News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Budgie on March 17, 2023, 08:33:51 AMI 100% about reliability turning people away from buses. It has for me twice.  Nor am I a defender of a rubbish offering.  However...

In regards to the 63, interested in the above comments, I looked at Bus Times from yesterday to the start of February. From what I can tell, every single journey has been covered in the last 6 weeks or so without fail. Yes on some days a second bus has been used, I noted that on a Saturday, the morning bus was replaced so it could do an Aston Villa match run but was replaced, I guess so the better bus could be used for the fans.

The only day that looked like it might have had an issue was on the 14th March. From what I can tell, YX09FLM did run the route after 15:15 until end of day, its just that it didn't register properly. If you look at the 15:15, the timings show the return journey from Rugeley at 19:01.

I know Bus Times isn't necessarily reliable and that as an actual user of it, you know its issues. I share the pain given the problems I've had with Chiltern this week, at least I can and have claimed compensation for the rubbish that has been served up.  However, I do question the notion that the service has been a joke in the last 6 weeks or so. Admittedly it may have been before that period.
There have been 2hr gaps on the 70, can vouch for that myself. I remember another two hour gap a few weeks ago when it was chucking it down, and the 70 had been terminated at the garage due to the bus "started smoking". The garage, and they couldnt find a spare bus, lol!  

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Can vouch, had that issue a few weeks back around 1600. 70 had broke down and the 71 was heading to Featherstone. Got stranded in Bridgetown for an hour

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on March 17, 2023, 09:02:04 AMCan vouch, had that issue a few weeks back around 1600. 70 had broke down and the 71 was heading to Featherstone. Got stranded in Bridgetown for an hour
Yep, on frequent services it wouldnt be much of an issue,but when so many buses seem incapable of lasting half a day without breaking down its a nightmare

Budgie

Apologies if I wasn't clear on my last post. I hoped I was clearly referencing the 63 route.  Posts 1343 and 1347 above both bemoan the performance of the 63 in recent times. Bus Times told me (I might have a missed a day when checking I guess), that the service has run to perfection since the start of February at least.

My aim is not to come across as antagonistic to other valued members of the forum so I tried to write the post with that aim in mind. In my review, I did not look at 70 or 71 and I also don't dismiss the problems that obviously exist for those of you actually using the buses when I am not.  I looked at Bus Times purely to get an understanding of the posts I am seeing, not to try and find a contradiction to them. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that understanding I was looking for. 

If only my route had the reliability of the 63 in recent weeks.  On my route, Arriva have apologized on their website for the mess that route is in at the moment, they should also apologise for the constant banging (release of excess air I think) that I have to endure from the Mercs as they pass me on the street but they don't.  So I can definitely complain about that as they themselves admit the problem.

Bob

Quote from: Budgie on March 17, 2023, 01:22:10 PMApologies if I wasn't clear on my last post. I hoped I was clearly referencing the 63 route.  Posts 1343 and 1347 above both bemoan the performance of the 63 in recent times. Bus Times told me (I might have a missed a day when checking I guess), that the service has run to perfection since the start of February at least.

My aim is not to come across as antagonistic to other valued members of the forum so I tried to write the post with that aim in mind. In my review, I did not look at 70 or 71 and I also don't dismiss the problems that obviously exist for those of you actually using the buses when I am not.  I looked at Bus Times purely to get an understanding of the posts I am seeing, not to try and find a contradiction to them. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that understanding I was looking for. 

If only my route had the reliability of the 63 in recent weeks.  On my route, Arriva have apologized on their website for the mess that route is in at the moment, they should also apologise for the constant banging (release of excess air I think) that I have to endure from the Mercs as they pass me on the street but they don't.  So I can definitely complain about that as they themselves admit the problem.
An example of their trying their best. The 70 today , is a 2 bus working, already on uts 4th bus. 52 broke down this morning, and 1 either broke or got took off, and there was a two hr gap in service between 1245 and 245 wolves to Cannock. 51 replaced 1

Bob

Chaserider havent had a great day today, three buses broke down on 74/826 etc circuit. Why they use clapped out Solos, a 30 seat two door E200 and the most knackered MCV they have on the most intensive interurban services is beyond me, when they have newer full size buses running round empty on locals is beyond me

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on March 21, 2023, 06:14:57 PMChaserider havent had a great day today, three buses broke down on 74/826 etc circuit. Why they use clapped out Solos, a 30 seat two door E200 and the most knackered MCV they have on the most intensive interurban services is beyond me, when they have newer full size buses running round empty on locals is beyond me

yep i have noticed the sudden decline in the vehicle allocation to these sets of routes, The loss of revenue with this shower of crap vehicles must not be of importance to the management, tiny unreliable solos on busy times and the twin door old clapped out e200 don't seat that many either, but the vehicle allocation to the 60 seems to of improved, swap the crap off the 60 to the 74 this week :-). 132 was heading out of Lichfield this morning around 7.10am ish direct down the A51 via longdon rather then the normal line of route via Handsacre for some reason, and it dont half look a rough old tub too.

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on March 21, 2023, 10:45:37 PMyep i have noticed the sudden decline in the vehicle allocation to these sets of routes, The loss of revenue with this shower of crap vehicles must not be of importance to the management, tiny unreliable solos on busy times and the twin door old clapped out e200 don't seat that many either, but the vehicle allocation to the 60 seems to of improved, swap the crap off the 60 to the 74 this week :-). 132 was heading out of Lichfield this morning around 7.10am ish direct down the A51 via longdon rather then the normal line of route via Handsacre for some reason, and it dont half look a rough old tub too.
132 smells of damp inside. It hasnt been in service for over a week, i was on it on the 70 the last time it was used before today, spwnt most of the journey back to Cannock with warning buzzers going off. Driver pulled up at Delta Way, got out said "ill be back in a few mins" waited about 5 mins then came back and dtove it back to cannock with buzzers still going. It wasnt used for over a week after that. It didnt make it through today on 74/826 lol

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on March 21, 2023, 10:45:37 PMyep i have noticed the sudden decline in the vehicle allocation to these sets of routes, The loss of revenue with this shower of crap vehicles must not be of importance to the management, tiny unreliable solos on busy times and the twin door old clapped out e200 don't seat that many either, but the vehicle allocation to the 60 seems to of improved, swap the crap off the 60 to the 74 this week :-). 132 was heading out of Lichfield this morning around 7.10am ish direct down the A51 via longdon rather then the normal line of route via Handsacre for some reason, and it dont half look a rough old tub too.
4 volvos and 187 arent in service atm, so looks like theyre struggling for full sized stuff

Tony

Two recent additions to the fleet both on Pye Greens today.

YW68 PBU last known with Kevs & YX16 OHW last known with McColls from Dumbarton

Photos of both will be on the main site shortly

solonightrider

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2023, 06:08:24 PMTwo recent additions to the fleet both on Pye Greens today.

YW68 PBU last known with Kevs & YX16 OHW last known with McColls from Dumbarton

Photos of both will be on the main site shortly
Both over for paint i'm lead to believe before heading up to D & G to be used on the work gained from Arriva's depot closure's

Bob

Once again they cant even run scheduled services! Queue of people waiting for the 1245 70 from Wton to Cannock that got as far as Cheslyn Hay and broke down......... nice 2 hr gap then......their communucations as bad as the operation. You might think theyd put on social media that its not running, considering its hourly

karl724223

Quote from: Bob on April 03, 2023, 12:50:05 PMOnce again they cant even run scheduled services! Queue of people waiting for the 1245 70 from Wton to Cannock that got as far as Cheslyn Hay and broke down......... nice 2 hr gap then......their communucations as bad as the operation. You might think theyd put on social media that its not running, considering its hourly
Why when they have got you 

Westy

Any idea which route goes by the crem at Heath Hayes?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on April 29, 2023, 12:15:20 PMAny idea which route goes by the crem at Heath Hayes?
Chaserider 60 is the nearest service. You should alight in  Norton Road just after the A5190 island (The Five Ways pub is on the right at the island). The entrance is behind the bus shelter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk