News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Lost NX contracts

Started by dayvid, December 13, 2012, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2013, 09:49:42 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 22, 2013, 11:01:00 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on March 22, 2013, 05:42:01 PM
the new NX contracts will run rom Miller st as DE Courcey have an increase in the number of coaches they can run to 28 coaches

Thanks for the confirmation, is Xmas day the only day that all the coaches could be parked in the depot at the same time? As I don't think the site is big enough to accommodate all 28+ coaches at the same time

The airport services even run on Christmas day don't they?

No, there are no departures that start on Christmas Day. They resume with the 0030 departures on Boxing Day morning. (For example this year the 1845 777 departure from Birmingham did not run on Xmas Eve, as the return journey went too far into Xmas Day).

DeCourcey have operated that particular journey on the 310 since January. It operates the 0830 off Birmingham & 1535 return.  They have also operated the Friday/Sundays 1515 journey off Coventry & return to Birmingham for some time. Last year as well, they also operated the 387 Blackpool service.

Travelstar still have the 320 & 319 workings, plus some journeys on the 210.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: notepanel on March 23, 2013, 10:57:59 AM
the new NX contracts will run rom Miller st as DE Courcey have an increase in the number of coaches they can run to 28 coaches

Thanks for the confirmation, is Xmas day the only day that all the coaches could be parked in the depot at the same time? As I don't think the site is big enough to accommodate all 28+ coaches at the same time

No, there are no departures that start on Christmas Day. They resume with the 0030 departures on Boxing Day morning. (For example this year the 1845 777 departure from Birmingham did not run on Xmas Eve, as the return journey went too far into Xmas Day).

DeCourcey have operated that particular journey on the 310 since January. It operates the 0830 off Birmingham & 1535 return.  They have also operated the Friday/Sundays 1515 journey off Coventry & return to Birmingham for some time. Last year as well, they also operated the 387 Blackpool service.

The 310 to Leeds was originally a seasonal extra and nx decided then to run it all the time with De courcey and the 387 is a seasonal extra. the year before de courcey ran it Elcocks ran the service but they seem to the on the 630 (I think) to Minehead.
campaigning for better transport for all

notepanel

Quote from: dannygill on March 23, 2013, 12:43:20 PM
Quote from: notepanel on March 23, 2013, 10:57:59 AM

The 310 to Leeds was originally a seasonal extra and nx decided then to run it all the time with De courcey and the 387 is a seasonal extra. the year before de courcey ran it Elcocks ran the service but they seem to the on the 630 (I think) to Minehead.

Yes, the 387 runs Friday through to Monday, and besides peak periods (Eg over Xmas & Easter), it recommences from the 20th May. Elcocks had the 675 Wolverhampton-Birmingham-Minehead last year I think. I can't remember who operated the 661 & 662 Skegness services from Birmingham & Coventry. These services start again from the 14th April.

bwsau cymru

Been told that that flights coaches currently running on their national express work are going to yourbus

winston

Quote from: dannygill on March 27, 2013, 10:37:00 AM
Been told that that flights coaches currently running on their national express work are going to yourbus

Originally DeCourcey were meant to be having a new fleet, which did seem a waste of resources seeing as the Rotala ones are only 2 years old.

I notice NX group have announced this morning that they have won a seven year contract to operate coaches between Luton Airport & Victoria Coach Station, I assume this will replace the current Greenline 757 & will be at the expense of Arriva Shires & Essex? NX takeover from 1st May, no idea how will be running it....

the trainbasher

From a new depot in luton I believe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: trainbasher on March 27, 2013, 11:21:03 AM
From a new depot in luton I believe

Will it be operated by NX ops then? Seems strange they have closed Crawley then open a new depot at Luton Airport, I expect NX may in addition go after airport parking shuttles as per Stansted

There's an article in the latest Routeone magazine, but doesn't give any of the finer details

http://www.route-one.net/issues/480/index.html#/6/

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: trainbasher on March 27, 2013, 01:12:44 PM
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=81380 is where I found out what's happening

Thanks for forwarding the link, I'm a member of that forum but missed the topic. It seems 18 x Levante will operate the new A1 service, I assume these will be brand new & could be why DeCourcey are no longer having brand new Levante for the 210 & 777 diagrams soon to be taken over from Flights Hallmark?

winston

Looking at Tony's latest photos, DeCourcey have now taken delivery of further 13 plate Caetano Levante up to fleetnumber MD25, I assume the transfer of NX routes 210 & 777 from Flights Hallmark to DeCourcey is still due to take place on Sun 21st April?

http://wmbusphotos.com/DeCourcey/md17.html

bwsau cymru

Yes. They are ment to start by operating the very last services down to the airport of the day

winston

Does anyone have any idea what has happened to the 14 x 11 reg Levante Flights Hallmark had employed on 210 & 777 NX contracts?

notepanel

From something I noticed yesterday, I believe they are currently still parked at Rotala's depot in Aston.

winston

Quote from: notepanel on May 26, 2013, 02:44:37 PM
From something I noticed yesterday, I believe they are currently still parked at Rotala's depot in Aston.

Thanks for the info, if that is the case, that's a lot of expensive 2 year old assets that have been sat around redundant for a month already

bwsau cymru

are they still branded up or are they stripped to plain white now?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk