News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Craigkibbs on November 06, 2023, 10:24:22 PMNew route 5 isnt tracking on bus times.
Now tracking. 506 on there tonight. Looks like the evening service comes off the 19 service.

ellspurs

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 09, 2023, 09:57:28 PMNow tracking. 506 on there tonight. Looks like the evening service comes off the 19 service.
So it is subject to whether the happy citizens on the 19 route haven't bricked the bus or not!

hlliwmai

Quote from: ellspurs on November 09, 2023, 10:04:01 PMSo it is subject to whether the happy citizens on the 19 route haven't bricked the bus or not!

Yeah that's pretty much spot on tbh and from what I have been told either TfWM/Staffs CC whoever the contract is under have apparently told Chaserider that they cannot use any other buses on the 5 other than 505 or 506 but as you quite rightly state @ellspurs using either of those buses on the 5 depends on whether the little scrotes decide whether they want to vandalise them or not as I stated on a previous post something needs to happen before it's too late 

IMarkeh

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 09, 2023, 10:10:58 PMYeah that's pretty much spot on tbh and from what I have been told either TfWM/Staffs CC whoever the contract is under have apparently told Chaserider that they cannot use any other buses on the 5 other than 505 or 506 but as you quite rightly state @ellspurs using either of those buses on the 5 depends on whether the little scrotes decide whether they want to vandalise them or not as I stated on a previous post something needs to happen before it's too late
What is so good about 505/506 which means they must be used? I've heard of contracts having emissions, vehicle age and seating capacity requirements but never heard 'you must use one of these two buses', that's a very strange rule and there has to be more to it.

the trainbasher

Could it be more of a case of Euro VI requirement, which would mean the MMCs are ok too

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hlliwmai

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 10, 2023, 01:38:08 AMCould it be more of a case of Euro VI requirement, which would mean the MMCs are ok too

apparently not from what I hear a driver that was doing the 5 duty the other evening said he asked the traffic office if he could take a another Euro 6 bus and was told in so many words NO! it HAS to be the bus off the 19 which is most cases is either 505/6 and I'm told he did ask well if push comes to shove I could take a Telford bus to which the Chaserider depot manager intervened and said that "under no circumstances must a Telford bus be used on there"....... It makes you wonder if Chaserider would know how to organise a pee up in a brewery....

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 10, 2023, 09:21:48 AMapparently not from what I hear a driver that was doing the 5 duty the other evening said he asked the traffic office if he could take a another Euro 6 bus and was told in so many words NO! it HAS to be the bus off the 19 which is most cases is either 505/6 and I'm told he did ask well if push comes to shove I could take a Telford bus to which the Chaserider depot manager intervened and said that "under no circumstances must a Telford bus be used on there"....... It makes you wonder if Chaserider would know how to organise a pee up in a brewery....
Could the contact have stated a certain type of bus that can only be used?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on November 10, 2023, 09:38:55 AMCould the contact have stated a certain type of bus that can only be used?
The only thing ever mentioned in tenders is vehicle size and euro rating

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2023, 11:03:54 AMThe only thing ever mentioned in tenders is vehicle size and euro rating
Absolutely true.  In the case of Chaserider, they could take a bus used on another route but that's up to the depot manager. Stating that a particular bus or buses are specified in a tender is nonsense. Tenders are a legal document and having to submit an amendment every time a vehicle specified in the document is withdrawn would be crazy. 

Craigkibbs

has something happened on 19 again 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Craigkibbs on November 10, 2023, 07:20:05 PMhas something happened on 19 again

Yep 505 has had its window put through 

EK40

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 10, 2023, 07:28:35 PMYep 505 has had its window put through
Theres gonna be nothing euro 6 left by the end of next week at this rate

Tony

Quote from: EK40 on November 10, 2023, 08:43:25 PMTheres gonna be nothing euro 6 left by the end of next week at this rate
It's only a window.

Craigkibbs

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2023, 08:56:56 PMIt's only a window.
It may only be a window but thats now 2 buses off the road.

Tony

Quote from: Craigkibbs on November 10, 2023, 09:15:04 PMIt may only be a window but thats now 2 buses off the road.
No, only one reported broken tonight 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk