News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BK63 YWP on October 26, 2023, 11:36:52 AM5 streetdecks will most likely stay at walsall has they have the hydroliners.

With PB getting the first batch of electrics (possibly for the Sutton lines WB will probably get the 4799-815/17-29 batch (purely speculation as it's unknown how many electric they'll get)
That's one batch they definitely won't get ( I can't post the reason here), not sure why pick on those out of all PB's buses. Only the four Scanias doubles don't match WB's vehicle profile.

Ash

Could be wrong but didn't a few years back when the 4799 to 4829 batch of buses on the 9 clock up too many ( or close to the limit ) with their mileage allowance and rumours they were going to be changed for the 47xx enviro 400 off the 50. 

BK63 YWP

QuoteThat's one batch they definitely won't get ( I can't post the reason here), not sure why pick on those out of all PB's buses. Only the four Scanias doubles don't match WB's vehicle profile.
I chose those as they were the oldest E400s at PB but It was purely speculation rather than fact 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

markcf83

Quote from: 2900 on October 26, 2023, 10:33:02 AMKeeping the number of vehicle  types down is another consideration, Tony mentioned long a go, spare part provisions etc,type training,  so in my case unless i change garage i,ll never  get to drive a B7RLE, all i can see arriving at WB  are E40D's 200/400 mmc's. so getting rid of gemnis/tridents will be  2 less headaches in a way, Is AG the only garage not to operate the E40D.
May be something new for C.C 50/82/87
You're right-except for when they have taken them on loan(if they have done)
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on October 26, 2023, 03:10:08 PMYou're right-except for when they have taken them on loan(if they have done)
BC have sent them on loan before but then had to swap them for platinums when drivers haven't been able to drive them, I think twice one has got out on a leak board before being swapped 

BBS

Quote5 streetdecks will most likely stay at walsall has they have the hydroliners.

With PB getting the first batch of electrics (possibly for the Sutton lines WB will probably get the 4799-815/17-29 batch (purely speculation as it's unknown how many electric they'll get)
Isn't AG getting the Electroliners?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on October 26, 2023, 07:35:31 PMIsn't AG getting the Electroliners?
Maybe they are, but won't be for some time yet.

As Tony has pointed out, the diesel Streetdecks are a different type of bus to drive.

The only reason I can think of to keep these at Walsall would be if they have some 'commonality' of parts, for maintenance purposes, for example the Streetdecks might use the same brake pads as the Hydroliners.

If that's the case, makes no sense to transfer them elsewhere as they are so few in number.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 26, 2023, 08:45:22 PMMaybe they are, but won't be for some time yet.

As Tony has pointed out, the diesel Streetdecks are a different type of bus to drive.

The only reason I can think of to keep these at Walsall would be if they have some 'commonality' of parts, for maintenance purposes, for example the Streetdecks might use the same brake pads as the Hydroliners.

If that's the case, makes no sense to transfer them elsewhere as they are so few in number.
WA Engineers have just about got used to them now, and they are as reliable as they have ever been, most time off the road now is waiting for parts, and 3304 is currently off the road where a car came through a red light straight into the front of it.

Moving them to another garage where no-one has seen them before would end up with them off the road most of the time like they were when they first arrived at WA

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on October 26, 2023, 09:01:21 PMWA Engineers have just about got used to them now, and they are as reliable as they have ever been, most time off the road now is waiting for parts, and 3304 is currently off the road where a car came through a red light straight into the front of it.

Moving them to another garage where no-one has seen them before would end up with them off the road most of the time like they were when they first arrived at WA
Pensnett don't want them back either 😂

Westy

It's nice to see them on other Walsall routes occasionally, certainly as I managed to catch one on the WA 9 the day of the Wolves open day.

The main routes I'm seeing them on are the 41 & 10, plus the 159 school service.

cris 99

Not seen it reported but 6826 is now at PB on the X14 today maybe Tony can confirm?
17//72/73/97/X12

Tony

Quote from: cris 99 on October 27, 2023, 09:29:07 AMNot seen it reported but 6826 is now at PB on the X14 today maybe Tony can confirm?
Yes, swapped with 4847 yesterday

Tony

6827 BC-PB
4860 4861 PB-BC

Tony

6828 BC-PB. This completes the swaps to give PB extra platinums to cover the X14

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk