News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Bob on November 11, 2023, 10:42:02 AMWell they didnt meet them standards with putting 168 on there yesterday then lol
It was an emergency cover. I'm sure Tony could clarify this but there is presumably a clause permitting a substitute vehicle to be used which is non-compliant in an emergency.  Unless there wasn't any alternative,  they would not be able to use the likes of 168 on a regular basis. 

Bob

Was 187 left in Cannock Bus Stn overnight Sat to Sun does anyome know? I drove past on Sat and it was parked on the 63 stand looking pretty deas and was there Sun as well insame spot

solonightrider

Quote from: IMarkeh on November 10, 2023, 01:25:13 AMWhat is so good about 505/506 which means they must be used? I've heard of contracts having emissions, vehicle age and seating capacity requirements but never heard 'you must use one of these two buses', that's a very strange rule and there has to be more to it.
well its had a 73 plate evora , one off the orange MCV Volvos & also the 2 door streelamp on so carnt be just only 505/506 allowed 

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on November 13, 2023, 07:12:12 PMWas 187 left in Cannock Bus Stn overnight Sat to Sun does anyome know? I drove past on Sat and it was parked on the 63 stand looking pretty deas and was there Sun as well insame spot
a 'good' day for the 74 826 828 circuit again today with its allocation of the oldest knackers possibe :-)

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on November 13, 2023, 07:15:21 PMa 'good' day for the 74 826 828 circuit again today with its allocation of the oldest knackers possibe :-)
Yeah few knackers gave up today on there day they 🤣

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on November 13, 2023, 08:03:44 PMYeah few knackers gave up today on there day they 🤣
its become the scrap bus route. Quite hard to beleive tbh as i would think its one of the busier set of workings too. They obviously not interested in it at all, its gone reet down the pan in the last few months. 

Capitalpotter

Quote from: solonightrider on November 13, 2023, 09:26:02 PMits become the scrap bus route. Quite hard to beleive tbh as i would think its one of the busier set of workings too. They obviously not interested in it at all, its gone reet down the pan in the last few months.
You talk some absolute tosh. So you think Chaserider aren't interested in making money. You need to either bang your head with Bob or at least give it a wobble. It's not the age of the buses it's how they're looked after

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Capitalpotter on November 14, 2023, 10:03:13 AMYou talk some absolute tosh. So you think Chaserider aren't interested in making money. You need to either bang your head with Bob or at least give it a wobble. It's not the age of the buses it's how they're looked after
Agreed. Gotta remember the stuff they need for the 74's are ex arriva and they didn't look after them like they should of 

solonightrider

Quote from: Capitalpotter on November 14, 2023, 10:03:13 AMYou talk some absolute tosh. So you think Chaserider aren't interested in making money. You need to either bang your head with Bob or at least give it a wobble. It's not the age of the buses it's how they're looked after
lol mmm really..... try using the 826 828 and relying on it then,,,,  out of the last 10 or so times i have 'treid' to use the service its been 7 no shows, magically dissaperaing buses in reality too, so yes are correct its the way they are looked after that makes this service rather unreliable then ????  One of the old red knacker volvos has a right loud rattling off the suspension / wheels area it sounds horrendous and its been like it for months. Another experience was on way to stafford in one old red volvo which mid run was lifted off service and we was all hurded on to a tiny solo which in turn didnt have enough seats for the load at the time, then to continue to stafford stuck in 3rd gear screming it tatties off at about 30mph stinking of oil, once it made it to stafford the next 74 to cannock was dropped !!  As i say some investment is required on this line of route too. Surley this should be ringing alarm bells with the TM / licence holder and some sort of rectification plan put in to action as its compliance issues. I will let you sit there and bang or wobble your own head on this one.

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 14, 2023, 08:47:56 PMAgreed. Gotta remember the stuff they need for the 74's are ex arriva and they didn't look after them like they shou
Guess they are the only things 'allowed' on there now then. How did Arriva not look after them ? Most of the old Volvos look in a unkept state now too especially that old white one its megga tatty. Shame how its declined 

Capitalpotter

Quote from: solonightrider on November 14, 2023, 09:20:40 PMlol mmm really..... try using the 826 828 and relying on it then,,,,  out of the last 10 or so times i have 'treid' to use the service its been 7 no shows, magically dissaperaing buses in reality too, so yes are correct its the way they are looked after that makes this service rather unreliable then ????  One of the old red knacker volvos has a right loud rattling off the suspension / wheels area it sounds horrendous and its been like it for months. Another experience was on way to stafford in one old red volvo which mid run was lifted off service and we was all hurded on to a tiny solo which in turn didnt have enough seats for the load at the time, then to continue to stafford stuck in 3rd gear screming it tatties off at about 30mph stinking of oil, once it made it to stafford the next 74 to cannock was dropped !!  As i say some investment is required on this line of route too. Surley this should be ringing alarm bells with the TM / licence holder and some sort of rectification plan put in to action as its compliance issues. I will let you sit there and bang or wobble your own head on this one.
Train to be a mechanic or go buy a car

solonightrider

Quote from: Capitalpotter on November 14, 2023, 10:32:50 PMTrain to be a mechanic or go buy a car

classic reply as expected! easy to shout down & be rude like aint it, No point buying a car as i dont drive hence having to use public transport.  Sorry my chaserider experience dont match your opinion off them. each to their own and all that. Too much to expect a timetabled service to actually turn up around when its scheduled to obviously, one or 2 issues/hiccups expected now and then nothing in life is perfect but not regular occurance. 

Bob

Quote from: Capitalpotter on November 14, 2023, 10:32:50 PMTrain to be a mechanic or go buy a car

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Constructive and insightful 

Vulcan

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 14, 2023, 08:47:56 PMAgreed. Gotta remember the stuff they need for the 74's are ex arriva and they didn't look after them like they should of 
It's been nearly 3 yrs since Arriva owned them , surely they have had enough time to get the retained fleet purchased right !

Capitalpotter

Quote from: solonightrider on November 14, 2023, 11:20:10 PMclassic reply as expected! easy to shout down & be rude like aint it, No point buying a car as i dont drive hence having to use public transport.  Sorry my chaserider experience dont match your opinion off them. each to their own and all that. Too much to expect a timetabled service to actually turn up around when its scheduled to obviously, one or 2 issues/hiccups expected now and then nothing in life is perfect but not regular occurance.
Im rude. How about all the Chaserider staff you slag off daily?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk