News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 28, 2023, 08:12:04 PM
Quote from: hlliwmai on July 28, 2023, 08:12:04 PMActually for your information the Volvo 631 didn't die it had a very minor RTC which took it out of service and was replaced by 799 which was in it's place today this was then swapped later in the day today to bus 1 owing due to it running low on AdBlue so I suggest you get your facts right before you start sprouting your bullshit!!

Actually for your information the Volvo 631 didn't die it had a very minor RTC which took it out of service and was replaced by 799 which was in it's place today this was then swapped later in the day today to bus 1 owing due to it running low on AdBlue so I suggest you get your facts right before you start sprouting your bullshit!!
Wouldnt fluid levels be checked before sending the thing out?? Its already broke down previously this werk. So.. 14.03..made it all the way to Walsall did it??? Didnt leave no gaps in service?? 🤣🤣

solonightrider

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 28, 2023, 08:12:04 PMActually for your information the Volvo 631 didn't die it had a very minor RTC which took it out of service and was replaced by 799 which was in it's place today this was then swapped later in the day today to bus 1 owing due to it running low on AdBlue so I suggest you get your facts right before you start sprouting your bullshit!!
nice bit of kit these volvos but they seem rather large vehicle size for the roads of Shenstone/Stonnall /Lazy Hill Road and must be a nightmare crossing that busy Chester Road area. Transit territory when i drove them many many moons ago and felt lucky.... when it was a merc 608d lol. Must be vastly improved loading to warrent big full sized  buses these days. 

hlliwmai

Quote from: solonightrider on July 28, 2023, 10:55:35 PMnice bit of kit these volvos but they seem rather large vehicle size for the roads of Shenstone/Stonnall /Lazy Hill Road and must be a nightmare crossing that busy Chester Road area. Transit territory when i drove them many many moons ago and felt lucky.... when it was a merc 608d lol. Must be vastly improved loading to warrent big full sized  buses these days.

It's because these contracts are a Euro 6 specification I can only assume that TfWM have specified big buses on the routes

hlliwmai

Quote from: Bob on July 28, 2023, 11:05:47 PMMqybe because i dont call people names?? And why am i? Are you on commission for them or something? You should be for using personal insults pal....

Whether I do or whether I don't is no concern of yours; You seem to have a vendetta against Chaserider and quite honestly it's really boring!!

@hlliwmai - You can knock the name calling on the head now! - And remember your own statement above, next time you're slagging Diamond off.

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 28, 2023, 11:11:31 PMWhether I do or whether I don't is no concern of yours; You seem to have a vendetta against Chaserider and quite honestly it's really boring!!
Vendetta? Most passengers think theyre a joke. Wouldnt ad blue be checked before leaving the depot? Why send a bus out running low. Not a good look to end up fumping passrngers in Aldridge, esp with the bext bus being over an hour later...the huge gaps on the 3 the other day werent a good look either....nor was what happened on 74 yesterday. It werent buses running late on 74...it was journeys not operating at all in peak times x2 cos theyd broke down. 

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 28, 2023, 11:11:31 PMWhether I do or whether I don't is no concern of yours; You seem to have a vendetta against Chaserider and quite honestly it's really boring!!
I dont think I'd admit to working for them to be fair either....

MW

Not sure on the facts but a bus running out of Adblue is incompetence on the operator's part, however if no lost mileage incurred because of this, it's not really an issue from a passenger point of view.

Also it was mentioned above about the size of buses being used. TfWM usually give a minimum capacity requirement for vehicles. In the case for these services, it's a minimum seating capacity of 35 and minimum overall capacity of 40. These capacity numbers are for the 36S only. TfWM also say that vehicles with lesser capacity are suitable for all other journeys.

I'm assuming the length on these Volvos is 12m+. A shorter Euro 6 10.5m length vehicle would meet the tender specification, but perhaps isn't available within the Chaserider fleet.

Bob

Quote from: MW on July 28, 2023, 11:46:43 PMNot sure on the facts but a bus running out of Adblue is incompetence on the operator's part, however if no lost mileage incurred because of this, it's not really an issue from a passenger point of view.

Also it was mentioned above about the size of buses being used. TfWM usually give a minimum capacity requirement for vehicles. In the case for these services, it's a minimum seating capacity of 35 and minimum overall capacity of 40. These capacity numbers are for the 36S only. TfWM also say that vehicles with lesser capacity are suitable for all other journeys.

I'm assuming the length on these Volvos is 12m+. A shorter Euro 6 10.5m length vehicle would meet the tender specification, but perhaps isn't available within the Chaserider fleet.
Mileage was lost, it tetminated in Aldridge

MW

Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2023, 12:03:27 AMMileage was lost, it tetminated in Aldridge

Then I agree with you. It is a failure on the operators part.

Adblue consumption is usually anywhere between 5% to 10% of fuel. Typically a bus will use around 80 litres of fuel a day, which works out to be no more than 8 litres of Adblue per day. 

The Volvo B8RLE has a 30 litre Adblue tank, so enough Adblue to last 3 days. Obviously tank size and consumption varies across different vehicle types. The E200MMC, for comparison, has a 19 litre tank, so would last two full days of service, on average.

Good practice would be a system where Adblue is topped up either daily or every other day across entire fleets. 

Bob

Quote from: MW on July 29, 2023, 12:16:29 AMThen I agree with you. It is a failure on the operators part.

Adblue consumption is usually anywhere between 5% to 10% of fuel. Typically a bus will use around 80 litres of fuel a day, which works out to be no more than 8 litres of Adblue per day.

The Volvo B8RLE has a 30 litre Adblue tank, so enough Adblue to last 3 days. Obviously tank size and consumption varies across different vehicle types. The E200MMC, for comparison, has a 19 litre tank, so would last two full days of service, on average.

Good practice would be a system where Adblue is topped up either daily or every other day across entire fleets.
I think one of the Volvos broke down a few months back and had barely any in. It was on one of the Stafford-Lich routes

Mayfield

I don't know how anyone can defend running out of adblue, the diesel is filled every day and so should the adblue, you wouldn't send a vehicle out with a near empty diesel tank or would you ?

Bob

Quote from: Mayfield on July 29, 2023, 08:30:02 AMI don't know how anyone can defend running out of adblue, the diesel is filled every day and so should the adblue, you wouldn't send a vehicle out with a near empty diesel tank or would you ?
If you think thats bad, should see whqts , and im gonna say it, so i dont get shot down, "rumoured" to have happened to 144. Allegedly ran with not enough water in and ended up popping the engine. Been VOR for months now. 

Bob

Quote from: Mayfield on July 29, 2023, 08:30:02 AMI don't know how anyone can defend running out of adblue, the diesel is filled every day and so should the adblue, you wouldn't send a vehicle out with a near empty diesel tank or would you ?
Then there was the Volvo   that had that issue with rear axle coming detached  at the bus stop on heath hayes high st, caused absolute traffic chaos at the time lol

woody38

There is no money running buses anymore even NXWM are losing 10 million a year so if a company like that can't make any money what change do companies like Chaserider have. people like Bob do annoy me because like myself we are not bus people. Bus companies haven't got the money to buy new buses the environment we live in has changed, more people work from home, social travel has halved because there is nowhere to go, the internet hasn't helped. So what I say to people like Bob is instead of spending your whole day checking on buses that are not running & then posting about it, thing how hard it is today to run a bus company.

Bob

Quote from: woody38 on July 29, 2023, 02:25:59 PMThere is no money running buses anymore even NXWM are losing 10 million a year so if a company like that can't make any money what change do companies like Chaserider have. people like Bob do annoy me because like myself we are not bus people. Bus companies haven't got the money to buy new buses the environment we live in has changed, more people work from home, social travel has halved because there is nowhere to go, the internet hasn't helped. So what I say to people like Bob is instead of spending your whole day checking on buses that are not running & then posting about it, thing how hard it is today to run a bus company.

Surely running poorly maintained buses, that then susequently lead to huge gaps in service will only speed up the decline though? It wouldnt really entice customers sort of thing?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk