond's older Darts.

Possibly but that was the case when gwm took over-the ex london darts were worse than diamond's verdes

sconehead85

I refer to the topic FIRST, then the "For Sale" thread, and the post #260 by Tony an administrator.

It looks as if Rotala are going to get quite an aged fleet with First's Redditch and Kidderminster operations.

Not that I wish these vehicles on anybody, but surely Firsts 38125 (Newcastle-under-Lyme) should be sold with 38123/6 rather than a Volvo Olympian.  The logic behind this is as follows- when Northampton is sold that would take the other three Volvo Citybuses (38098, 38121/2) leaving only open top Citybuses in Cornwall.  None of the above would have a long future with Rotala anyway.

Sales of  "R & K" and Northampton would eliminate the step entry Dennis Lance from First.

sconehead85

tank90

Not so I think there might be one in Clacton on sea still Ex FMR.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

there was one sent down that way  do not know if it is still in service
diamond 8\10/125/292

jc

67241 remains in service in Essex, now fitted with a dot-matrix display.

Bob

John

Quote from: bob on February 09, 2013, 08:55:03 AM
That link doesnt take you to that photo

It's not supposed to. Its a link to Jamie's fotopic site.

Cedric

can any please tell   as first Redditch  run services on sundays and Kidderminster is closed does diamond  takeover services
in Redditch on 2/3/13 there and Kidderminster on the 3//3/13
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk