News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Why do we need all these different Diamonds?

Started by Westy, December 01, 2012, 01:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Blue Diamond.

Red Diamond.

Black Diamond.

(Normal) Diamond.

Especially when vehicles are being transfered between them, and not being repainted.

Also has the one single decker advertising their long withdrawn short lived 529 service been debranded yet?

woody38

The reason why they have Black diamond & Red Diamond is because of the areas they serve, Black is aimed at the Black country are and Red is aimed at the Old Midland Red west area.

Not to sure on Blue Diamond but most of there routes are in & around brum which is not in the Black country area.

Stu

Central Connect was rebranded as Blue Diamond to join the rest of the Diamond family, and to highlight the services in Birmingham, with I suppose Blue being associated with Birmingham as the football team is the 'Blues' and their fans the 'Bluenoses'. Not sure what Villa fans would have thought of this lol  :o

Anyway, I'm sure once the transfers and fleet changes have settled down, we'll start to see buses being painted into their 'correct' colours, depending on which Diamond division they operate for.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: Westy on December 01, 2012, 01:51:07 PM
Also has the one single decker advertising their long withdrawn short lived 529 service been debranded yet?

No It's still about. Saw it about 2 weeks ago. It is 30432

Diamond Geezer

Blue Diamond.

Red Diamond.

Black Diamond.

(Normal) Diamond.

Especially when vehicles are being transfered between them, and not being repainted.

Does it not make spotting more interesting ?

Discodave

Quote from: Stu on December 01, 2012, 06:00:07 PM
Central Connect was rebranded as Blue Diamond to join the rest of the Diamond family, and to highlight the services in Birmingham, with I suppose Blue being associated with Birmingham as the football team is the 'Blues' and their fans the 'Bluenoses'. Not sure what Villa fans would have thought of this lol  :o

Anyway, I'm sure once the transfers and fleet changes have settled down, we'll start to see buses being painted into their 'correct' colours, depending on which Diamond division they operate for.

espically when blue diamond are only up the road from the villa

JackC

Quote from: John on December 01, 2012, 06:02:37 PM

No It's still about. Saw it about 2 weeks ago. It is 30432

Think I saw it yesterday in West Brom. Starting to think it'll never get debranded.

bwsau cymru

I think having local identities really works.... you could argue why have a national express Coventry not just one big nxwm?
Look at go-ahead too it really works for them.....
I think people like local stuff (I know I do) so why not have there local bus company. I think its a lot better now that its all diamond as the average joe can see that rotala are bigger than what they may of seen before and it gives passengers a wider network. I'm all for localisation!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

I like the black diamond brand but with red and white darts running and red/blue diamond buses running on black diamond services it gets confusing for passengers that dont use the service regular or are new to the area.

nitromatt1

Saw a Blue Diamond at Halesowen Bus Station yesterday which really confused me.

Gareth

In all honesty I dont think Joe public really cares what colour or name is on the bus as long as it goes to where they want to. They only care if it is a 'normal' bus (NXWM) or a 'private' bus (anyone else) and if they can use their daysaver or pass on it.

If Rotala set up Yellow diamond tomorrow, as long as it ran on time to where they want to go, no one would bat an eyelid.

nitromatt1

Now seen every type of Diamond around Halesowen over the last few days lol. More types of Diamonds around here than on Her Majesty's crown.

Ash

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 19, 2012, 06:11:47 PM
Now seen every type of Diamond around Halesowen over the last few days lol. More types of Diamonds around here than on Her Majesty's crown.

Bet most were either on the 4H or the 142. Diamond seem to do well on keeping the double o 2 buses on the 002 most of the time they rarely stray onto other services.

nitromatt1

Exactly yes, red on the 4H and blue on 142 if I remember rightly. I've seen new hybrid buses on the 002 not long ago but not for a while.

Ash

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 19, 2012, 06:18:11 PM
Exactly yes, red on the 4H and blue on 142 if I remember rightly. I've seen new hybrid buses on the 002 not long ago but not for a while.

The hybrids are at long acre now for service 16 so doubt they will appear again on any black diamond services unless they are loaned out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk