News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 12, 2023, 09:39:35 PMMy assumption is to get put out to tender so they can have it to get paid to run them. They did the exact same thing with the 3
Lets hope it becomes a euro6 compliant tender to improve the unreliability of clapped out solos...  one can dream i guess  :azn:

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on September 12, 2023, 09:58:07 PMLets hope it becomes a euro6 compliant tender to improve the unreliability of clapped out solos...  one can dream i guess  :azn:
Clearly not a daily user then and look at bus times once in a while. Solos don't run on the 62, only the 63 runs a solo. The 62 runs bigger sized buses

Westy

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 12, 2023, 09:39:35 PMMy assumption is to get put out to tender so they can have it to get paid to run them. They did the exact same thing with the 3
Did anyone else bid for the 3, besides Chaserider?

Would be interesting if someone else won the tender for these teo?

hlliwmai

Would be interesting to see IF these routes get picked up other operator(s) I have 3 in mind but 2 of them are extreme wildcards but anything is possible

(1)  Arriva.... Could it be possible to see them operating in Cannock again that would be quite odd to see

(2)  Diamond.... Could it be also possible for them to start operating in Cannock, I could only assume if this did happen it would operate via the Burton depot 

(3) Select.... Obviously this is the sister company to Chaserider so they are probably most plausible to pick these routes up but it is whether they would want them 

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 12, 2023, 10:55:16 PMWould be interesting to see IF these routes get picked up other operator(s) I have 3 in mind but 2 of them are extreme wildcards but anything is possible

(1)  Arriva.... Could it be possible to see them operating in Cannock again that would be quite odd to see

(2)  Diamond.... Could it be also possible for them to start operating in Cannock, I could only assume if this did happen it would operate via the Burton depot

(3) Select.... Obviously this is the sister company to Chaserider so they are probably most plausible to pick these routes up but it is whether they would want them
Or Chaserider could twist the the councils arm into funding them then get given the tender.....

Wumpty

Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2023, 10:57:57 PMOr Chaserider could blavkmail the council into funding them then get given the tender.....
@Bob I'm sure this is in jest, though probably unwise to post. Libel and all that!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on September 13, 2023, 10:25:21 AM@Bob I'm sure this is in jest, though probably unwise to post. Libel and all that!
There you go..suitably modified

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 12, 2023, 10:55:16 PMWould be interesting to see IF these routes get picked up other operator(s) I have 3 in mind but 2 of them are extreme wildcards but anything is possible

(1)  Arriva.... Could it be possible to see them operating in Cannock again that would be quite odd to see

(2)  Diamond.... Could it be also possible for them to start operating in Cannock, I could only assume if this did happen it would operate via the Burton depot

Do we still include Nx, as they could run positioning journeys on the X51, to get the buses concerned in the area?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on September 13, 2023, 05:44:39 PMDo we still include Nx, as they could run positioning journeys on the X51, to get the buses concerned in the area?
Suppose itd dspend if they'd want to even consider bidding for them. They have run into Rugeley in the past

Craigkibbs

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2023, 07:02:44 PMSuppose itd dspend if they'd want to even consider bidding for them. They have run into Rugeley in the past
I think chaserider will get them back with funding 

Rachvince53

The 62 is already part subsidised. 

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 12, 2023, 10:01:55 PMClearly not a daily user then and look at bus times once in a while. Solos don't run on the 62, only the 63 runs a solo. The 62 runs bigger sized buses
yes i use the 63,  and yes its always a clapped out solo and plenty of times been left stranded thank you :-) so a better offering of reliability and vehicle choice would be the way forward for the travelling public who have to rely on this. so no sorry not a bus times.org occasional user im afraid, its real life experiences!!

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2023, 07:02:44 PMSuppose itd dspend if they'd want to even consider bidding for them. They have run into Rugeley in the past
NXWM still do a run out of Rugeley to Cardinal Griffin [ i think its called] in Cannock so could submit a tender to incorporate those journeys in to a 63 timetable, but guess only worth doing that on school days for them so probably wouldnt bother with it.  Arriva in Tamworth have done that on a 110 journey am / pm to a local tamworth school. Alot of school routes seem to be going back to bus service type of operation again within the county.

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on September 13, 2023, 09:35:30 PMyes i use the 63,  and yes its always a clapped out solo and plenty of times been left stranded thank you :-) so a better offering of reliability and vehicle choice would be the way forward for the travelling public who have to rely on this. so no sorry not a bus times.org occasional user im afraid, its real life experiences!!
148s the latest regular on there, the littlest bus theyve got, on anhourly route,so it mustnt be busy these days

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2023, 09:54:23 PM148s the latest regular on there, the littlest bus theyve got, on anhourly route,so it mustnt be busy these days
yes cascaded off the 60 normally 182 thats a right boneshaker too 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk