News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Mystery Bus

Started by PM, December 12, 2012, 07:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: trainbasher on January 30, 2013, 03:39:22 PM
It depends on which way you look at it. I've outlined a list of possibilitys

A) Kidderminster is going to be put on the Tividale licence, they keep it open with separate depot manager and they transfer some of the Stourbridge area stuff to Kidderminster.
B) Kidderminster to be run from Tividale in the same way that Pensnett occasionally has been managed from West Bromwich.
C) Kidderminster closes and they run the stuff from Tividale
D) Kidderminster closes and they run the stuff from Redditch
E) Kidderminster is going to be put on the Tividale licence, they keep it open with separate depot manager and they don't transfer some of the Stourbridge area stuff to Kidderminster.

Ok some good suggestions there.

Cedric

A seams the best one to me  as Kiddermister is near to stourbridge than  tividale so it would  save some dead mileage

and  some could be extended to kidderminster , to give  kidderminster links with places like merry hill ,dudley, birmingham
and  a better one to stourbridge,. 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Stu

From an operational point-of-view it would make sense to keep the Kidderminster depot, otherwise there's an awful lot of dead mileage for vehicles heading to and from Kidderminster from Tividale.

But then on the other hand, it might make sense for some Stourbridge services to operate from there also.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Cedric

Quote from: Stu on January 30, 2013, 07:17:46 PM
From an operational point-of-view it would make sense to keep the Kidderminster depot, otherwise there's an awful lot of dead mileage for vehicles heading to and from Kidderminster from Tividale.

But then on the other hand, it might make sense for some Stourbridge services to operate from there also.
in the days before first  and before  badgerline  started  after digbeth closed birmingham  and black country routes where run from kiddermister.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Where has all this strange speculation come from?

All I posted was that all the acquired operations would be using the PD0001374 license as apposed to any of the other Rotala owned ones, or a new one they could have applied for.

Just because that is the license used at Tividale it doesn't indicate any closures, route movements or anything else!

tank90

Yeah Tony only said that Rotala where putting Kidder on the same License as Tividale and the Redditch Depots nothing about closing kidder, if anything it sounded to me more like the nails in the coffin for Long Acre spliting the operations between Tividale and Redditch and moving some services from Tivi to Kidder like stourbridge stuff ie 202 and stuff.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

not been from the birmingham , or black country area , and not visting  there.  where abouts is tividale ? and am i right in thinking long acre is  in  aston  near  villia park,
diamond 8\10/125/292

richie

Quote from: bowler on January 30, 2013, 09:29:07 PM
not been from the birmingham , or black country area , and not visting  there.  where abouts is tividale ? and am i right in thinking long acre is  in  aston  near  villia park,

It's near Dudley but in Sandwell not far from great bridge

Lukeee

Quote from: bowler on January 30, 2013, 09:29:07 PM

Correct

Ash

Long Acre is near to Villa Park no far from Aston Train station and Tividale is in between Dudley and Oldbury the best way to get to the Tividale garage is the 87 then walk to the garage only take a few minutes until you reach Hallbridge Way.

CRP2012

Quote from: trainbasher on January 30, 2013, 03:39:22 PM
It depends on which way you look at it. I've outlined a list of possibilitys

A) Kidderminster is going to be put on the Tividale licence, they keep it open with separate depot manager and they transfer some of the Stourbridge area stuff to Kidderminster.
B) Kidderminster to be run from Tividale in the same way that Pensnett occasionally has been managed from West Bromwich.
C) Kidderminster closes and they run the stuff from Tividale
D) Kidderminster closes and they run the stuff from Redditch
E) Kidderminster is going to be put on the Tividale licence, they keep it open with separate depot manager and they don't transfer some of the Stourbridge area stuff to Kidderminster.
could also make Kidderminster an outstation instead of depot in its own right,so its just basically somewere to park buses up for the night when they don't need maintenance.If/When they need Maintenance they send buses over to Tividale

tank90

Kidder did most of the maintenance for Redditch so I would think they would want to get rid of its maintenace facilities just yet. as the 141, 133, 356/7/8, 166 as well as 2, 3, X3, 4/A, 5, 10, 292/4/5, 302/3, 830/1.
Which leaves Redditch with 26, 50(R), 51, 55/A, 56/A(R), 57/8, 60, 63, 64, 70/A143, 145, 146, 247, S57, S75, S77, S69, S70, S91, S93, S94 and the Alcester school buses and 551 as it can inter work out as 247 to Evesham.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

+ the 833 school service at kidderminster , they do all the heavy maintainace  for redditch  at kidderminter  , as there is some condition  on the redditch site  not sure  what exactly  but sure there is someone on the forum that know the answer
diamond 8\10/125/292

tank90

From what I know of FMR Redditch is it can do minor things like panels and windows other stuff has to go Kidder or Worcester. Diamond on the other hand could do more at Redditch in Church Road so I'm not sure, As for the DDs they may have to go to kidder as im not sure if theyd get into Church Road.

Dan

Cedric

in the good old days of the friendly midland red (bmmo)  double deckers where allocated to church road
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk