News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Lost NX contracts

Started by dayvid, December 13, 2012, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on December 22, 2012, 12:29:50 AM
Quote from: NEL111P on December 22, 2012, 12:22:17 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 21, 2012, 11:24:16 PM
The only 62 plate Levantes I've seen reported to date are as follows: /SNIP/

I believe it was also suggested that NX ops Start Hill may be receiving 14 x Levantes to replace older Tri-axle Scania/Levantes in Jan

I assume that the Flights Hallmark 11 plate Levantes will end up with another NX contractor at some point

I have the identities & operators for all up to F123043062, none of which are slated for NX ops. Now, it could be that these will be further builds, or maybe the Flights batch are destined for further Airport work, i don't know as yet.

Thanks Dave, are you willing to share the Id's / operators for the rest of the batch to date or are you intending to do another update for the NX pocket fleetbook?

It may be complete coincidence, but the quantities of those Levantes reported due at NX op's Start Hill and those at Flights Hallmark are exactly the same

Just noticed on bus and coach.com that NX ops may be closing Crawley Depot

http://www.busandcoach.com/newspage.aspx?id=7357&categoryid=0

I've got to put the pocket books larger A5 sized 2013 cousin to bed over the weekend first (no hoped for Eurolines content I'm afraid, due to lack of leads for information & lack of spare time to pursue further avenues).

De Courcey are down for FN62CKY/CME/CMK/CMO/CMZ/CNE/CNJ/CPX/CRJ/CUY/CVB/CVG/CVM/CVP.

As things stand, I'm currently scheduled to have a bit more time on my hands after 11 January ;-)

winston

Quote from: NEL111P on December 22, 2012, 01:05:24 AM

I believe it was also suggested that NX ops Start Hill may be receiving 14 x Levantes to replace older Tri-axle Scania/Levantes in Jan

I assume that the Flights Hallmark 11 plate Levantes will end up with another NX contractor at some point

I have the identities & operators for all up to F123043062, none of which are slated for NX ops. Now, it could be that these will be further builds, or maybe the Flights batch are destined for further Airport work, i don't know as yet.

Thanks Dave, are you willing to share the Id's / operators for the rest of the batch to date or are you intending to do another update for the NX pocket fleetbook?

It may be complete coincidence, but the quantities of those Levantes reported due at NX op's Start Hill and those at Flights Hallmark are exactly the same

I've got to put the pocket books larger A5 sized 2013 cousin to bed over the weekend first (no hoped for Eurolines content I'm afraid, due to lack of leads for information & lack of spare time to pursue further avenues).

De Courcey are down for FN62CKY/CME/CMK/CMO/CMZ/CNE/CNJ/CPX/CRJ/CUY/CVB/CVG/CVM/CVP.

As things stand, I'm currently scheduled to have a bit more time on my hands after 11 January ;-)

Thanks for confirmation of the De Courcey batch, do you know if De Courcey are intending to operate these 14 plus the initial 12 all out of their Miller St depot?

That's as shame as regards Eurolines, they do seem to be pretty difficult to gain info on other than the odd report from VCS

Are you hoping to stay working within the bus industry? All the best for the future

bwsau cymru

I have now herd that de courcey gaining the 210/777 isn't fully agreed as Rotala have now launched an appeal. Have herd that if they do gain the contracts that the coaches are more than likely to be kept at the national express west midlands depot at miller street. Don't know how true as both are only rumours....but very interesting
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Quote from: dannygill on December 29, 2012, 02:17:54 AM
I have now herd that de courcey gaining the 210/777 isn't fully agreed as Rotala have now launched an appeal. Have herd that if they do gain the contracts that the coaches are more than likely to be kept at the national express west midlands depot at miller street. Don't know how true as both are only rumours....but very interesting

Danny,

If you look at the web links below showing the architects site plans, the De Courcey depot in Miller St has planning permission for/can only accommodate 14 coaches, if they do also get the NX contracts for the 210 & 777 from Rotala, this will take them up to 28 coaches. Obviously there will be very few/if any occasions when all the fleet will be parked up together, other than possibly on Xmas day; they may need to park coaches at NXWM Miller St on those rare occasions. Another condition of use of the site as a coach depot is that they are only allowed a maximum of 20 coach movements in/out of the depot between the hours of 24:00 - 6:00am daily and that was based on the 14 coaches currently operated.

http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/DocumentExplorer/documentstream/documentstream.aspx?name=public:0901487a80e9f58f.pdf+0901487a80e9f58f&unique=548944&type=eplprod_DC_PLANAPP
http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/DocumentExplorer/documentstream/documentstream.aspx?name=public:0901487a80eac60d.pdf+0901487a80eac60d&unique=548944&type=eplprod_DC_PLANAPP

Initially when news broke that De Courcey were looking/needed to move out of Garrison St Depot, rumours suggested that they would be moving in to part/operating from NXWM's Miller St site, but nothing ever came of this & the current site next door was re-built to accommodate the operation

De Courcey's contract was for a 7 year term, I wonder if Rotala's was for the same period as well? I've seen it reported that Rotala have had some operational issues with the NX contracts

andyr

Is it correct that Flights have also lost the contract for the Aston Villa team coach? I belive that Birmingham International are now operating it.

Kevin

I suppose this would explain why I saw some de Courcey coaches at miller st the other day
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

bwsau cymru

Quote from: andyr on January 03, 2013, 10:00:16 PM
Is it correct that Flights have also lost the contract for the Aston Villa team coach? I belive that Birmingham International are now operating it.

Yes they lost it to birmingham international at the start of this season

winston

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on December 22, 2012, 01:05:24 AM

De Courcey are now beginning to receive the above 62 plate Levantes with MD15 FN62CME & MD16 FN62CKY reported in service so far. I take it that they will still be taking over from Rotala on the 210 / 777 NX diagrams? Will all the additional coaches be operated out of their Miller St coach depot? Has anyone heard what Rotala are planning to do with their 14 x 11 plate Levantes?

notepanel

It is to my understanding that the contract for the 210 & 777 will transfer to DeCourcey from 21 April.

winston

Quote from: notepanel on March 14, 2013, 12:58:51 PM
It is to my understanding that the contract for the 210 & 777 will transfer to DeCourcey from 21 April.

Thanks for the confirmation, do you happen to have any idea where they will be operated from? As DeCourcey doesn't currently have planning permission to operate any more than 14 coaches from its Miller St base, also they have restrictions imposed where a maximum of up to 20 coach movements in/out of the depot are allowed only between the hours of 24:00hrs & 06:00 hrs daily. I'm not sure the current B'ham depot could even accommodate a fleet of approx 28 coaches 

Solo1

the new NX contracts will run rom Miller st as DE Courcey have an increase in the number of coaches they can run to 28 coaches

bwsau cymru

but they have also won the 310 from travelstars so does that 28 include that as the original contract was de courcey 14 coaches flights 14 coaches =28 so what about additional 310 service?

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on March 22, 2013, 05:42:01 PM
the new NX contracts will run rom Miller st as DE Courcey have an increase in the number of coaches they can run to 28 coaches

Thanks for the confirmation, is Xmas day the only day that all the coaches could be parked in the depot at the same time? As I don't think the site is big enough to accommodate all 28+ coaches at the same time

winston

Quote from: dannygill on March 22, 2013, 09:24:41 PM
but they have also won the 310 from travelstars so does that 28 include that as the original contract was de courcey 14 coaches flights 14 coaches =28 so what about additional 310 service?

Decourcey seem to be doing well at picking up the former Veolia, Birmingham NX work, looking at the 310 workings that Travelstar European currently operate I wouldn't have they would need any more than 2 extra coaches

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 22, 2013, 11:01:00 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on March 22, 2013, 05:42:01 PM

Thanks for the confirmation, is Xmas day the only day that all the coaches could be parked in the depot at the same time? As I don't think the site is big enough to accommodate all 28+ coaches at the same time

The airport services even run on Christmas day don't they?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk