News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LNational

I do use the 828 often to catch a train and my children (and others nearby) rely on it. It unfortunately is a really hit and miss service now from what was really good in the past going back to the 'Spireslink' services (as 825) with good all day and evening services 7 days a week.
Most young people in the villages it serves can't wait to learn to drive as a result as the limited service times and then unpredictably of the service. It's a cycle that needs to be broken and reliability is a way of encouraging people to use.

I'm sure there are people on here just looking at websites but there are others that do experience first hand too.

I'm not having a go at anyone or at Chaserider as when they run they are adequate and many of the drivers good.

Mayfield

Blame the regulatory body for not pulling them up on this.

Bob

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 17, 2023, 08:56:36 PM51 was also in a RTC. It didn't break down
I did say "didnt last the day to be fair...so technically i werent wrong 🤣

solonightrider

Quote from: LNational on November 18, 2023, 09:30:29 AMI do use the 828 often to catch a train and my children (and others nearby) rely on it. It unfortunately is a really hit and miss service now from what was really good in the past going back to the 'Spireslink' services (as 825) with good all day and evening services 7 days a week.
Most young people in the villages it serves can't wait to learn to drive as a result as the limited service times and then unpredictably of the service. It's a cycle that needs to be broken and reliability is a way of encouraging people to use.

I'm sure there are people on here just looking at websites but there are others that do experience first hand too.

I'm not having a go at anyone or at Chaserider as when they run they are adequate and many of the drivers good.

Deffo agree here with what you say the service is very hit & miss of late & i have been shouted down and basically branded as 'slagging off' by a few on here!. Real life experience too !!  Im sure there has been a managment change at Cannock in recent months as this service has really gone down the pan to what it was earlier in the year. The vehicles chosen are quite shocking really for a main line interurban service, i do feel sorry for the drivers having to drive some of them tbh. 

On a positive note i travelled back from Stafford this evening on the 18.10 service 826 and it was one of the new volvos evoras 640. Now this is the sort of thing they could do with to make some vast improvements rather than what they now seem to choose as the regular allocation. A very nice vehicle and a pleasant journey for once :-) Shame its only allowed this one single trip, presume its on the back of a 60 duty.

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 18, 2023, 05:38:36 AMWas thinking the same thing 😂
You have to check bustimes with Chasetider, as even though it aint always accurate, its still more reliable thqn the odds of your hourly bus actually running 🤣

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Mayfield on November 18, 2023, 09:48:12 AMBlame the regulatory body for not pulling them up on this.
And the local transport authority, Staffordshire County Council, for being totally disinterested in public transport, especially local bus services in its patch.

Bob

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on November 19, 2023, 06:19:17 PMAnd the local transport authority, Staffordshire County Council, for being totally disinterested in public transport, especially local bus services in its patch.
Well, its a Tory council lol, theyre not gomna be 🤣

IMarkeh

Quote from: Wumpty on November 16, 2023, 09:39:57 PMI don't recall seeing any concerns in the monthly TC updates, not anything in the trade press.

I'm sure if things were *that* bad that the TC would be atop of things.

Most Staffordshire councillors don't care about buses though so I am not sure if they are the type to do this sort of thing. If the councillors cared about buses at all, they wouldn't be in the state that they are in in terms of the tendered network which was created by someone who definitely shouldn't be in a job.

solonightrider

Quote from: IMarkeh on November 20, 2023, 09:24:16 PMMost Staffordshire councillors don't care about buses though so I am not sure if they are the type to do this sort of thing. If the councillors cared about buses at all, they wouldn't be in the state that they are in in terms of the tendered network which was created by someone who definitely shouldn't be in a job.
bet staffordshire [Cannock/Lichfield/Rugeley/Stafford]  areas dont get owt of the HS2 cancelled project money either for the bus services support.

Bob

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on November 21, 2023, 06:58:32 PMIs 704 still alive?
Barely. Got quite a lot of issues with it 

hlliwmai

Another window was smashed on the 19 last night bus 506 again! It's getting beyond ridiculous now seems to be happening more often than not, Chaserider need to put in place that after a certain time it goes straight to Bloxwich like a 31 or 32 and completely misses out Coalpool & Harden like NX do on the 29 maybe then the little scrotes will eventually realise and get bored but until Chaserider do something it's going to keep happening! 

Wumpty

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 22, 2023, 08:59:54 AMAnother window was smashed on the 19 last night bus 506 again! It's getting beyond ridiculous now seems to be happening more often than not, Chaserider need to put in place that after a certain time it goes straight to Bloxwich like a 31 or 32 and completely misses out Coalpool & Harden like NX do on the 29 maybe then the little scrotes will eventually realise and get bored but until Chaserider do something it's going to keep happening!
The 29 is diverted as NXWM decide appropriate. I'm sure there would need to be some sanction by TfWM before Chaserider diverted the 19.

Saying that, there would be some provision under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 to safeguard their drivers and, to further extent, passengers.

My personal opinion is that services after 1800hrs shouldn't run via Coalpool, Ryecroft and Harden until the police and local authorities can safeguard operators and passengers.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on November 22, 2023, 10:30:01 AMThe 29 is diverted as NXWM decide appropriate. I'm sure there would need to be some sanction by TfWM before Chaserider diverted the 19.

Saying that, there would be some provision under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 to safeguard their drivers and, to further extent, passengers.

My personal opinion is that services after 1800hrs shouldn't run via Coalpool, Ryecroft and Harden until the police and local authorities can safeguard operators and passengers.
While they're at it, TfWm to do something about rerouting the Wct 25 permanantly from Slacky Lane, seeing the little buggers are down there in the daytime!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk