News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

A reminder to all that this thread is for discussing Chaserider.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

hlliwmai

Metrocity 144 has returned to Chaserider was parked on the yard last night after being away for assumed engine work, I don't know when or indeed if it will re-enter service, this is now the second vehicle to return in the last couple of weeks; following the return of Streetlite (62) which has also NOT yet re-entered service again I don't know whether or not this will re-enter service or not.

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 08, 2024, 01:24:17 PMMetrocity 144 has returned to Chaserider was parked on the yard last night after being away for assumed engine work, I don't know when or indeed if it will re-enter service, this is now the second vehicle to return in the last couple of weeks; following the return of Streetlite (62) which has also NOT yet re-entered service again I don't know whether or not this will re-enter service or not.
144 was a nice bus to travel on 

solonightrider

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 08, 2024, 01:24:17 PMMetrocity 144 has returned to Chaserider was parked on the yard last night after being away for assumed engine work, I don't know when or indeed if it will re-enter service, this is now the second vehicle to return in the last couple of weeks; following the return of Streetlite (62) which has also NOT yet re-entered service again I don't know whether or not this will re-enter service or not.
They need some major investment on the 826 828 fleet, the choice of vehicles is truly shocking.  25 seat solos on a busy set of route's and the oldest knackers they can find on a daily basis if they can last a shift that is!! Really gone down the pan in the last 8 or so months.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on February 08, 2024, 09:59:32 PMThey need some major investment on the 826 828 fleet, the choice of vehicles is truly shocking.  25 seat solos on a busy set of route's and the oldest knackers they can find on a daily basis if they can last a shift that is!! Really gone down the pan in the last 8 or so months.
144 wasn't that much more reliable than any old "knacker" on the 826/828

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 09, 2024, 02:09:33 AM144 wasn't that much more reliable than any old "knacker" on the 826/828
Nicer to travel on though 😜

hlliwmai

I have been told this evening that 522 (YX18 KYA) the white Enviro 200 is only at Cannock for around another 2 weeks before it transfers permanently to Longton; I was also told that 572 (CN17 BHE) is also leaving Cannock shortly and that is transferring to Macclesfield. 

ellspurs

Were they both used on the 19?

hlliwmai

Quote from: ellspurs on February 10, 2024, 08:04:06 PMWere they both used on the 19?

572 crept onto the 19 a handful of times (could be less than that in fact) it also got used on the 36 come to think about it; but it was not regular on either route; same for 522 it was used on the 19 only once and that was a week or so ago

Westy

Wonder what the 5 will run off in future, now it won't 'inherit' the vehicle from the 19?

(Could it come off the 70, if it finishes early enough?) 

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 09, 2024, 02:09:33 AM144 wasn't that much more reliable than any old "knacker" on the 826/828
didnt say it was - try relying on the 826 828 like some of us have to!!  a 64 plate 'door forward solo' isnt really investment in some up to date vehicles is it really

solonightrider

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 10, 2024, 07:59:23 PMI have been told this evening that 522 (YX18 KYA) the white Enviro 200 is only at Cannock for around another 2 weeks before it transfers permanently to Longton; I was also told that 572 (CN17 BHE) is also leaving Cannock shortly and that is transferring to Macclesfield.
in the mean time lets keep all the old knackered interurban solos on fleet  :undecided:

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 10, 2024, 07:59:23 PMI have been told this evening that 522 (YX18 KYA) the white Enviro 200 is only at Cannock for around another 2 weeks before it transfers permanently to Longton; I was also told that 572 (CN17 BHE) is also leaving Cannock shortly and that is transferring to Macclesfield.
Prob why 572 has had D and G fleetnames since its been there. Wonder if the two e200s used on 19 will stay or leave....

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on February 10, 2024, 11:36:59 PMdidnt say it was - try relying on the 826 828 like some of us have to!!  a 64 plate 'door forward solo' isnt really investment in some up to date vehicles is it really

To get "newer" buses it requires money which no one has. Be greatful they actually put a bus on there even it is small. Better than no bus at all

Westy

Quote from: Bob on February 10, 2024, 11:54:34 PMProb why 572 has had D and G fleetnames since its been there. Wonder if the two e200s used on 19 will stay or leave....
Is it likely they might bid for some 'safer' TfWM tenders?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk