News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 11, 2024, 12:11:48 AMTo get "newer" buses it requires money which no one has. Be greatful they actually put a bus on there even it is small. Better than no bus at all
Yes an often 2 hourly service is a godsend when a 26 seat solo arrives after a long wait 🤣

spacecowboy150

Quote from: solonightrider on February 10, 2024, 11:36:59 PMdidnt say it was - try relying on the 826 828 like some of us have to!!  a 64 plate 'door forward solo' isnt really investment in some up to date vehicles is it really
aren't metrocities way longer than solos

EK40

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on February 11, 2024, 01:51:51 PMaren't metrocities way longer than solos
yeah the metrocity is the versa replacement lol
the solo replacement is just the solo SR

BN

A lot of negative comments on here, so thought I'd post my experience.
60 from Lichfield to cannock, had 639, on time, decent driver, etc.
3 from Cannock to Norton canes, had 1 or 2 (the white one) again, on time, decent run
All seemed OK to me fro the day.

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 11, 2024, 12:11:48 AMTo get "newer" buses it requires money which no one has. Be greatful they actually put a bus on there even it is small. Better than no bus at all
well it would help having a reliable service that turns up when timetabled, to take said monies ? Lost revenue must be horrendous on this line of interurban busy services - with all the no shows. But im just a paying customer so obviously dont really matter by all accounts.

solonightrider

Quote from: BN on February 11, 2024, 08:00:49 PMA lot of negative comments on here, so thought I'd post my experience.
3 from Cannock to Norton canes, had 1 or 2 (the white one) again, on time, decent run
639 is a new vehicle and the 3's get the better vehicles too so it would be expected to run smoothly - 74 /826 /828 is the problem vehicle dumping route of late.

I did travel from Stafford [826] last Saturday late afternoon and it was 639 and it is a lovely bus and ideal for interurban routes , cannot say the same on the outward journey though!!! dear me!! 

I actually feel sorry for the drivers tbh presented with 'certain' allocations and grief off joe public for missing buses etc, they can only work with what they are provided.  There was quite a lot of positive comments to the driver on that 826 on the choice of nice new clean warm vehicle too, so just goes to show folk do notice.

Bob

Quote from: BN on February 11, 2024, 08:00:49 PMA lot of negative comments on here, so thought I'd post my experience.
1 of those two has had the 4 new vehicles, the other has to be euro 6 i think. Mightve been better doing a comparison with the 74 say and 826 828

Bob

Anyone know if the 70 now has to be euro 6? Could explain the slightly better buses on there of late. Thank god 132 , which was a regular on it, has gone. Stank of mould that bus did

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on February 11, 2024, 11:17:43 PMAnyone know if the 70 now has to be euro 6? Could explain the slightly better buses on there of late. Thank god 132 , which was a regular on it, has gone. Stank of mould that bus did
Still can use anything. They have an exemption to not use Euro 6 buses on it

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 12, 2024, 12:57:03 AMStill can use anything. They have an exemption to not use Euro 6 buses on it
Is it only till a certain date?

Capitalpotter

Quote from: solonightrider on February 10, 2024, 11:36:59 PMdidnt say it was - try relying on the 826 828 like some of us have to!!  a 64 plate 'door forward solo' isnt really investment in some up to date vehicles is it really

Didn't know optare made a door forward solo

Tony

Quote from: Capitalpotter on February 12, 2024, 01:58:11 PMDidn't know optare made a door forward solo

Optare have never made a door forward solo

Capitalpotter

solonightrider

dear me lighten up :evil: study a solo and study a metrocity - study a versa,  basically the same body in various forms, one had a entry forward of the front wheels 'door forward' and a flat nose and dinky wheels, the other has the door set back behind the front wheels, dinky wheels and is as ugly as hell, and the other has a entry forward of the front wheels 'door forward', dinky wheels and a pointy nose oh and is also ugly as hell :-) 

Mayfield

Anything happened with 62 & 144

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk