News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Quote from: Westy on November 25, 2023, 09:08:08 PMJust looking at the 1605 from Bloxwich & 1603 from Walsall on Bustimes.

Fair trip / diversion out of service.
No the diversion is done in service, as soon as it starts to get dark the 19 drivers have been instructed to follow the 31/32 route straight into bloxwich from Walsall and other way around, this is because of the anti social behaviour both vehicles on the 19 was smashed. It's not a diversion out of service.

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on November 26, 2023, 02:31:50 PMNo the diversion is done in service, as soon as it starts to get dark the 19 drivers have been instructed to follow the 31/32 route straight into bloxwich from Walsall and other way around, this is because of the anti social behaviour both vehicles on the 19 was smashed. It's not a diversion out of service.
According to Bustimes yesterday(Perhaps someone could confirm as I'm obviously only guessing here?), it looks like where they stopped tracking on route, is where the buses got attacked, then you get the bus going out of service, heading back towards Cannock depot.

(The one if you look on the tracking map, heads back to Cannock via the A5 partly!)

Westy

According to Bustimes, 19 diversion now kicked in!

Bob

Did they specify a danger money element on the bid for the 19? I cant think what possessed them to even want to run it tbf

hlliwmai

Quote from: Bob on November 26, 2023, 04:36:01 PMDid they specify a danger money element on the bid for the 19? I cant think what possessed them to even want to run it tbf

They were obviously desperate for the cash 😂😂 what puzzles me is there was 4 bids placed on the tender for the 19 and Chaserider were the ones that won it clearly the other operations that bidded clearly didn't put a high enough bid in hence why Chaserider won it.....Unfortunately.

I'm led to believe there is a big meeting tomorrow with the powers that be to discuss the 19 hopefully Chaserider say to them "we're pulling off the route" and before much longer you'll see the route cancellation notice on DVSA website I'm hoping they do I think it's come to the stage where they need to

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 26, 2023, 08:27:57 PMThey were obviously desperate for the cash 😂😂 what puzzles me is there was 4 bids placed on the tender for the 19 and Chaserider were the ones that won it clearly the other operations that bidded clearly didn't put a high enough bid in hence why Chaserider won it.....Unfortunately.

I'm led to believe there is a big meeting tomorrow with the powers that be to discuss the 19 hopefully Chaserider say to them "we're pulling off the route" and before much longer you'll see the route cancellation notice on DVSA website I'm hoping they do I think it's come to the stage where they need to
4 bids?

Chaserider. Diamond & Nx presumbly?

Walsall Community Transport for the 4th? Would've been interesting to see if the drivers would work a 7 to 7 schedule, plus Sundays?

If not WCT, wonder who the 4th option was?

Even if Chaserider pull off, someone has to operate it?

It's never got to a situation where a tendered route is not operated ISTR, but would this be 'exceptional circumstances'?

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 26, 2023, 08:27:57 PMThey were obviously desperate for the cash 😂😂 what puzzles me is there was 4 bids placed on the tender for the 19 and Chaserider were the ones that won it clearly the other operations that bidded clearly didn't put a high enough bid in hence why Chaserider won it.....Unfortunately.
I think you mean the other operators that bid didn't put a low enough bid in...

Bob

Quote from: winston on November 26, 2023, 09:37:25 PMI think you mean the other operators that bid didn't put a low enough bid in...
Easy mistake.

Tbf tendering was a bit sh#t in the days before multi operator ticket and often went to lowest common denominator operators. I remember Petes travel ( i think) running the evening 351 to Cannock....great if you had an nx or TWM as was travelcard ..not...

hlliwmai

Quote from: Westy on November 26, 2023, 09:13:31 PM4 bids?

Chaserider. Diamond & Nx presumbly?

Walsall Community Transport for the 4th? Would've been interesting to see if the drivers would work a 7 to 7 schedule, plus Sundays?

If not WCT, wonder who the 4th option was?

Even if Chaserider pull off, someone has to operate it?

It's never got to a situation where a tendered route is not operated ISTR, but would this be 'exceptional circumstances'?

Well it's interesting you should say this because when I read that there were 4 bids I was mulling over who they could of been

1) Chaserider (obviously for the fact that they won)  
2) Diamond 
3) National Express (maybe)
4) Let's Go? / Banga? (unlikely I know but you never know)

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 26, 2023, 10:20:41 PMWell it's interesting you should say this because when I read that there were 4 bids I was mulling over who they could of been

1) Chaserider (obviously for the fact that they won) 
2) Diamond
3) National Express (maybe)
4) Let's Go? / Banga? (unlikely I know but you never know)
Well, 2 companies depots I mentioned are close to the route!

Again, would Let's Go & Banga do Sunday work?

(I know Let's Go did the 529 briefly before you say, but surely both of those would prefer Wolves work in the main?)

the trainbasher

QuoteThey were obviously desperate for the cash 😂😂 what puzzles me is there was 4 bids placed on the tender for the 19 and Chaserider were the ones that won it clearly the other operations that bidded clearly didn't put a high enough bid in hence why Chaserider won it.....Unfortunately.

Erm... the DVSA don't deal with bus service registrations wholly within the WM combined Authority area no more.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Looks like that meeting happened as now 19 will stop operating after its 3pm journeys until further notice

hlliwmai

So the meeting has obviously taken place this morning and this is the outcome 

Wba_lad

I think the decision with the 19 is a good option, still might not stop the smashed windows fully but we shall see, I've been on the 19 in the daylight and it's been targeted, it was pointless running the 19 up the 31/32 after a certain time best to stop running it after a certain time, shame Chaserider didn't pull off it completely or TFWM scrap the route completely, now the 19 has been stopped on a evening means the 29 will be main target. 

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 27, 2023, 11:19:04 AMLooks like that meeting happened as now 19 will stop operating after its 3pm journeys until further notice
Cant blame 'em, i'd pull off altogether if i was them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk