News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on June 12, 2023, 10:23:20 PMA lot of the issues seem to be time expired Optare solo issues! I don't understand why they keep wasting money keeping time expired solos which seem to fail time and time again on a  daily basis, all the monies wasted on these clapped out optares must be eye watering, recovery, lost mileages/revenue parts & labour. Surely could of brought some good 2nd hand e200s or the likes in with the money wasted on all this junk. And then using these tiny small unreliable sheds on the interuban services is just a recipe for trouble. That orange Metrocity 799 seems to be about the best optare on fleet, its a nice bit of kit inside tbf and sounds quite nice too with the different gearbox set up.
Considering its a demonstrator and demonstrators tend to be riddled with issues because they're brand new its honestly the most reliable. I've only known a few times its brokedown. Once last year after going into limp mode, few weeks back it had gear box issues and then today because of the heat

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

The solos are the worst however, they need to go. Not even a Chaserider issue that they're breaking. It's just a solo issue. Considering 625 is the oldest volvo they have now its honestly the better out the lot they have. Even 1 and 2 have become riddled with issues. They both spend more time off road than on

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on June 12, 2023, 10:23:20 PMA lot of the issues seem to be time expired Optare solo issues! I don't understand why they keep wasting money keeping time expired solos which seem to fail time and time again on a  daily basis, all the monies wasted on these clapped out optares must be eye watering, recovery, lost mileages/revenue parts & labour. Surely could of brought some good 2nd hand e200s or the likes in with the money wasted on all this junk. And then using these tiny small unreliable sheds on the interuban services is just a recipe for trouble. That orange Metrocity 799 seems to be about the best optare on fleet, its a nice bit of kit inside tbf and sounds quite nice too with the different gearbox set up.
The 799 that broke down today again? Lol. And 144 the Metro thats been off the road for ages 🤣🤣

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 12, 2023, 11:03:47 PMThe solos are the worst however, they need to go. Not even a Chaserider issue that they're breaking. It's just a solo issue. Considering 625 is the oldest volvo they have now its honestly the better out the lot they have. Even 1 and 2 have become riddled with issues. They both spend more time off road than on
The maintanence at Delta Way must be top notch lol

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 12, 2023, 11:03:47 PMThe solos are the worst however, they need to go. Not even a Chaserider issue that they're breaking. It's just a solo issue. Considering 625 is the oldest volvo they have now its honestly the better out the lot they have. Even 1 and 2 have become riddled with issues. They both spend more time off road than on
Its not just the Solos. The MCVs are absolute heaps of junk. The ex London E200s are unreliable sheds with centre doors that are held on with cable ties and sound like theyre gonna fall out, and like you say they struggle to keep even 1 and 2 on the road. Loads of knackered lightweight stuff used on heavy work theyre not up to. Evrn the Volvos are starting to break down almost daily and 748 sounds knackered too.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Bob on June 12, 2023, 11:05:52 PMThe maintanence at Delta Way must be top notch lol

You clearly haven't seen Hallbridge Way (Diamond Tividale)

solonightrider

Solos are just horrendous pit hugging - tow truck needs things, and need a one way journey to the bin with a tow truck of course as doubt they would make the journey with out failing on route. The Volvo's  & Scania's are heavyweight so should be fine but again age is creeping on them now and them Volvo's ain't come from the best home either!. Guessing the modern day electrics on the metro-city's & enviro's are the main issues, every thing built for a short life and throw away nowadays nowt seems to be built to last any more! Both them longer metro citys were demos from new so prob had a hard life doing the rounds but that orange one seems to be a nice bus for a optare product. 

markcf83

There's plenty of Enviros available on the second hand market. No excuse.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

hlliwmai

Quote from: markcf83 on June 14, 2023, 11:28:26 AMThere's plenty of Enviros available on the second hand market. No excuse.....

Yes, I agree actually like the one I've just come across on Facebook;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02qaMLujWBwxuuofg4iiTPrsoYu5JMr2sLNmDcUnwx5YrUzH4fHqirZVLvhY94z2oEl&id=102331764840878

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on June 14, 2023, 12:58:14 PMYes, I agree actually like the one I've just come across on Facebook;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02qaMLujWBwxuuofg4iiTPrsoYu5JMr2sLNmDcUnwx5YrUzH4fHqirZVLvhY94z2oEl&id=102331764840878

I presume you have a spare £92,000 you could lend them for just one bus?

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2023, 01:02:21 PMI presume you have a spare £92,000 you could lend them for just one bus?

that's what finance is for or the option of leasing

Mayfield

That's probably about the recover costs each month

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on June 14, 2023, 01:05:36 PMthat's what finance is for or the option of leasing
You still have to pay for it.

Every bus company in the UK is losing money at the moment, being kept alive with government money, there's no way Chaserider are bringing in £40-50 per hour which is what is needed to run a bus.

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2023, 06:33:51 PMYou still have to pay for it.

Every bus company in the UK is losing money at the moment, being kept alive with government money, there's no way Chaserider are bringing in £40-50 per hour which is what is needed to run a bus.

I find it fascinating that the 'they should just buy more buses' mentality still exists, particularly given the prices of both new and second hand buses these days.

If it's that simple some of these 'armchair spotters' should get down to the bank and take the loan out themselves and start their own bus company. It's a free market so if you think Chaserider aren't up to the job why not start a competing service?

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on June 14, 2023, 08:49:24 PMI find it fascinating that the 'they should just buy more buses' mentality still exists, particularly given the prices of both new and second hand buses these days.

If it's that simple some of these 'armchair spotters' should get down to the bank and take the loan out themselves and start their own bus company. It's a free market so if you think Chaserider aren't up to the job why not start a competing service?
Perhaps they could maintain whqt they have then to aroadworthy level? 2 no 71s,an hourly service,broke down one aftee another testerday....imagine thats as your first impression as a passenger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk