News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigkibbs

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2023, 09:32:51 PMNo, only one reported broken tonight
Did bus number 1 not get a broken window yesterday?

Bob

Quote from: EK40 on November 10, 2023, 08:43:25 PMTheres gonna be nothing euro 6 left by the end of next week at this rate
Well a Solo SR replaced the E200 on 19 so they must be getting desperate 😄

Bob

I dont know why they specify decent ish buses in the tender for the 19. They could run a smoking National round there and it wouldnt matter, the kids are probably breathing in their mums crackpipe fumes anyway

solonightrider

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 10, 2023, 09:21:48 AMapparently not from what I hear a driver that was doing the 5 duty the other evening said he asked the traffic office if he could take a another Euro 6 bus and was told in so many words NO! it HAS to be the bus off the 19 which is most cases is either 505/6 and I'm told he did ask well if push comes to shove I could take a Telford bus to which the Chaserider depot manager intervened and said that "under no circumstances must a Telford bus be used on there"....... It makes you wonder if Chaserider would know how to organise a pee up in a brewery....
i would presume its because its got the telford branding on the vehicle so probably not put on there for that reason, Wonder if the new liveried evoras will end up on the 19.....  investment in vehicles is needed on the interurban network 74/826/828 is mega unreliable of late with failing old knackers daily. Has there been a managment change at Cannock recently certain routes to be going to pot.

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on November 10, 2023, 09:41:10 PMWell a Solo SR replaced the E200 on 19 so they must be getting desperate 😄
must be to use a knackered interurban spec motor on a back street job lol

Tony

Quote from: Craigkibbs on November 10, 2023, 09:36:48 PMDid bus number 1 not get a broken window yesterday?
It takes about 30 min to replace a window, why would that be out of service 

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2023, 09:32:51 PMNo, only one reported broken tonight

yes and one broken last night 

Tony

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2023, 08:36:47 AMWindows do get reapired

correct but it still costs Chaserider money 

Stu

Quote from: Bob on November 10, 2023, 09:43:51 PMI dont know why they specify decent ish buses in the tender for the 19. They could run a smoking National round there and it wouldnt matter, the kids are probably breathing in their mums crackpipe fumes anyway
They (TfWM) don't specify 'decent-ish' buses, just vehicles that meet Euro 6 emissions standards.

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 11, 2023, 08:47:31 AMcorrect but it still costs Chaserider money
But that's why bus companies take out insurance policies.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mayfield

I doubt they would claim on the insurance due to excess

Bob

Quote from: Stu on November 11, 2023, 09:19:38 AMThey (TfWM) don't specify 'decent-ish' buses, just vehicles that meet Euro 6 emissions standards.
But that's why bus companies take out insurance policies.

Well they didnt meet them standards with putting 168 on there yesterday then lol

hlliwmai

Quote from: Mayfield on November 11, 2023, 09:25:45 AMI doubt they would claim on the insurance due to excess

Exactly 

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2023, 10:17:50 PMIt takes about 30 min to replace a window, why would that be out of service

The incident took place of the 18:10 into Walsall the last 19 to Blakenall was dropped 

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 11, 2023, 11:46:45 AMThe incident took place of the 18:10 into Walsall the last 19 to Blakenall was dropped
My comment was about the number of buses out of service, which should only be 1 as the previous days' should have been fixed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk