News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on August 08, 2023, 08:48:14 PMAint it literally bost every day since theyve had it? 😜
Yes

Bob

Westy

Reading both this & the Select threads, I'm getting the impression before buses are transferred to Chaserider, the vehicles are working reasonably. 

Chaserider have problems with vehicles, & it appears in one instance,  a 'problem ' vehicle ends up at Select & they get more life out of said vehicle. 

I'm thinking something. 

I do hope I'm wrong.

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on August 09, 2023, 09:49:07 AMReading both this & the Select threads, I'm getting the impression before buses are transferred to Chaserider, the vehicles are working reasonably.

Chaserider have problems with vehicles, & it appears in one instance,  a 'problem ' vehicle ends up at Select & they get more life out of said vehicle.

I'm thinking something.

I do hope I'm wrong.
In most businesses, there's a ratio of people required against the function required. In this case, you need X number of mechanics to service a fleet of Y buses, taking into account preventative maintenance (not yet @Bob  :wink:), ancillary tasks like refurbs, general adhoc maintenance and breakdowns as they happen (and prioritised based on the severity of the breakdown/vehicle type requirement).

Now, I don't know how many engineering staff they employ, though on logic, it would appear that a slightly smaller fleet like Select is maintained with the right ratio of engineers, coupled with a well maintained fleet (regardless of fleet age). 

One can only surmise that either the ratio of engineers to fleet and the required maintenance is wrong, or that they inherit a poison chalice of buses that they don't stand a chance of maintaining with their inherent issues. I would like to err on the side of the latter as there are some very talented engineers at Centrebus Group, Chaserider included, and I don't see any of the buses being driven harshly or outside of normal operating parameters.

I get what @Westy is saying, though I don't think anything sinister is afoot - I think it's a combination of all the above factors.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Uptight

QuoteNow, I don't know how many engineering staff they employ
When I was in Cannock yesterday I noticed that there were pieces of paper stuck to the stands saying that they were hiring new engineering staff.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Uptight on August 09, 2023, 09:37:31 PMWhen I was in Cannock yesterday I noticed that there were pieces of paper stuck to the stands saying that they were hiring new engineering staff.

Oh they've been in some of the bus stops for ages, there also on some of the buses in the snap boards I don't know how "current" the posters are though 

solonightrider

Sampled the delights of chaserider today, first bus 192 boarded at brereton for stafford, made it as far as rugeley and that was it after 15 min wait, solo 180 appears jesus what a heap of junk it is, all the way to stafford flat out 35mph sounding like stuck in 3rd gear screaming its nuts off with a vile smell off hot oil fumes & struggling with the loadins with the small seating capacity.. In to stafford it makes it some how then straight out of service so missed doing its 74 to cannock [another stand full of punters missed]! Managed to get to Cannock later on the old white volvo which does seem to run quite well, and eventually worked our way to Lichfield, then to have the 14.33 828 not turn up, missing in action. Never mind a nice 16 plate volvo rolls in on the 36 empty of punters and also departs empty of punters while 25ish of us wait for a no show 828, The vehicle standard & reliability on the 74/826/828 are pretty shocking! For one of the prime set of routes some serious investment is required on the fleet for sure.

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on August 10, 2023, 09:57:00 PMSampled the delights of chaserider today, first bus 192 boarded at brereton for stafford, made it as far as rugeley and that was it after 15 min wait, solo 180 appears jesus what a heap of junk it is, all the way to stafford flat out 35mph sounding like stuck in 3rd gear screaming its nuts off with a vile smell off hot oil fumes & struggling with the loadins with the small seating capacity.. In to stafford it makes it some how then straight out of service so missed doing its 74 to cannock [another stand full of punters missed]! Managed to get to Cannock later on the old white volvo which does seem to run quite well, and eventually worked our way to Lichfield, then to have the 14.33 828 not turn up, missing in action. Never mind a nice 16 plate volvo rolls in on the 36 empty of punters and also departs empty of punters while 25ish of us wait for a no show 828, The vehicle standard & reliability on the 74/826/828 are pretty shocking! For one of the prime set of routes some serious investment is required on the fleet for sure.
So the 828 would ve one of their regular 2hr gaps, being an hourly service. Happens pretty often tbf

Bob

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2023, 10:13:36 PMSo the 828 would ve one of their regular 2hr gaps, being an hourly service. Happens pretty often tbf
Quote from: solonightrider on August 10, 2023, 09:57:00 PMSampled the delights of chaserider today, first bus 192 boarded at brereton for stafford, made it as far as rugeley and that was it after 15 min wait, solo 180 appears jesus what a heap of junk it is, all the way to stafford flat out 35mph sounding like stuck in 3rd gear screaming its nuts off with a vile smell off hot oil fumes & struggling with the loadins with the small seating capacity.. In to stafford it makes it some how then straight out of service so missed doing its 74 to cannock [another stand full of punters missed]! Managed to get to Cannock later on the old white volvo which does seem to run quite well, and eventually worked our way to Lichfield, then to have the 14.33 828 not turn up, missing in action. Never mind a nice 16 plate volvo rolls in on the 36 empty of punters and also departs empty of punters while 25ish of us wait for a no show 828, The vehicle standard & reliability on the 74/826/828 are pretty shocking! For one of the prime set of routes some serious investment is required on the fleet for sure.
191 and 194 both broke down on 74s today also

karl724223

Why isn't the local mp all over this he would have a field day with the press getting his photo in the papers 

Rachvince53

Quote from: karl724223 on August 11, 2023, 09:16:40 AMWhy isn't the local mp all over this he would have a field day with the press getting his photo in the papers
The cynical view would be that's its not an election year!

Wumpty

Quote from: karl724223 on August 11, 2023, 09:16:40 AMWhy isn't the local mp all over this he would have a field day with the press getting his photo in the papers
They're too busy massaging their political egos with the recently announced immigration centre to be opened around Beaconside.

I'm sure the buses will be next on their list :grin:
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 11, 2023, 09:21:36 AMThe cynical view would be that's its not an election year!
He? Weve got the awful tory queen ( Panto) Dame Amanda Milling who loves photos at food banks , she aint got time for buses 🤣🤣

Westy

If it involved Willenhall station, then Eddie Hughes would be there like a rat up a drainpipe!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on August 12, 2023, 06:36:40 AMIf it involved Willenhall station, then Eddie Hughes would be there like a rat up a drainpipe!
Hes standing for Tamworth next election, following in the footsteps of Chris Pincher b##ock clincher lol. Eddie Hughes zpoke at our staff conference, those of us with any morals walked out when he came on lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk