News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Predictions for 2023

Started by EK40, December 30, 2022, 03:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK40

As per last year another prediction thread for 2023,
what you think may happen,change or anything else related to such   
:smiley:

Steveminor

More service cuts by NX, more routes operated by Diamond, Stagecoach and maybe Kevs

Westy

Quote from: Steveminor on December 30, 2022, 06:58:46 AMMore service cuts by NX, more routes operated by Diamond, Stagecoach and maybe Kevs
Surely TfWm should be promoting Nbus tickets more, to remind passengers even if the operator changes, they can still catch the bus?

hlliwmai

I wonder which companies will cease trading in 2023, the only small independent companies left  are Banga; Let's Go; LandFlight; The Green Bus neither of these companies if they did go bust for any reason I can't see them being saved by Diamond especially LandFlight because LandFlight only own 2 vehicles out of there entire fleet the rest of the vehicles I believe are leased also with Green Bus I don't believe Diamond would be interested in purchasing them either.

Sandy Lane

For Coventry:

1. the Very Light Rail trams will be cancelled due to cost and delays.
2. TfWM will realise that Coventry will not become the electric only bus dream city operation as SC & Diamond take more Coventry routes from NXC.
3. Coventry Council will be forced to introduce congestion charging in Coventry as pollution gets worse due to the diesel buses and people having to use their cars due to poor bus service levels.

Tony

Not sure on your number 2. Stagecoach have already agreed to the Electric city. Are you predicting Stagecoach will not honour agreements from previous years?

Rachvince53

Let's Go to lose its licence. Diamond to buy Banga Buses.  Chaserider to cut more services.  

Steve3229vp

I'm optimistic about 2023,

My predictions are
1. There will be a recovery as far as the drivers shortage is concerned and reliability will start to stabilise.
2. There will be a co-ordinated timetable between Diamond and NX on the 4, 4H and 4M.
3. The last of the 9** services will be re-numbered and all will serve Perry Barr Station (just like the 907) on outward journeys from City, most of the 934-7 and 997's in peaks go via this route instead of the underpass anyway.
4. The Alterations to the 96 in the evenings going all the way from Kingstanding to the Airport will be short lived.
5. The new Sprint service from Walsall to Solihull will have a new service number, maybe S2 (S1 being saved for when the Airport section becomes part of the Sprint service)

Sh4318

This is probably one for 2024, but the Camp Hill line services being reintroduced, will have a detrimental effect on the 50

Unfortunately, I can also see this dispute on the railway lasting well into 2023
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 30, 2022, 11:38:15 AMThis is probably one for 2024, but the Camp Hill line services being reintroduced, will have a detrimental effect on the 50

Unfortunately, I can also see this dispute on the railway lasting well into 2023
It won't have much of an effect on the 50 as it serves pots of areas which the train doesn't 

monkeyjoe

Still more talk of 50 82, 87 cross over talk but no conclusions 

Ronnoc

A massive order of Wright Electroliners for NXWM, they do seem like nice vehicles.

the trainbasher

My 2023 predictions

Rotala will swallow up one of the other "smaller groups".

First will sell Worcester.

Transport UK Group (the Abellio MBO) will look at possibly offloading London, with NX being rumoured to be interested.

Transpora Group will reenter the WM but not as Birmingham Sightseeing.

Stagecoach will open a depot in East Birmingham. This depot will run the Coventry and Birmingham TfWM routes.

The first replacement site will be picked for the first of 2 depots replacing Birmingham Central.

Let's Go will withdraw from the 529... again.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 30, 2022, 01:54:02 PMMy 2023 predictions

Rotala will swallow up one of the other "smaller groups".

First will sell Worcester.

Transport UK Group (the Abellio MBO) will look at possibly offloading London, with NX being rumoured to be interested

Transpora Group will reenter the WM
I strongly suspect Worcester will be sold soon, either to Rotala or Stagecoach.  

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on December 30, 2022, 09:32:25 AMNot sure on your number 2. Stagecoach have already agreed to the Electric city. Are you predicting Stagecoach will not honour agreements from previous years?
Good point but things can change. Out of interest where will the SC Electrics go for their mid-day recharge - Nuneaton, Rugby or perhaps the NXC depot (!!!) or somewhere else?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk