News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mystery Bus

Started by PM, December 12, 2012, 07:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

Kidderminster is a new depot (not been up that long) why would rotala want to downgrade or close it,  there are few new garages today as many people want them closed being noisy (the NIMBYs) not in my back yard.  If the Garage was there before you tough don't move near a bus depot.

Cedric

think kidderminster  was open 2001 or 2002
diamond 8\10/125/292

tank90

But is on a Round-about so no one can moan lol. If any thing Long Acre would be downgraded to storage and coach Depot with a few services running from it.
Bowler that was well before my time lol, but I wasn't to sure if the Presidents would fit underneath into the Church Road Garage that was all.
One interesting thing is the drivers have no idea what will happen if the OFT and or commision do a Barnstaple on the Redditch garage.
Now I would think Worcestershire County Council are being swans because I'm not sure what would happen as First are one of there Emergancy Contract pick upers, Johnsons wouldn't have the buses to do it and NX might not want to do it and as for Diamond they may be able to.
I would think what ever happens Kidderminster is going to Diamond as Diamond only have the 133 in Kidder with Whittles having alot more so Diamond having what First run wont be a great difference. Connecta Redditch scheme is interesting because First can make it a living hell for Diamond as they are still on the Connecta board.

Any way I think Going back to thread maybe a good idea so in future people can look back in threads to find all the info (It does help as im on another forum and it can go wayward but Its good to keep to thread)
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

busfan2847

Quote from: tank90 on January 31, 2013, 06:47:43 PM

I would think what ever happens Kidderminster is going to Diamond as Diamond only have the 133 in Kidder with Whittles having alot more so Diamond having what First run wont be a great difference. Connecta Redditch scheme is interesting because First can make it a living hell for Diamond as they are still on the Connecta board.

Any way I think Going back to thread maybe a good idea so in future people can look back in threads to find all the info (It does help as im on another forum and it can go wayward but Its good to keep to thread)
If Diamond does not get Redditch they will not want Kidderminster. I think it would be both or nothing.

tank90

Quote from: busfan2847 on January 31, 2013, 09:24:51 PM

If Diamond does not get Redditch they will not want Kidderminster. I think it would be both or nothing.

Depends, because if they cant have Redditch then they could pick up the services in Redditch whilst still buying Kidderminster and the 36 buses and then buying Plymouth Road at a later date.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Just found this on Youtube-MX08 PZH with JPT

winston

Quote from: tank90 on January 31, 2013, 09:39:35 PM
Quote from: busfan2847 on January 31, 2013, 09:24:51 PM

Depends, because if they cant have Redditch then they could pick up the services in Redditch whilst still buying Kidderminster and the 36 buses and then buying Plymouth Road at a later date.

I assume, you are working on the basis that First would close down its Redditch operation if the Oft bloacked the agreed deal with Rotala? I can't see First closing down any operations, particularly with how little the RH & KR operations are actually loosing. They could revert to the original proposed plan of merging the profitable KR routes in to RH & WR thus reducing overheads. Or First could even offer Wvyern for sale as a whole to raise some of this £80 Million, Wvyern's Worcester & Hereford operations would attract far more interest from the bigger bus groups

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on February 03, 2013, 12:17:45 PM

I like the centro's would be good to pick up some more second hand centro's to replace some of the older darts at diamond, went on the enviro200 on the 4 the other day was not impressed rattled like mad when stationery although was quite a quick bus.

PM

Quote from: Ash on February 03, 2013, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 03, 2013, 12:17:45 PM

I like the centro's would be good to pick up some more second hand centro's to replace some of the older darts at diamond, went on the enviro200 on the 4 the other day was not impressed rattled like mad when stationery although was quite a quick bus.

So do I because theyre proper buses not buses like solos and newer darts whose engines have fewer cylinders-they seem to rattle and vibrate more tho they consume less fuel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk